chapter 29: Lucius

I looked around the shelf a bit to see the back of the Dark man walk passed the aisles to walk out of the front. I jumped back behind the shelf when I saw him look at me, with his beading black eyes. He squinted and raised his brow at me and I turned around waiting to hear him leave. He lingered for a moment more and I turned to him sharply, "Are you attending the Ball?" I spat out quietly. He snapped back to me and eyed me up and down, I stood there awkwardly and pushed some hair from my face. "Yes Albus makes me chaperone." he sighed. It's like talking to me was an inconvenience to him now, I don't know if it's because of the forest, or the mind lessons. But he was suddenly being a normal professor to me, not a friend. No longer treating me like his foolish little teachers pet. I opened my mouth to speak, "Good day Ms. L/n." He said quickly and then turned to leave. "Well i'll see you there, with my date Draco!" I said and he just gave me a look and left the store. I looked over to the man but he had gone into the back. I looked at the little girl and she smiled. I walked over to her and set my hands  on the counter. "Do you have any really extravagant dresses that would blow that man away?" I said gesturing to the door Severus had left out of a few moments prior. She looked at me for a moment and smiled, nodding once and jumping off her stool. I furrowed my brows, No way she just understood me. She took me behind a privacy divider, it seemed to expand the store back even more and I followed her to a rack of dresses. "T-thank you?" I said looking at her. She pointed to a spot behind me, and that's when I thought I was done for, scared it really was like the shining and something was behind me. I turned and looked, and relaxed to see it was just a trunk on the floor. I looked back at her and nodded and she walked back to the front. I looked through the rack and found a couple pretty ones, but they didn't fit. I sighed in the dress I was trying on that wouldn't zip up in the back all the way. I looked over to the trunk and kneeled down to open it up. I opened it and looked inside to see a few items. I looked up to the top where a mirror was and jumped when I saw a man behind me. I quickly turned around and looked at the tall man that was standing there staring me down. He was of a tall lean build and had blue eyes, and long blonde hair. I had a slight feeling of who this man might be. He slowly walked over to me, his staff knocking on the floors. I just slowly stood up and he took his staff and pushed me back down. I let out a breath and looked up at him. I was hoping this wasn't the man I thought he was, because this was kind of a heated moment, with the silence and the energy this man radiated. And I wasn't totally complaining. "I hope you do not plan on wearing this whorish dress to the ball with my son." He taunted, moving my hair from my shoulder with his staff. I slowly stood up and stared up at him. "Certainly not Mr. Malfoy."

I turned and grabbed a random dress from the trunk and waltzed past him into the dressing room. This room was a bit more secure, it was a door like a stall and it had a lock. "Good." he growled and I heard him walk away. I let out a breath and stripped out of the "Whorish" dress trying on the random one I grabbed. I pulled it on and was able to zip it up with a little sucking in. I looked in the mirror and smiled it was stunning and perfect, what are the chances? I quickly took it off and changed into my clothes. I walked out with my purse and dress and took a look at the tag on the dress. "Fuck." I mumbled It was almost a hundred galleons. I stood there and looked up when I heard a deep scoff. Mr. Malfoy was still here and was shaking his head at my language. "Such a pitiful girl you are, you're certainly lucky you are beautiful." He said walking over to me. I looked up at him, crossing my arms and tilting my head to mock him, "And youre lucky youre rich."  I retorted. He raised a brow at me and opened his mouth to speak but I just walked past him to go to the register. I set the dress down in a random spot and went to buy a bracelet I had found when I was pretending I wasn't watching Snape, I would have to find a cheaper dress somewhere else. The little girl somehow checked me out and I put the bracelet in my bag and made sure I had my wand. I tried to hurry out, to avoid Mr. Malfoy, and headed down the back of the store. Walking down the path behind it to assure I wouldn't have to run into him again. I let out a breath, the cold air leaving my nose red and cheeks frozen. I looked down at my watch. "Shit I need to meet them in like thirty minutes." I said looking around to see where to turn. I jumped when I heard the vile man's voice once again. "Did you not listen to what I said back there? You're lucky I haven't stopped you from seeing Draco yet!" he quipped, I turned to face him gripping my wand. "Here." he insisted as he held up a paper bag. I took it slowly from him and looked inside, it was the dress. I looked up at him, I gave him a polite smile. Like father like son I guess.  "Thank you Sir, I will repay you." I said nodding politely. He looked me up and down, keeping his head high. "No need, we can discuss it another time." he said, smirking and walking off. "Wait," I stuttered, he turned and looked at me, "Can you take me to the Three Broomsticks? I can't remember how to get there, and I need to meet your son actually." I said standing up straight. He nodded and I walked over to him and followed him down the dim paths. "I won't let you deceive my boy forever." The wealthy man said out of nowhere as we walked. "What are you fussing about?" I said not looking up at him. "I know you are not of pure descent." he said smugly. I stopped and looked up at him. "I don't know what you mean?" I said playing dumb. "I'm not a  fool, my son may be, but I am no fool." he groaned, looking darkly in my eyes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel heat rise to my cheeks. "If you know why are you letting Draco date me?" I said looking at him as we kept walking. He sighed and looked up and then back down at me. Raising a brow smugly, looking me up and down. "Because my dear, You're not bad to look at." He bellowed, winking at me as I stared frozen at him. "You're here, please, do keep my son an honest man." he teased as he walked away leaving me speechless. I shook my head and entered the pub.