chapter 80: care

I didn't waste any more energy on him, just going to my dormitory and going to bed. I woke up late, having closed my curtains the night before and allowing myself to sleep in as much as I could. It was almost noon, so I was sure everyone was in the Great hall eating lunch. I sat up slowly, putting a hand to my bare chest where his necklace usually hung. Frowning I just scoffed at myself, knowing that I shouldn't be worrying about him right now. Also knowing that I wasn't going to seek him out for an apology and that he would have to come to me. I used my magic to open the windows along with Susans cage, "Sorry its so late girl." she darted out the open window quickly to get some fresh air and I laughed. I went and took my time to get ready for the day, showering and slipping on comfortable clothes. Doing my hair myself along with some light makeup. As I exited the bathroom a school owl came and landed on my window, a small note in its beak. "Thank you, here." I smiled, handing the bird a treat from Susans cage. It pecked it from my hand and flew off. I felt a breeze come through and closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

Snape POV

"Well i'm surprised to see you voluntarily coming to my class." the kind man, that Severus was still confused as to why you enjoyed his presence so much, spoke and Severus just rolled his eyes. "I need a favor, Lupin." He strained out. Remus smiled and welcomed him in, but Severus just shook his head declining. "Sure, what can I do for you?" He smiled and Severus just sighed, reluctant to ask the man for anything, including what he was about to ask. "I have some... unexpected duties to attend to, however Ms. L/n..." he paused, realizing he couldn't find a way to ask the man without making him seem peculiar. Although he had a feeling Lupin might have an idea of what's happening between the two of you, he wasn't sure, and he didn't know who else could be listening in right now. He kicked himself for not thinking this through. When he woke up this morning and found your necklace on his coffee table he instantly remembered everything, but he didn't see you at breakfast or lunch. And he wanted nothing more than to apologize to you. Although the situation was tough on both parts, and he hated the position you were put in, he had strict orders he had to follow. And deep down he knew it was all to keep you safe. "Severus?" Remus spoke softly, snapping Snape out of his thoughts. He looked into the mans blue eyes and shook his head, "Nevermind, forget it." he bellowed, turning briskly to storm off, "I can check on her if you'd like?" Remus spoke softly, leaning against the doorframe. Severus looked back at him and took note of Remus' soft expression, he nodded and stormed off. Making his way out of the school and apparating away.

Y/n POV

I unfolded the piece of paper and smiled when I recognized Remus' handwriting. "Hello friend, please come see me when you wake, I tried to come by earlier but your roommates informed me you were still sleeping." I read aloud and smiled to myself at the formality of the note. Slipping on some shoes and grabbing my wand I made my way out of the dungeons and to his classroom. I couldn't imagine what he'd need from me, taking my time to walk down the halls and around the corners. I couldn't stop thinking of Severus of course, but I just tried to distract myself with something else. I just wondered if he'd tried to come chat, or why he hadn't henpecked me to apologize. Unless he thought he didn't need to apologize, and he was waiting for me to. I wasn't going to if that was the case. Only thing I'm sorry for is not believing him, but he's made it clear I can barely trust him.

I approached Remus' classroom, walking in through the half open door. He was facing away, hands in his pockets as he stared out his window. An eerie silence filled the room as the light shone in. Lighting up the dust on the bookshelves. I awkwardly poked over and he turned to me smiling. "Hey there you are!" He smiled, raising his hands up at me. A little too enthusiastic for my taste. "Haha yeah..What's up?" I asked, tilting my head as he stood awkwardly. He let out a breath and shrugged, "I just wanted to see how you were, catch up and all that..fun stuff." he smiled down at me and I gave him a concerned look. "Drinking already Remus?" I joked as I went and sat in a chair next to his desk, kicking my feet up on the large oak piece. He looked around and shook his head, making his way over to his cushioned leather chair. "No no of course not, I just feel like we haven't talked in a bit, I mean what are your summer plans?" He ranted along and I just listened as I took in his explanations. I could feel my throat closing up at the awkward tension in the air. "Well um, I'm still waiting for Severus to ask me to stay with him." I said in a low voice and he nodded, "And how's uh that going?" he stuttered out gesturing in the air. He was squirming around like he had somewhere to be or that he was unsure of what he could say to me.

And now he was asking me about Severus. I wondered if Sev spoke to him about us. I mean I could probably just check right now. I looked up at Remus and waited for his eyes to lock on mine. Smirking when his innocent blue eyes met mine, entering his mind quickly. Although he was pretty strong and skilled in Occlumency, if I could get to Snape I could get through Remus no doubt. I focused hard, not changing my expression to much, popping in and reading through his thoughts, looking for any that regarded Severus. I laughed and shook my head when I stumbled upon Severus asking Remus to check on me. Pulling out suddenly and standing up. Remus sighed and looked down. "Bastard couldn't even come check on me himself." I crossed my arms and walked away from his desk. "Yes but he had stuff to do, at least he still wanted to make sure you were alright." a soft voice chimed in and I nodded. "I know." I agreed and stopped my pacing. "Do you know where he went?" I asked and he just shook his head. I checked my watch, Snape had been gone since nine and it was almost three. He was just going to have to see me at dinner, and I hope he'd make the effort to talk to me instead of assuming I'd come to his room.

I spent the rest of the day reading out by the lake and wandering around the castle. I was debating my options for the summer, that's if I wasn't captured before then. I was for sure not going back home, I haven't even spoken to my mother since spring break, never getting letters from her. I was sure she'd just made the decision to cut me out of her life. I wish I had at least one other relative that understood, Albus was all I had now and he was rarely seen these days. Not even going to dinners very often. I was making my way to meet up with Hermione, Ginny, and Luna so we could meet the boys at dinner. I grew more nervous as the minutes went by. Anxiously awaiting seeing my brooding professor. "Hey guys ya ready?" I asked the girls that were huddled up whispering, "Y/n did you hear?" Hermione said, frazzled. "About?" I furrowed my brows and she looked at Ginny then back at me. "Death Eaters attacked Hogsmeade again. They said they were looking for someone." she muttered softly and I frowned, "What the fuck thats insane I wonder who they were after now?" I said surprised as I looked around at the other students entering the great hall, all of them gossiping under their breath. "Um Y/n..." Ginny muttered slightly and I looked back towards them, raising a questioning brow. "I think they were looking for you." Luna whispered and I felt a wave of nerves go through me, "Oh.." was all I let out.

My mind began to race, and as it did I began to worry and half-heartedly piece things together. And that's when I began to worry about Severus. We all sat down at the table, across from the boys, Ginny sitting next to Ron. "What else do you guys know about the attack?" I said not tearing my eyes from the front doors, and the teachers table. They all shook their heads. "Not much, apparently only a few students were injured, nothing crazy though." Harry added as he ate some potatoes and I just nodded, turning slightly to whisper to Hermione. "Severus went out today, and we had a huge fight last night." I muttered looking around for eavesdroppers. "What was the fight about?" She asked quietly and I just looked down, fiddling with the hem of my skirt. "I was waiting for him, and may have broken into his room to do so. Then he came home drunk as shit and smelled like another woman." he eyebrows went up at that and I gave her a look, "Yeah, and so I broke into his mind as well to see why and then that just.." I paused looking for the right words, "Opened up a whole can of worms?" she chimed in and I nodded, "Yes exactly! Except its the same stupid can everytime." I looked up at the still empty spot and felt my heart beat, "Well maybe he is just being Snape and is avoiding you." I shook my head frowning, "That's what I'm worried about, what if he was in Hogsmeade?"