chapter 59: worry

I was just getting back from class when I saw Susan flying in to give me a letter, I could tell it was from my mom by the stamp and let out a sigh. Tossing my bags on my bed and unfolding the paper slowly, dreading having to see what she said. I began reading it and was shocked when I saw she would be more than happy for me to come meet Charles. The rest of the letter was her telling me I could stay in the guest room since I hadn't ever come back to set up my room. I could feel the passive aggressiveness through the ink and rolled my eyes at her comment. Knowing damn well I never came home because of her. I finished unpacking my bags and took off my robes, grabbing my wand and heading down to the dungeons for tutoring, I was actually hoping to get some potions done. Severus and I have been getting distracted every session and just chatting about random stuff in his quarters rather than actually practicing some recipes. I passed quite a few students in the halls, and made sure there weren't any in his room before walking in. "Guess who is going to her mothers for spring break?" I said with no enthusiasm in my voice as I walked over to his desk. "I'm guessing that would be you." I nodded, rolling my eyes. "Ugh i'm definitely not looking forward to it. I just need to get it out of the way." he smirked up at me, "Well you know I would love to have you at my home in Spinner's End but I'm afraid i'll be gone all break." I frowned and sat on his desk. "I wish you would tell me what it is Albus has put you up to." I poked at some of the things on his desk and he shifted in his seat. "Yes well if it was up to me I would fill you in but Albus strictly said to not say anything." he shrugged and I looked him right in the eyes. "Maybe i'll go talk to Albus, get him to let you have a week off." He shook his head and stood slowly, "No no i'm fully capable, i'm also the only one that can help anyway." he stammered as he walked around his desk, waving his wand to shut the doors and turning back to face me, I eyed him suspiciously and tilted my head, "You know maybe if my trip home doesn't work out i'll just have to go stay with Draco..." I enjoyed pushing his buttons sometimes, after all he pushes mine everyday. I saw his face go blank and his brows furrow. "You most certainly will not." He scoffed walking over to grab a few ingredients from his closet. I followed and continued to tease him, "Well last time I checked no one had any issues with me staying a weekend there." I stood behind him in the closet, as he looked through the many vials. "I don't know what you're trying to do but it wont work. You and I both know you would rather spend a week with your mother than a night with Lucius." While he wasn't wrong, he was way too calm about it. I could tell he was just trying to act unbothered, but the more I said the more it pushed him. "Mmm I don't know my mom can be pretty crazy, and I have a nice big bed at Lucius' " I smirked as he stayed with his back to me and shook his head, he didn't respond and just kept looking through his supplies. I huffed and looked around at the many shelves. "Or maybe I'll see if I can't crash with Remus." I heard him aggressively set down a vial he had in his hand. In one quick motion he turned around, and pushed me back against the wall of shelves, I could hear a few of the glasses knock over and I swallowed at the surprise action. I knew the thought of me staying with Remus of all men really got to him, although Remus and I were just friends, Severus has always had an issue with the sweet man. "Stop trying to fuck with me Ms. L/n or you're going to be assigned detention." I smiled at the dark lust in his eyes, swirled with care so I could tell he was just playing along. I smirked, staring at him in the eyes and nodding softly, I slowly leaned in and placed a soft kiss to his lips, I pulled away and winked at him. "I love it when you get angry, it's hot. When you aren't actually mad of course." He smiled and shook his head, "I'm going to go insane without getting to kiss you for a week." I blushed and looked down, "That's incredibly cliche Severus I hope you know that." he nodded and I smiled "I'm aware it was hard to hear coming from myself." We both laughed and he leaned in to kiss me again, putting a hand on my waist and one in my hair, stroking my cheek with his thumb. I pulled away, my face pink and I slipped past him going back into his classroom.

After a while we were able to stop messing around and actually get some lessons in. We left for spring break in a couple days and I was getting more and more nervous. Not sure what this Charles man was going to be like. But Severus was doing a good job at reassuring me everything would be okay. I decided to go see Albus just to check in and let him know about my plans. One thing I was enjoying about my powers was being able to apparate places around the school. If I was running late for a class I could be there instantly. And if I was in the dungeons I could be outside Albus' room in a matter of seconds. I appeared outside his office and patted down my robes, walking over to his door. It opened before I could even knock and I smiled walking in. "Hello there Y/n is everything alright?" I heard him say from behind his desk, I nodded and walked over sitting down in the chair across from him. "Yeah I just wanted to let you know I'm going to be going to my mom's house for spring break." He looked surprised but smiled, "Well I am glad you are getting out and visiting her. I'm sure she misses you." I shrugged at that, not sure how much truth was behind it. "Yeah I guess." He sensed my tone and changed the subject, "how are your classes going? Is tutoring with Professor Snape helping you?" I tensed a bit at Severus' name and nodded, "Oh yeah they are going great and it definitely helps having that extra... learning time." He smiled and grabbed a candy unwrapping it and popping it in his mouth, "Well that's good to hear." I nodded in agreement looking away awkwardly. "About Snape, I heard you are sending him away for spring break." He looked up at me and I got worried. Hoping this didn't draw suspicions or make the old man angry. "How did you find out this information?" he asked in a more serious tone but still gentle. "I uh.." I didn't know what to say so I just lied hoping Albus wouldn't see right through me. "I read his mind on accident and he was just ya know thinking about not having a break..." he eyed me suspiciously and I could tell we both knew I was bullshiting him but he didnt say anything and just nodded. "Well I just need some things taken care of and Severus is the best person for it." I just stared at him and he sighed, "Care to elaborate?" He looked at me with a dead stare, "Not really. Trust me Y/n if it was any of your concern I would let you know." I sighed and threw my head back, "Ok ok fine. I'm gonna get going then." he nodded and smiled as I headed out.

I made my way to Severus' room but made a stop at Remus' on the way. "Hey, have you heard from Sirius yet?" He looked up from the papers he was grading with a smile, "yes actually I have." I smiled walking over, "Ooo tell me all about it." He blushed a bit and laughed at my reaction. "Well there isn't much to tell, we are just gonna stay the week at my home that's all." I wiggled my eyebrows smiling, "Ok ok I see what you mean." I giggled as he shook his head. "You're awful you know." he laughed, "yeah I know..I'm gonna be gone as well, my mother wrote back so looks like thats where im spending my break." he gave a sympathetic look and smiled, "Well good luck with that, if anything gets to crazy just let me know me and Sirius would be happy to have you." I smiled, shaking my head, "No I would tough it out, I wouldn't wanna disturb your only time together." He waved a hand to say it was no big deal, "Well just to give you options." I smiled and stood, "Well thank you, i'm gonna go start to pack." he waved as I left and headed back to my room.