chapter 75: feel dreams

I layed there facing away, pretending to sleep, until I heard the last of my roommates leave for breakfast. I planned to just take it a step at a time, avoiding Severus if I could until class. However half way through breakfast I heard a knock on the door. I closed my eyes, looking for thoughts and sighed when I realized it was just Hermione and Luna, I let them in with a flick of my wrist. "Y/n my goodness where have you been? Only Draco has seen you since spring vacation." Hermione bugged out walking into the room quickly, I sat up and looked over at them with swollen eyes and messy hair. "Woah." Luna said at my appearance and they both came to sit on my bed. "What's happened?" Hermione questioned with a soft voice. I saw Luna look at the bandage on my wrist and I thought of what to say. I didn't want to tell them about the dream I had, that somehow gave me a very real snakebite. But I also didn't know what would make sense at this point. "I've been staying with Snape the past week." I said looking down and Hermione smirked, "Ohh." I rolled my eyes, "I was recovering so don't get any ideas." I reminded her and she nodded. "Speaking of how are you?" Luna asked and I gave a small smile. "I'm ok. Still worried about what's to come, but Severus fixed me up injury wise." I smiled thinking of the man and I saw Hermione gesture to the gauze. "What's that?" I brushed over the fabric with my fingers and sighed. "Last night, I had a dream and a snake bit me. It was so strange. Severus had to wake me from the nightmare and I ran here." I spoke quietly, carefully unwrapping the bandages. "But when I got here, I noticed this." I added showing them the bite marks.

"Oh my." Hermione gasped and Luna squinted, getting closer. "So you did get bit?" Luna questioned and I shrugged, "I don't know, nothing else was real except this, and my reaction I had in the dream." I gestured to my neck. Luna asked me to tell her more and I sighed, doing my best to explain the dream to them without thinking about the events too much. The visions poured in my head as I spoke of them. I took a moment to breathe when I got to the end. They both looked at me with concern as I talked. "And you are sure you couldn't have gotten bit when you were taken?" Hermione furrowed her brows and I shook my head. "I don't know what to do." I sighed and Luna placed a hand on my knee. "It's ok, this has happened to me a few times before. I think I might know what it could be." I nodded for her to go on and she sighed. "Well, I have had many different ones, always something...tragic and full of suspense. And when im awoken, I have a scratch I got in the dream. Or I'm holding something I picked up." Hermione looked back down at the wound. "So this could be what happened to Y/n? But why and what causes it?" she puzzled and Luna shrugged. "I don't know, I always call them 'feel dreams' because I feel all the emotions in the dream, even when I wake up." I looked up at her, "Have you ever looked it up?" she shook her head, "No but some say its someone thinking about you, or trying to reach out. Sometimes even a loved one." She looked down quietly at the last part and I frowned. I always felt sympathetic for Luna, her life was nothing short of a Shakespearean tragedy.

"Mmm well, whatever happened, I just ran out after Snape started asking me questions. I can barely think of him without seeing the memory play over. I don't know how I will get through class, let alone tutoring." Hermione gave me an empathetic look, "I still can't believe you two are together." she quipped and I nodded, "i know me neither. He's great though, he's a real sweetheart when we are alone. I don't know how he's going to react if he sees this." They both looked at me with an unfortunate gaze, "I'll just wear a sweater, speaking of, I should probably get ready soon." I stated and they nodded, standing, "Yeah we gotta catch up with the others." Luna said moving towards the door, "Oh Y/n, do you know what's going on with Draco? He has barely spoken to anyone, not even Harry." Hermione frowned and I sighed, "I have no clue, he was barely present in class." She just shook her head and waved as she headed out, "i'll see ya later thanks." I said and they shut the door behind them.

I quickly hopped in the shower, letting the hot water run over me. It relaxed my body and I watched as the water ran over the wound across my side. It was healing well, but was going to leave a large raised scar for my life. I only imagined I'd gain more if things go poorly. I sped up the process, not wanting to be late. Using magic to fix up my hair and do my makeup. I brushed my teeth before getting my uniform on. Wearing a Slytherin cardigan over my button up, hoping to keep my snake bite concealed. I slipped on my shoes, praying I'd be able to keep myself distracted enough today that my mind wouldn't wander and lead me to think about my night. I stood, spraying on some perfume before grabbing my book bag and wand, heading out to first period early in hopes to collect whatever work I missed.

--

The day flew by, I was able to eat lunch in the Ravenclaw common room with Hermione, Luna, and Ginny. We all talked about spring break, and caught up on all the drama. They were more than happy to ditch the boys and eat in here so I wouldn't have to see Snape at lunch. However I couldn't avoid him all day. And I was hoping he wouldn't be mad. I was running a little late, hurrying to the dungeons, pushing past some kids that were going to slow. The bell rang and I rolled my eyes as I sped up and approached the potions room. Walking into a full class, and Snape writing something on the board. I was about 45 seconds late, but as we know to Severus, might as well be an hour. "Late Ms. L/n. Five points." he said sternly not turning around, I heard a few fellow Slytherins scoff and groan. I didn't care though, no matter how many he took from our house it would never be as many as the other houses lost from the loyal, albeit unfair man. I sat down to an empty table. No Draco in sight. "Brew the potion on page 641, then fill out this chart." he spoke in his deep annoyed tone. Staring down the students as he passed out the papers. He came over to me and we locked eyes as I accepted it from him with my left hand. He just looked down at me and then moved on to the next. I sighed, nervous over brewing a potion alone. But I had been practicing with Severus a lot more, and was more confident than I used to be. Just always afraid of my Professor's reaction.

I gathered the ingredients and my cauldron, dusting my hands at the simple steps being completed. I took a deep breath as I read the instructions for a fourth time, taking my time to slowly add them accordingly and stir. It began changing colors and I smiled. I watched as it turned the dark magenta like the book said and made sure it stayed that way. I was supposed to be dropped on a seed and it would turn into a grown vegetable. I tested it out on an apple seed, and sure enough it turned to a shiny red apple rolling off onto the floor. I smiled proud of myself and poured it into a vial. I used magic to clean up my ingredients and looked around the room. A few kids still working on theirs and those that finished were cleaning up. I slowly walked to Snape's desk to give him the finished potion as instructed. I placed it down and he looked up from his papers. Giving me a bored stare and picking it up between his large fingers. He examined it and then looked at me, nodding me off and returning to writing. I walked back to my desk a little upset he didn't even give me a small smile or a 'very good'. I knew why he didn't, but it still felt shitty sometimes.

The class ended shortly after and I left quickly, once again not staying to talk. Planning on skipping dinner as well and just coming to see him for tutoring later tonight.