chapter 25: trust

We entered the school, me still in his arms, his robes always hid his figure, but he's definitely very strong for being able to carry me all the way here. As he walked through the school to the dungeons I admired his features, his dark tired eyes, hooked nose and pale skin. They were all things I loved about him, even if others criticized him for them. His black hair that touched his shoulders and looked so silky shining in the dim light that came from his wand. He was truly amazing, I didn't even hear him say anything to light his wand, it just happened when he wanted it to, he was so smart. I felt a rush of heat to my cheeks for admiring this man in such a foolish and embarrassing way. "What is it? Are you ok?" He grunted looking down at me for a moment, I snapped out of my thoughts realizing I had probably been staring at him for a while, at least long enough for him to notice. I needed to get better at hiding my feelings, I couldn't just keep acting on them. "Hmm? Oh yeah I'm fine, I'm just very thankful you came to help me" I said smiling and looking back forward. He hummed in response and turned down to the dungeon hallways. "I think I can walk from here, maybe." I said, putting my hand on his arm to get his attention. "Of course." He said letting me down slowly and steadily. He kept his hands on the sides of my arms to make sure I wouldn't topple over. I winced a bit as I straightened out my legs and arms, I lifted my arms up to stretch them out hearing my joints and back pop. I sighed in relief and shook my legs a bit to make sure they were still working properly. "Does everything feel ok? Anything hurt or feel broken?" he asked, looking me up and down. "No I feel pretty ok, I mean it does feel like I was asleep for one hundred years, but other than that i'm fine." I said smiling up at him. "Good now come on." he said practically speeding away down to his classroom. I walked faster to keep up and looked down at my watch. "Wow it's already five o'clock, I didn't even go to sleep except when I was passed out in the woods." I said jokingly. He opened his classroom door for me and gave me a scowl. I laughed in response and walked in his room. I went and sat on my table that was next to his desk legs swinging over the edge. He went and sat down in his chair letting out a sigh closing his eyes for a moment and rubbing his face. He looked up at me and just stared, I kept the eye contact wondering if there was something on my face, I smiled sarcastically and he rolled his eyes, "Are you going to explain to me what happened?" He said with an exhausted tone, I felt bad having kept him up all night, but if he came he must have already been awake. "Oh ummmm, I would rather not" I responded looking away at the ceiling. "Well that's not really an option Y/n." he said sarcastically. "Well you see I would, but you probably won't believe me, and I don't need you running and telling Dumbledore." I said a slight smirk, shrugging my shoulders. He didn't say anything, he just got up and disappeared into his potions closet, he popped back out walking over to me and holding up a vial, "What's that?" I said my brows furrowed. He paused looking at me, "Veritaserum. Three drops of this and You-Know-Who himself would spill his darkest secrets." He said with a smirk. I looked at him and then at the vial, and then back at him. I tried to snatch it from his hand quickly, but the annoyingly intelligent man pulled his hand away. "Nice try. Now tell me why you were in the forbidden forest, and what happened that made you summon your patronus." He said putting the vial back into the closet with magic. I watched as he casually sent it back in its place without saying a word. This man was astounding, he just uses wandless magic and wordless magic without even giving any effort. I wouldn't be surprised if he could send me across the room with just a look. Not that I would mind.

"You should teach me how you do that." I said trying to avoid the topic. "Y/n," he said with a stern tone looking down at me. "Don't make me use Legilimency." he said sarcastically as he went and sat back down in his chair. "Well you are such a skilled Legilimens, how do I know you haven't done it already?" I said, raising a brow suspiciously. "We have practiced, have we not? So at this point you should know when I've entered your mind." I looked at him as he just smirked shrugging, "Hmm yeah I suppose." I hopped off the table and walked over to him. "Ok fine i'll tell you, but you can't tell ANYONE, and i'm not sure if this is the best place, who knows if someone's listening." I said looking around behind me. "Fine, follow me." he said rolling his eyes. He got up and walked over to a door that I'd never seen him go in before, I'd actually never even paid it any thought. He walked up to it and muttered something and it opened up. Wow teachers and their fancy doors. I followed him in the door closing behind and locking. I looked around realizing this was his private quarters. I internally freaked out, I was in Severus' quarters, the place he lived, and wasn't a teacher in. We walked past a small kitchen area with a small circular dining table, on the other side of the wall was a fireplace with a loveseat and chair sat in front of it, just as I imagined, everything was either black, or grey. Next to the fireplace on each side was a bookcase, and behind the loveseat was a large queen sized bed, it had a black comforter, and the pillowcases and sheets were a dark green. He really took his love for the color to another level, I looked to the left next to the bed and there was a black wardrobe, and a door next to it, which I presumed was the bathroom. He had a very nice room, I was kind of shocked the teachers had such fancy rooms. I mean it made sense since they basically lived here. "Sit." he said as he took a seat in his chair and I sat on the dark loveseat, it was quite comfortable. He crossed one leg over the other and rested his elbow on the arm of the chair, sitting his head on his hand. He stared me down once more and I gulped, suddenly feeling very nervous.