chapter 30: yule ball

A/n
READ: don't click the photo unless you want somewhat and idea of your dress!
ok so this is like a special double chapter (I may have just let it get away from me and didn't wanna cut it in two) it's almost 7k words, oops. But I hope it was worth it!

TW this chapter contains themes of sexual harassment/assault.

Most of my roommates left, or were leaving to meet up with all of their dates and take pictures. I was finishing my hair and makeup when Ginny and Hermione walked in. "Hey, how'd you guys get in here?" I said looking at them through the mirror. "Ruth let us in." Hermione said with a smile. I laughed and turned to look at them. "Oh my gosh, you girls look so amazing." I said checking them out. Ginny did a little spin and Hermione looked down with a shy smile. "Thank you, where's your dress?" Hermione questioned. "Oh yeah, why don't you guys meet up with Draco and the other two and I'll meet with yall once im done." I said smiling at them. "Do you need help?" Ginny said smiling. "No, I'm good, I just need a little more time, go ahead." I said walking into the bathroom and closing the door. I heard them walk away and leave, their heels clicking. I looked at the dress hung in the bathroom and smiled. It really was perfect, I loved the color, and the length and fit. I slowly pulled it on, looking at myself in the mirror and smiling. I really did look quite pretty. I heard a light knock and looked to the door, "One moment Hermione!" I said as I tried to zip it up. "It's not Hermione dear." I heard Draco laugh. "Oh come in." I said quietly. He opened the door and I smiled at him motioning to my zipper. "Wow, Y/n you look amazing." He said as he gently zipped up my dress, his hand brushing my back. "Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself." I smiled turning to him. He was in an all black suit with a dark green tie that matched my dress. His hair was neatly fluffed on his head, he placed a small kiss to my lips to avoid my lipstick smudging. "Well are you ready?" He said grabbing my hand and taking me out of the bathroom. "I just need my shoes. I said pointing to them. He grabbed them as I sat down on my bed. He placed them under my feet as I stepped into them and he helped pull the straps over my heels. I smiled down at him and he smirked and winked at me. He really was a perfect boyfriend. He grabbed my hand as I stood up and grabbed my purse and wand. I took his arm and we walked outside the common room.

"It's about time!" hermione laughed as we met up with the others. "You guys all look fantastic!" I said smiling at all of them. "Are you kidding, you look stunning Y/n" Ginny said checking me out. "Aweee stop." I said putting up a hand. "You look nice Malfoy." I heard Harry whisper to Draco. I looked at them slightly as I listened to whatever Hermione was saying. "You aswell Potter." Draco responded not looking directly at Harry, but smiling off to the side. I smiled at them getting along. And turned my attention on Hermione. "Ok I say we should head out now it's 8:15 so everyone should be in there now." Ginny said, beginning to walk down the hall, the rest of us following. We all nodded and made our way to the great hall. The halls were mostly empty except for a few loner students and couples headed to the carriages. Draco laughed at the pair and looked at me. I nudged him and smiled as we all prepared ourselves. I took draco's arm once more, and next to us was Hermione and Ron, and then Ginny and Harry. "Good luck!" Hermione said as we all opened the doors and walked in. Our eyes being full of all the glistening decorations and lights, it was a different theme then what Hermione had described her last one was. It was dimer and more gold and white. Everything was sparkling and there was good smooth music playing. We all smiled looking at each other and walked into the crowd. I took Draco over to Albus who was standing in the front by the large beautiful pine tree. I smiled at him and then at Draco as we walked up. "Hello Dumbledore." I said smiling at my godfather. "Headmaster." Draco said, nodding respectively to him. Albus smiled at me, "I hope you two have a good night! And I can not wait to see your performance." He said, patting my hand. I nodded and smiled and pulled Draco away. "What's wrong?" He said as I pulled him through the crowd. "I forgot about my song, I mean I have one rehearsed with the band, but I don't know if it's the one." I said quietly to him. "Oh well you will figure it out." he said trying to reassure me. "Ok I'm gonna go get punch or whatever." I said tapping his arm and walking through all the people. I spotted the drink table from the large ice sculpture of what looked like a reindeer and a doe. I walked around to the other, less crowded, side of the table and grabbed a cup. I looked next to me to the presence I felt and saw Professor Snape standing there guarding the bowls I was assuming. I got one cup and set it down, slowly reaching for another cup. I watched him from the corner of my eye, "Did you come with a date?" I teased walking over and standing next to him, facing the ice sculpture, looking at the way the lights on the other side reflected through it. "No." he drawled bitterly. "Ohh I see, you're gonna get some in a carriage." I laughed sarcastically winking. "You are such a tenacious, meddlesome, sardonic little girl do you know that?" he hissed, his posture remaining. "Why have you been so callous?" I said trying to keep my posture straight as well. "I don't know what youre talking about, I've been treating you exactly like I treat all my students." he growled in his deep sultry voice, "Exactly." I said looking over at him. "Shouldn't you go find Malfoy." He said after a moment. I sighed for a moment, "Piss off." I said, smiling sarcastically walking past him. Making sure my arm gently brushed his.. I walked over to where Hermione, Ron and Ginny were, "Have you guys seen Draco?" I asked them. "No he said he was waiting for you to get your drinks." I looked around for his bright blonde hair. "Hmm ok thanks, catch you later." I said walking off in the groups of kids, dancing to the music looking for my boyfriend. Still weird calling him that for some reason. I walked out of the Grand Hall and went to the bathroom to freshen up before I met up with Draco. I was a little flustered after my encounter with Severus, although he was rather cruel, I'm only a girl.