chapter 66: mistakes

a/n how would you guys feel about me sharing my favorite quotes from Snape stories I have read at the bottom of a chapter every now and then? I feel like yall might enjoy them, but if you could care less lmk and I won't lmao.

 I was bored and we hardly got to talk openly at the school. And I did want to know a little more about his life before me. "I thought you didnt care about that?" he asked as he began to clean up the food. "I don't, i'm just curious about how you spent your...time before me? I mean we didn't talk much for awhile" he nodded and I stood cleaning up with him. "Ok well. I went in one day for a drink after a particular argument with a stubborn, know it all student, who was truly bewitching." he began looking at me and I titled my head at him, laughing quietly and pretending to be offended by his description of me. "And then, I don't know, she just started flirting with me." he got quiet and I smirked at his awkwardness. I could tell he was a little uncomfortable talking about it to me. "Did you guys ever hook up more than once?" I waved my wand and used magic to finish cleaning up and he just looked at me. He didn't care for me cheating my way with everything, and he was perfectly content cleaning it up for me, I knew he enjoyed doing these things for me but why spend the time when I can do it in a swipe. He shook his head walking over to the living room.

"No I never do that." he said, waving his own wand and putting a record on as we sat on the couch next to each other. "You never what?" I asked confused and he sighed looking away. "It's ok Severus, I've passed the level of maturity needed to discuss these kinds of things. Especially since we are partners now." I said softly, resting my hand on his arm and rubbing it comfortingly. "Ive never slept with the same person more than once." he stated not looking at me, it sounded kind of sad when he said it. He said it casually in his deep smooth stern voice, but to me it said a lot about how closed off he'd been. "Severus, have you never dated anyone?" I asked shocked and he shook his head, "No ive never met anyone I could tolerate enough." I was surprised, but it made sense if I thought about Severus and his tendencies. I hoped he hadn't been so incredibly lonely all his life, I mean I may have not dated many people and none of it may have been something real, but I got some feel of the idea. I thought about how old he was and how often he needed needs fulfilled. "How many people have you.." I didnt finish the words hoping he'd catch on and he thought for a moment, "Well how many have you?" he asked like a kid, trying to distract from his own answer. "Well it depends on what we are counting, because I haven't um.. Ya know." I said awkwardly and now regretting having asked, the air got cloudy with the tension and nervous feeling settling it. I had officially put us in the middle of something that wasn't pleasant for either parties. "Oh well, I didn't really keep track." I looked over at him at this comment and my brows pushed together as I held in a laugh, "You dirty man." I smiled and he sighed, "It was just a lot of one night stands and drunken mistakes alright?" I just shook my head, pretending to shame him, "I'm not surprised because you are just so dreamy, but I can't believe you put out so easily." I giggled, "Please can we talk about something else." he said in a more serious tone and I nodded, my head, "Fine." he raised a brow cockily at me. "What about you?" I widened my eyes and shook my head. "Um no I don't think we need to go over that." I went to stand but he held my hand keeping me on the couch, "It would only be fair, I mean we are partners after all." he mocked me in his sarcastic teacher voice and I rolled my eyes. "Ok if you really wanna know." I sighed turning to him, "Just some old school makeouts and hand stuff really. And I think it was stretched over about, ehhh four or five people." he looked a little unhappy with my revelations, so I just stayed silent staring at him. "I see." was all he said and I poked him, "What is it?" He just shook his head, "I didn't realize you had so many different experiences, you're still only a sixth year." He practically scoffed and I laughed, "Are you calling me a slut?" I gasped and his eyes went wide, "No of course not." he said seriously and I laughed, "Severus come on, I have barely done shit compared to other girls my age, I mean what year were you when you lost your virginity?" I asked, trying to prove it wasnt that insane. He stayed silent.