chapter 62: tension

Snape POV

"Ok now why don't you two start by telling me what happened!" the evil man said sternly. Staying seated at the head of the table, spitting his words at the two men on the end. "Well we almost had her I swear." the one defend, his voice shaking. The other nodded, sweat dripping down his forehead. "Yeah but then Snape over here stepped in!" Severus looked up at them and squinted with malice. Those buffoons. "Ahh surely what they say isn't true Severus?" the man hissed calmly. "I'm afraid its the truth my lord, you see I was nearby and the girl called out to me, if I refused she would have surely alerted Dumbledore in no time, if not her, one of the many attendants that Lucius invited." Snape scolded looking over at Lucius. He just raised a brow and scoffed at Severus' attempt to put the heat onto him. "And Lucius, what do you have to say about this?" Lucius looked over at the man, not knowing what to say. "I think Severus was just being a coward." He quipped and Snape seethed over at the blonde man. Giving him a cold look. Luicus just swallowed and turned his gaze back to the bald man. He hissed a laugh, clearly showing the sarcasm and disappointment through it. "My my when are you boys going to stop bickering. I feel no matter how many times I pair you up you always come out hating each other more." Severus just watched as the man spoke mockingly. "Maybe I should switch things up a bit." Severus looked the man in the eyes confused. Voldemort looked around the table of death eaters with a hungry and demonic look in his eyes. Severus didn't care for the energy that invaded the room and he feared the next words that came from the gray man. "Lucius, Ive heard she is dating your son?" Lucius nodded and the dark lord's smile appeared on his lips. "I think it's time you gave Draco a call. Now!" he quickly yelled and Lucius apparated away. Only minutes later did he reappear with his stalky son, standing fearfully next to him. Severus gave him a look of pity, Draco stared down at the gloomy familiar man and then looked over at Voldemort. Draco knew all about his family's secrets, never did he think his dad would bring him here before he'd graduated.

"Ahh Draco Malfoy. Come come." Voldemort smiled standing from his seat and stretching out his hands. Draco walked over and without a second thought Voldemort grabbed his arm, pulling up his sleeve harshly. Severus had seen this gesture more times than he liked. "Wait My lord," Severus interrupted, a bold move it was but he saw Lucius wasn't going to fight for his son's freedom at all. And Severus knew this wasn't a life he would choose again in another time. "Is this the best idea, he goes to the school. He could slip up he's just a careless child." he bargained and the vile man thought for a moment. "Well what do you propose?" Severus didn't realize the place this would put him in. Thats when all of this became complicated, when he was stuck in a position of if. If he told them what he knew they would be a step closer and the ticking on the clock would be sped up. But if he didnt this boys life would be ruined. Any other child and he could be cold hearted as usual and turn the other cheek. But this boys pleading eyes, eyes he had seen since he was just a baby, and the thought of you being put in such close quarters pained him.

"I think you should give it some time." Voldemort snickered and pointed his wand towards Severus, "Time? Time?!" he yelled, "I don't have time!" he seethed with anger, the dark haired man stayed quiet. "What do you know?!" he got closer to Snape but he remained calm. Wasn't the first time this had happened. "Albus.." he started and Voldemort lowered his wand, intrigued as ever. "Albus is sick. He doesn't have much longer." Severus sighed. There it was. He swore not to tell but Draco was shaking in the back and now had a face of shock at the news. "Oh my. Now thats juicy!" the gross man spat tapping his wand to his mouth. "Once he is gone, the girl will be vulnerable." Severus swallowed the rock in his throat at the information he exposed. All of it being true. And the thought of you filling his mind. "This changes things." the bald man smiled and walked back over to Draco. "Thank you Severus for this insight, very good work!" he exclaimed excited by the news. He walked over to Draco and cupped the boys sweaty red face, "You look just like your father you know?" he said looking over at Lucius who stood by his seat, a neutral look on his face. "But I can do a lot with you still." He whispered. Grabbing his arm once again and in one quick motion tracing his wand to his skin. Severus watched as the all too familiar sound of painful cries filled the room. He looked down at the table as he saw the flashes and heard the sound of the mark being dug into Dracos skin. Feeling his own sting. "You are one of mine now. And similar to your beloved Professor Snape, you will help find out more on the girl. And when the time comes.." Severus locked eyes with the blonde adolescent. "You will kill Albus Dumbledore!" He yelled and the whole table began clapping. Severus refrained but watched as Lucius stood idly by, clapping slowly, but a dead stare in his eyes. He knew he was a horrible man, but he was living with it. Draco stood panting and squeezing his arm. "No no I refuse I wont do it!" Draco protested. "Oh yes you will deary that was an order!" chirped out Bellatrix from across the table. Voldemort just nodded, smiling. "Yes, you will." Voldemort laughed and shoved Draco away. "Take him back home Lucius, you are dismissed for the day. You better consult with the Misses." Lucius nodded, grabbing Dracos collar and apparating quickly. "Now we will meet again later to discuss further details. You all are dismissed. Except Severus. Id like to have a word alone with you." he said calmly.

Severus swallowed nervously as everyone left. But he remained stoic as the man turned to face him. Severus could hear and feel his snake travel by his feet under the table. "How are you doing, Severus?" he asked casually. "Im fine." he spoke in his deep voice, unwaved. "I see you brushed off a visitation from Quincy this morning." Severus nodded and went to speak, "No, don't bother explaining, that's not what i'm concerned about. He said you think the girl is adapting to the curse?" Severus sighed and shook his head, "Actually I said I don't know if she will develop the more... threatening symptoms." Voldemort nodded his head, "Ahhh ok. And have you seen her express any remarkable changes." Severus thought for a moment as he did when it came to carefully picking what he revealed. He needed to give just enough to satisfy the man but not too much as to put you at risk. "Just the ability to apparate was developed quickly, along with legilimency and occlumency." Voldemort's face lit up at this, "So that explains it," he said like a man who just finished a crossword. "I've had attempts to get in that beautiful mind of hers and i've been unsuccessful." Severus grew sick about that comment, knowing this man continuously tried to violate your head. "Thank you thats is all" the dark man said, waving his hand and walking out abruptly. Severus apparated back to his home in a flash.

Y/n POV

My day had been spent bickering with my mom and walking down to her community's farmers market. It was a cute little town and I wanted to actually do something while away for break. I sighed making my way back, it was getting dark and I figured it would be time for dinner when I got back. Another day gone by, spent here. And soon there was only three days left of break. I had avoided hashing it out with my mom completely and only had a few fights.

However, today felt different. It was all fine until I looked in the guest room and found a box with all the photos from the old house. It was labeled with my name but it was completely stuffed with pictures of Connie and me, and a few family photos as well. My mom must have tried to hide them from Charlie by labeling it with my name. I held my favorite photo of Connie in my hands and smiled looking at her sparkling eyes. "Who is that?" I heard a voice speak from behind me. I turned to see Charlie, I guess he was walking by from the bathroom. I wasn't going to lie. It was my mother's lie not mine. This was my sister, not some secret bastard child. "My sister."