Chapter 56: together

He sat in his chair and I sat on the couch next to him, smiling as I looked at all his knick knacks. I wasn't really sure what we should start with. "Those guys last night, how did they know where to find me?" I asked and he shifted in his seat and shook his head." No idea, Malfoy sent out invitations though, maybe they got ahold of one." he coughed as he looked away. "Speaking of, he wasn't too happy when I left." he smiled at that and I shook my head, "let's not talk about him though." I smiled. "Yes I agree." I took my coat off and smiled as I casually showed off the necklace around my neck. I smiled up at him and he was staring at the necklace, it fell perfectly center on my chest and I blushed slightly as he smirked at me. "I see you opened gifts?" He spoke and I nodded, holding the necklace between my fingers. "Yep. I can't believe you gave me this god forsaken flower in a necklace. It's crazy." I said laughing lightly.

I watched him admire my motions and he nodded his head, "Well I can only hope its a good crazy." He said relaxing his tone, it remained deep and smooth but seemed more worried for a minute. "Its an amazing crazy." I smiled trying to hide the blush coming to my cheeks, but this man still found a way to make me nervous. We sat for a moment and I looked at the window, it was still snowy outside but I was hoping the weather would end soon. I looked at the fireplace and lifted a finger. Summoning a small flame on the end, and then tossing it on the wood. It lit up and I smiled, looking over at Severus. His eyes said it all. It was almost freaking me out how strongly he admired me. Concerns of a spell, or a prank. Or just setting me up. "You really are unbelievable. But in the best way." he smirked and I could die happy right there. My hopeless romantic heart was exploding. I took a deep breath and walked over to him, standing in front of him, he uncrossed his leg and sat straight up, smiling nervously at me, I could tell he was trying to stay tough, but was shocked at my bold actions. I hoped I wasn't being too much too soon. I put my hands on his shoulders and leaned slightly to meet my lips to his. It was a gentle but passionate kiss, pulling away slowly to see how he felt. He was smiling up at me, raising a hand to move my hair behind my ear. I sat on his lap sideways, his arm wrapping around my lower back and my arms around his neck. I kissed him again, tugging his hair slightly. I felt him bite my lip slightly and I smiled, opening my mouth and allowing him to slide his tongue in. We kissed for a few minutes, taking breaks to breathe. I pulled away smiling at him, my skin flushed. His eyes were dark with lust but cooled down when I smiled. "So are we doing this thing?" I asked quietly as I stared into his eyes. He let out a small laugh and nodded. "If you mean dating, although I hate any labels, yes." He looked in my eyes looking for any reaction. I smiled and hugged him, taking in his scent as he wrapped his strong hands around my back.

I couldn't believe this was real. Never did I imagine this would actually happen. Especially since he hated me just a bit ago. I looked in his eyes and he put a hand on my cheek, pulling me in for a kiss. This one was slow and deep. Caressing my face and moving his lips in motion with mine. This one made me feel warm and fuzzy, which wasn't something I felt often. And it was nice. Really fucking nice. "We do need to actually talk about what this is going to entail." I sighed, running my hand through his hair. "I assume you mean us keeping this a secret." He sighed looking down at my lap, running his fingers along my leg sweetly. "I do believe Lucius is already aware." I saw him tense up and let out a breath. "Yes I'm afraid so, however I've got him under control." I raised a brow at this statement, looking down into his eyes, "Should I be worried?" He shook his head, "No no of course not." If I was being honest I didn't fully believe him, but I could also handle Lucius if need be so I just nodded and smiled. "Now what about Albus?" I asked quietly, not wanting to set off anything in the worrisome man. "Well I'm afraid Albus knows all." he sighed and I nodded, "Yeah but he can't be sure can he? I mean if he was, wouldn't he have tried to stop it?" he shrugged, "It's hard to say, Albus is a very strange and very intelligent man." He wasn't wrong there, but I highly doubt he would have wanted to stand in the way of my happiness. Especially after everything I've been through this year.

"Well other than them, it should be fairly easy to keep it from everyone else, I mean we just have to be smart and cautious." He nodded in agreement, "Speaking of, have you told anyone?" he drawled out in a more serious tone, I shook my head not making eye contact, "Uh nope not that I recall.." I mumbled out, I felt his finger come to my chin, making me look him in the eyes. "Only Draco." I assured him, he tilted his head in question and I sighed, "And hermione sorta." He kept a cold stare, not tearing his eyes from mine. "I'm sorry! I was a little busy being shunned out by the one person I wanted to talk to, to realize who I let it slip to." His eyes flickered for a moment at my comment and I let out a sigh. "I'm sorry ok, but believe me they won't say anything, I've got stuff on Draco and Hermione knows I would literally hex her." I saw him raise a brow and look at me with confusion. "So about you and Draco.." He looked at me worried and I just smiled, gawking at him as I batted my eyes. "Me and Draco are gonna keep dating," I said, winking and taking his hands. "But I can assure you, it's never gonna be anything more than a kiss on the cheek with him." He looked over to the side at the fire and I kept from rolling my eyes, "Look," I turned him to face me, "it's just to keep up appearances, okay? Trust me?" I smiled, pressing a little kiss to his lips. I sometimes forget how childish this man is, but it's nothing I can't handle, especially considering how much I have him whipped. He nodded and I smiled, he kissed me once again and as we pulled away we both looked at our watches to check the time. "I should probably get going." I smiled and he nodded in agreement as he stood. "Yes and I need to get back to the third year papers." He escorted me out of his quarters and to his classroom. "I will see you later, Severus." I smiled and he nodded unlocking the door for me with a simple word. "Goodbye Ms. L/n" I smiled blushing and walked out.