chapter 28: Draco

a/n

Don't click the photos up top unless you want an idea of the dresses the girls pic out!!!

"Why are we going to the astronomy tower?" Draco laughed as I dragged him down the hall. "It's secluded, and free from interruptions." I said smiling. We made our way quietly down the dark halls. I looked at him and smirked and held a finger to my mouth to let him know to be quiet. He nodded and we made our way to the tower. We finally let out our breaths as we got to the top, it was fairly cold, but we huddled in Draco's robes sitting together. "So how do you feel?" He asked as we sat in silence, "What do you mean?" I said looking out at the sky. "About me?" he continued. I pondered on his question, trying to form the right words. "Oh well I know we have fun together, and I think I could be happy with you." I said quietly, still not looking at him. He nodded along, "That's good, I would say the same about you." he said, smiling at me, and  I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled. We sat in comfortable silence for a moment. "Have you ever...ya know" he said, turning his head the other way. "Um n-no I mean I've done stuff, but never i-it." I said also looking the other way, my face getting red. "You?" I asked quietly. "Oh um yeah I have done stuff too, and i've done it like three times maybe.." he whispered. I just laughed and shook my head. "Why do you ask?" I said looking up at him, he looked down shyly "oh well night of the Yule ball is kinda like the night everyone like hooks up..." he said scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. My eyes went wide and I let out a small laugh "Oh well i'll think about it." I said looking away again. "Y-yeah no of course it's up to you." I smirked and looked around at the sky, I felt a slight tug in my head, like someone was trying to read my thoughts. I paused for a moment and felt it again looking over to the stairs. "Draco we need to get outta here I think someones coming." I said tugging his arm. He looked in the same direction as me ,"Dont worry love, I've got this" he said smiling and sticking his hand out. I focused on protecting my thoughts, Draco summoned his broom and I smiled at him, he grabbed my hand and put me on the back of it, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Hang on," he said, smirking and took us up fast into the night sky, flying above the dark clouds. It was cold but I was fine, nose slightly red and my hair blowing in the wind. We sat still in the clouds above the tower, and looked down, I was right, It was Snape. He was standing there looking around. I zoned out watching him as he stopped to try and search for any nearby sounds or loud thoughts , I stopped and looked at Draco confused "Draco can you protect your thoughts from him?" I whispered making eye contact. "Yeah, I'm pretty good at occlumency." he said, smiling at me. "You?" he said as we kept our eyes on the dark professor, "I'm good enough at it." I said with a small smile.

I looked down at the tall man as he stood looking out over the school, I let him in my head for a second, he read my thoughts almost immediately, he looked up to the sky and began looking for us. I closed it back up and kicked him out and looked at Draco. "Let's get out of here shall we?" He said smiling and smoothly flying us down and into the shadows, I looked back as we flew by  the man I was so bewitched by, We made eye contact and It was like everything was in slow motion. We both had looks of sadness and numbness but I just turned forward again and we flew away. Draco took us directly to my dormitory window. I shhed him as we crawled in not wanting to alert my roommates I had a boy here. We smiled at each other as we left into the common room. We began to giggle quietly sitting on the couch and poking at each other. We slowly stopped and looked at each other. "Thanks for the save Draco." I said smirking up at him and pushing some of his hair out of his face, he closed his eyes and kissed me quickly, but sweetly, and I opened mine, I instinctively closed, as we pulled back. His face reddened and I just smiled. "Um I'm gonna go to bed I'll see you tomorrow." I said backing away and running to my room quickly. I layed down in bed and thought about Draco and I's kiss. It was sweet and special, but still my mind would wander to the all of the sudden cold brooding Professor that out of nowhere began to ignore me. I got up and decided to write to my mother to fill her in. I hadn't talked to her since I left.