chapter 27: lies

"I just don't understand why you would say yes to Draco but no to a sweet guy like Harry?" Hermione said obnoxiously, I really didn't know how to explain it either. I ran into her on the way to dinner, and apparently the news had already traveled throughout the school. "I-i don't know I just, I needed a way to get over Snape and I guess I can see myself being with Draco more than I can see myself being with Harry." I whispered to her. "Hmm well if that's what you tell yourself to sleep at night" I rolled my eyes and just smiled sarcastically. "Well I guess that means you will be needing a dress. We can go dress shopping this weekend." She said as we walked into the great hall. "Sounds good, I'll catch you later." I said waving and walking to sit with Draco. "Hey girlfriend." Draco said wiggling his eyebrows, I just rolled my eyes and laughed as I sat down next to him. "So I guess this means I get to call you that now, and I can do boyfriend stuff with you." he continued, smirking and handing me a roll. I smiled and took it from him, "I guess, depends on what you mean by "boyfriend stuff" I said using air quotes. "Oh y'know, holding your hand, carrying your books, and buying you things." he said smiling, he didn't make being his girlfriend sound too bad actually, and if i'm lucky, I may actually fall for this blondie. "Yeah I guess we can do that." I said , smiling at him looking over to Crabbe and Goyle who were just staring at us. "Buzz off you two" Draco said when he noticed their gaze. I laughed and looked at Draco. You know he was kinda cute if you looked past the spoiledness. He had nice hair, and nice eyes. "Like what you see?" he said, smirking, I just shoved him and he grabbed my hand, interlocking it with his. I looked down at our two hands and took a mental note, I was gonna need to get used to this feeling. I looked up at the teachers table and looked at the lonely professor, I sighed, my feelings for him were still present, and I was just wondering how long it was gonna take for them to go away. I didn't tear my gaze away as I thought in silence, my mood saddening, after everything that had happened I had started to gain hope, but It was just false hope, that I had made up in my head. And I needed to move on from these foolish antics. Snape looked up and I saw him notice Draco and Is hands, he just met his eyes with mine and then looked away. I looked down and went back to the conversation with Draco.

After dinner Draco and I walked back hand in hand to the Slytherin common room. I felt it was a little soon to be parading our new relationship around, but he insisted. We entered the room and sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace. "So are you excited?" he said looking at me, putting his arm around my shoulder. "For what?" he just laughed, "For the Yule ball silly." I just smiled and looked into the fire, "yeah I am" I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, I felt his head rest on mine and I thought about how this was gonna turn out. I liked draco and he was sweet and he liked me a lot, so this was just all gonna work out great in the end. "I'm gonna go visit Hermione real quick, i'll see you later." I said getting up, he just smiled and nodded waving as I left the room into the halls. I turned out of the room and stood for a moment debating what I should really do. I walked backwards for a movement running into someone. "Oops sorry." I said, turning to apologize to the stranger. "Oh." I said realizing it was Snape. He just looked down at me and kept walking. I watched him walk down the hall and frowned at the strange interaction, that was weird? He didn't even say anything to me. I assumed he was going to head to the staff meeting he said  he had on wednesdays. I continued down the hall and strolled around the castle for a bit, I then ran into none other than Gilderoy Lockhart. "Y/n, hello how are you this evening?" he said smiling at me. I just looked up at his creepy smile, "I'm good." I said getting ready to continue down the hall, "i see you are dating Draco Malfoy now." he stated, I turned to look at him. "Um yeah I am." I said awkwardly. "That's a bit of a surprise I must say." he said looking me up and down and not dropping his "kind" smile. "And why is that?" I said furrowing my brows. "Well I just don't know if a boy like that is capable of...satisfying a girl of your...elegance." he said pausing for a moment I just looked at him and squinted my eyes, "And what makes you think that he hasn't already satisfied my needs?" I said crossing my arms. He dropped his smile at this and stared me down, "If you are imply-" I cut him off, "Don't you have a staff meeting to get to?" he looked at me confused for a moment. "Staff meeting?" he said perking up. "Yes Professor Snape said staff meetings were on wednesdays." I said arms still crossed. He laughed and sighed down at me, "Well he must have lied, because staff meetings are on the last monday of each month." I relaxed my arms and thought about what he was saying, "I've got to go." I said speeding off down the hall to Snape's room. Why would he lie to me? Did he really not want to see me the extra day? I walked to his class and didn't bother knocking again, reaching for the door knob, but it was locked to my surprise. I wiggled it once more and then knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again, "helloooo?", no answer. I pulled my wand out raising it to the door, "Alohomora" It unlocked and I walked in. it was empty, and there was no evidence of him having been here the last thirty minutes. I walked over to the familiar door he had taken me through that led to his private quarters and knocked on it, "hello? Severus?" silence. I sighed and rolled my eyes walking out of his class, locking the door behind me.