chapter 79: venom

I soon heard the sound of the door unlocking and a perturbed Severus angrily stormed in and slammed the door behind him. Throwing his things on the kitchen table lazily, causing it to wobble. I stayed still watching with wide eyes from around the corner. He had yet to notice my small frame slouched on his couch. His fists were white from anger and he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. He walked forward and then locked eyes with me, his eyes were black with shrunken pupils. He was breathing hard and I studied his face and posture. Careful with what I said, knowing when he was in this state he was easily dissatisfied. "What are you doing in here?" he asked with furrowed brows and anger in his voice. To anyone else he was just mad but I could hear the reluctance in his tone, he was furious. And although he was trying, he wasn't able to keep it subsided completely. "Is everything alright?" I asked softly, sitting up and standing slowly. He just laughed rubbing his hands over his face and I pushed my brows together in confusion.

"Yes Y/n everything is just fine, is there a reason you've broken into my private quarters?" he drawled out and I looked down fiddling with my fingers, "I um, just wanted to come see you but you weren't here so I figured I would.." he interrupted me as he stormed over closer, "Figured you would.... just welcome yourself in. You know this is also my place of work, not a brothel for Merlin's sake!" he raised his voice. What the actual fuck? He was being so irritating as of late and I have just put up with it, not wanting to argue since it's all we would do. I noticed the smell of rubbing alcohol waft over as he got closer. I looked at the bags under his eyes and checked the time. I think he was drunk, I'd never seen him this... intoxicated before. But it was no surprise he would grow more temperamental when under the influence. "You're being very rude. And have you been drinking?" was all I said, letting him know how I was feeling, but trying not to instigate. He scoffed again, getting more comfortable with the gesture and shook his head, his eyes remaining dark with silent anger and a sarcastic smirk appearing on his face. "I've just spent the evening discussing rather sensitive topics with Albus, and I have to come back to a student in the middle of my room, on top of finding out that-" he stopped his angry rant, biting his tongue. "Finding out what?" I asked softly and he shook his head, "Nothing." was all he said and I stepped closer.

Hiding my displeased look at the smell radiating off him, however, I quickly furrowed my brows when I got closer and noticed an unfamiliar scent. It was citrusy and sweet, like a perfume. Only I owned all of one fragrance that smelt like roses. "Where have you been all night? You never stay out this late." I asked hesitantly and he looked up at me for a moment. His eyes softened for a millisecond and then went dark again as he coughed, "I went for a drink, obviously. What are you my mother now?" he stammered out annoyed, I crossed my arms and tilted my head, staying calm. "Where? the pub in town?" I questioned, disregarding his insult, and he shook his head, "Merlin no. A different one I go to." I pushed my brows together, "Oh really? What's it called?" he let out a laugh and walked past me to hang up his robes, but I didn't tear my eyes off him. "It does not matter." I scoffed and decided to take matters into my own hands. "Fine." was all I said before catching him off guard and attempting to invade his mind. He always kept his barriers up but sometimes I could get past them. He quickly grew an angry face and pushed me out, nonetheless, I continued.

Not moving and just staring into his black eyes. "Y/n." he warned and I just kept trying, it couldn't be too hard to get by, especially with how much he'd had to drink. I could feel him getting angry and annoyed, but also tired. "What are you doing?" he grunted out as he put his things from the kitchen away and I just stayed silent, focusing. Pushing and pushing, using all my energy to break down the barrier ever so slowly. I could feel myself getting closer and he sighed, "Y/n stop." I didn't and he grew more frustrated. "Why? What are you hiding?" I spoke and he shook his head, "Nothing! But you have to stop, now." he scolded, a little louder. "Am I gonna find what I think I might?" I said unsure and he shrugged, "I don't know what youre talking about!" he yelled and I laughed, annoyed. "Am I gonna see where you really went? And why you smell like some... slut?" I scoffed out, not knowing how else to describe it. I could definitely feel myself flaring up and hoped he could see it. "I told you where I went and its not what you think!" he said, gripping his forehead, wincing slightly at the headache coming from my relentless attempts. I finally found a break and cracked in.

Being brought into his memory. I watched as he drank one drink after another in an unfamiliar bar. And then watched as a beautiful woman stood before him. Tits out on display, and her finger running down his chest. I felt my heart begin to race, she was giving him a flirtatious look and he swayed. "Don't fight it Severus." she whispered and my stomach churned. He shook his head and swatted her hand off his chest, to which she grabbed his large one and placed it on her boob and I felt myself get nauseous, feeling the burning fire spread through my arms. "I said no Paris." he slurred out attempting to get up from the stool, but she pushed him down and pulled her leg up, pressing herself against him. I couldn't even see Severus' reaction to my invasion, I was too invested in the scene playing out.

"She wont fuck you like I will. I know you, and I know exactly how you like it... Daddy." my jaw dropped at the bitch using that name on him and I grew angry anticipating his response. "Get the fuck off of me you harlot." Severus spoke in a deep, serious, and very angry tone. Raising a heavy hand and pushing her off of himself. She stumbled back and fell on her ass, allowing Severus the chance to apparate away. I couldnt believe that woman. But I also felt horrible. I forced my way into his head and he was being honest and I didn't trust him. "She would never trust me again." I heard echo from his thoughts and involuntarily searched for the memory it was coming from, calling it up. Right as it opened, and I got a glimpse of Albus and Severus, it was brought down and I locked eyes with a very, very angry Wizard. "What did you think you were doing? You think just because we are together that you have the right to my thoughts? Are you so naive that you assume I have to tell you everything? I mean for fucks sake cant you just stop being so fucking nosy." he barated me with venom in his tone. I swallowed hard stammering out incoherent words.

He was breathing hard and rubbing his temples trying to calm down, turning away from me. "I-Im sorry, I should have believed you, but you've been so... standoffish and reserved. Like you have just had enough of me!" I gestured my hands up and tried to keep my defensive voice down. "Why did you say that to Albus? Were you talking about me?" I said with a mellow confidence. "Can you just- stop asking bloody questions Y/n, you're pesturing me like an annoying child!" he yelled in a deep tone, giving me an angry glare as he walked back to the kitchen. I felt a sting in my heart at the insult. He knew I hated it when he would say stuff like that. I followed him in, "See this is exactly why. You're never honest with me, what did Albus tell you?" I raised my voice once again. He was being so secretive and it wasn't fair. He was always out doing something, and would never tell me what, or he was always talking about me or something to Albus in secret. He grew more furious and frustrated. I probably should have just left, but I needed something from him, anything. "Nothing! Merlin Y/n cant you just listen to me for once! It has nothing to do with you, okay!?" He yelled out at me, only standing a few feet from me. I could practically see the steam coming from his ears, the malice in his voice that he was trying hard to subdue. I grew afraid. "Severus, how can I when you're in this state, and you can't even look me in the eyes?" Noticing his drunken, wobbly frame stood up straight and turned to the side, tearing his gaze from mine.

I flinched as he suddenly sent his fist through the glass door on a nearby cabinet. He was so calm about it, he was just silent and then knocked it in. Like someone crushing a can. Or like this was a regular occurrence. Something that happened when he was just pushed a bit too far. I gasped, covering my mouth, "Severus! Holy fuck!" I yelled in a hushed tone, slightly afraid. I walked over slowly as he pulled his fist back, staring down at his now cut and bloody knuckles. Hearing the fragile pieces of glass hit the floor. "What is going on with you?" I said reaching for his arm, he pulled his hand back and down to his side. As if he snapped back into reality, he pinched the bridge of his nose with his other hand and just sighed, "Please just go." He mumbled in a deep voice. I looked at him confused and shook my head, "No i'm not going anywhere, you're injured now and you still havent told me a thing." he just looked up, but not at me. "For fucks sake, as your Superior, just do as you're told." A pregnant silence filled the room as I stood for a moment. I looked over his appearance, dull pale skin, tense shoulders and jaw, and dark eyes. Scoffing to cover up my hurt at his comment, I decided to listen and leave, pausing to mutter something to him, "I don't know what you are going to remember tomorrow, so here, take this for the night and maybe in the morning, you'll know what to do." I said softly as a single tear fell down my cheek. Unclasping the flower necklace from around my neck, dropping it in the air and using my magic to float it over to him slowly. He looked at it in the air and then looked over at me, his eyes were still full of rage, he was still so disheveled, and still breathing hard. I just walked out, not saying another word.