chapter 76: toucha toucha touch me

a/n 

hehehehehe

I knocked on his door, my sleeves pulled over my hands in an attempt to keep the bandage covered. He opened it himself and let me in quietly. "Hi." was all I said and I went and sat on my desk. "You didn't go to a single meal today Y/n." he stated, shutting the door and walking up to me. I sat up straight, "I know, but I ate dont worry." I reassured him. "What happened this morning?" he asked with concern, tucking hair behind my ear gently and taking one of my hands in his. I sighed, looking to the side and pulling my hand away. "I don't want to talk about this." He scoffed, "Y/n come on. You had me so worried, I mean you were screaming bloody murder." he complained and I shook my head, "It was a nightmare thats all. I'm sorry I freaked you out." I said plainly, going to move off the table, but he put his hands down on either side of me. Staring me down with a more serious look. "Darling, that was not just a bad dream. You had tears streaming down your face, and you were flared all the way up to your cheeks." he declared, gesturing to my face and making me look him in the eyes. He frowned when he saw my eyes water a bit. I just bit the inside of my cheek and wiped away the tears quickly. "Im fine now, okay? Can we just practice?" he didn't move and just stared at me with sad eyes, "Please Severus." I hoarsely let out, exhaust evident in my tone and he just nodded slowly after a moment, moving away from me, noticing I couldn't keep my eyes locked on his for more than a few seconds. I slid down off the table him grabbing one of my hands to assist me, even though I was fully capable. I stood and raised his hand to my cheek, closing my eyes and softly nestling it, and placing a kiss to his palm. I whispered a small thank you and walked past him. 

We decided to work on a more complicated potion, so I was collecting the ingredients as he set everything up. "Did you see the one I brewed in class today?" I said , smirking as I carried vials of ingredients out. "I did, I'm extremely proud of how far you have come," he smirked as he watched me get the amounts ready. "You are growing into a very talented witch Y/n." he said sincerely and I smiled as I began to add ingredients in slowly. Our relationship aside, I always wanted the respect from my teachers, and Severus being one of the most intelligent and talented Professors here, meant I always wanted him to believe in me. And think highly of me. "Thanks Professor, it means a lot." He looked at me with a sarcastic grin at the name. "I cant believe that title gets you so flustered." I joked and he scoffed, "Only when you say it." he reassured and I giggled, looking down to hide the blush on my cheeks. He let me do most of the work, only helping me keep track of how to stir and slowing me down if I was about to add too much of something. "What do I get if I do this right?" I asked after a moment of silence. He thought for a moment, his eyes locking with mine, humor as well as lust filled up behind them. "Get it right and you will find out." he teased and I smiled.

I was surprised at how easy it was to be with him and not get caught up on this morning's events. I forgot how much he took the pain away, and sucked me out of the horror this reality was and brought me to a peaceful place. I smirked as I looked up at him, setting the spoon down. "Done." My eyes sparkled as I looked up at him and he laughed, leaning over the cauldron to inspect the potion. "Ok if you did it right... it should turn this flower into stone." he finished and I smiled watching as he dipped the flower in it and held it up. A few seconds passed and nothing happened. I watched it closely as the flower changed colors, but then just wilted. "Damn." I huffed out and he just smiled, "Thats alright I didn't expect you to get this one on the first try." I shook my head disappointed in myself, "I guess I have to make it up to you now.." I sighed out in a sarcastic annoyed tone. "It's quite alright, you just need to practice again." He shook his head and laughed off my comment. But I continued to walk over to him slowly. "But I failed, don't I need to be punished for that.'' I said softly, teasing him and trying to hide the smile that creeped up my face. I wanted to learn what got to him, and how he reacted to certain things, so pushing his buttons was a frequent occurrence. He just stood there fiddling with the jars and emptying the cauldron with his wand. "Ms. L/n what are you insinuating?" he said in an agitated tone, playing along with me. "I don't know Professor, what do you think would be an appropriate...penance?" he scoffed, turning to look at me, "I think you need to do the potion ten more times." he quipped out and I rolled my eyes, "Severussss." I groaned at his attempt to get us back on track, knowing damn well we both could care less. He just laughed a bit and walked back over to his desk, sitting down and leaning back, legs crossed and staring up at me with a small smile. I just looked at him and shook my head, "No way you were serious." I retorted and he just twirled his wand between two fingers, smirking. "Until you make it correctly, how about that?" he bargained and I stayed silent.