chapter 45: accidents

"Now that's better." Madam Pomfrey said smiling and she sat on the stool to fix up my foot. "Thank you, they were suffocating me over nothing." I scoffed. "They just care a lot about you." she smiled as she wrapped my foot and moved to get the stuff for stitches. "Not all of them." I mumbled to myself. "So are you gonna tell me what really happened?" she said calmly, moving to lay my arm on a table. "I did that's really what happened. It was so strange." I looked down and fiddled with the hem of my shirt, I noticed it had blood on it. "This will hurt dear so try to distract yourself." she said as she grabbed the needle. I watched as she pushed it through my skin and I hissed slightly, the area was a tad numb from some ointment she applied but I could still feel the sting. "Have you ever heard of an animal just escaping and darting away like that?" I asked her as she focused intently on my arm. "I'm afraid not sorry dear." I nodded and just laid there as she finished my stitches. "Okay dear all done, now let me get you a potion to drink to help make sure you don't get an infection." she said, smiling and walking over to her closet. I layed there with my head back on a pillow looking up at the ceiling. "Oh seems like i'm all out, I will be right back you just hang tight while I get some more from Professor Snape." I nodded and sighed, "Sorry for keeping you from dinner over a papercut." I said with a half smile. "Oh I love my job you aren't keeping me from anything, and a papercut wouldn't need stitches, now don't go anywhere." She waddled off out the doors and I looked around the empty eerie room. I lifted my foot up so I could see if the gauze she wrapped around was still clear of blood. I swung my legs over the bed and stepped down on my feet, lifting some pressure off my wound after feeling the slightly sore pain from stepping on it. I wobbled over to her closet looking at all her supplies and then over to a wall with photos of the previous nurses. "I thought she told you not to go anywhere." I paused, flinching slightly at the deep voice. I spun around and flashed a fake smile. "Hello professor, can I help you?" I said slight annoyance in my voice. "I came to give this to Madam Pomfrey I figured she would need more for your dilemma." I looked at him for a moment raising my brow slightly. "Oh and how did you know she was out?" I questioned. He paused for a moment and sighed, "Just give this to her." He held up a vial with a label and I looked at it squinting as I grabbed it. "How is your arm?" he asked as I looked down at the vial, "It's fine why do you care? I have the bottle you can go now." I quipped looking towards the door. He rolled his eyes and did his 'im now mad' twitch where he straightens up, tightens his jaw, and furrows his brows even more. "Look I don't know what happened with your pet and i'm just trying to find out." I stared at him for a moment. "Why did you take this from Madam Pomfrey and then come back to give it to her?" I said holding up the half filled vial. "What?" I gave him a blank stare, "Cmon just tell me the truth, I really cant handle anymore lies right now."

"Fine. I took it so she would leave the room and I could come ask you some questions." I looked over at the doors to see if she was approaching. "Well hurry and ask." I gestured for him to go on. "I did and you gave me attitude." he glared down at me and I looked down. "What were you doing before you stepped on glass like an imbecile?" I snapped my head up at him, "I was reading on my bed." I said nonchalantly. "That's all? Just reading?" he said looking down at me confused and dare I say a little concerned. "No reading and baking a cake, yes that's all." He gave me a look for my tone and I just smiled as I walked over and sat on the bed again. He paused and then walked over to me, "Did she ask about this?" he said getting a little too close with his hand as he slightly brushed my hair off my neck. "Not with all of you crowding her she never noticed." he rolled his eyes and then looked at my arm, thankfully it was wrapped up so you couldn't see any of the stitches. "Y/n if i'm going to try to help you I need to know the whole story every detail." I looked at him for a moment, id been trying to avoid falling into his eyes but I matched with them and felt a rush through my chest and the butterflies in my stomach, but they were quickly smothered by the pain of remembering what he said. "Well maybe I don't need your help." I responded in a slightly less kind tone. "Well maybe i'm doing this for Albus and would rather be anywhere else right now." he retorted in a more angry tone. "Ha yeah ok." I said scoffing, there was no way he didn't still care even a little for me. He would never do this for another student. "What?" he said and I shook my head. "Nothing you should go I can hear Madam Pomfrey coming." He looked at the door and we could hear her feet clicking on the ground, he looked back at me and out of nowhere I felt him enter my mind, I blocked him out quickly and forced him out so fast I entered his. Standing from the bed, I started seeing memories flash before me, Severus being bullied, him and a redhead girl, and then the night of our big argument, right as he finished his sentence and the tears began to roll down my face he managed to get me out. I snapped back and was breathing a little heavily whereas Severus was raging, his chest was puffing in and out and his eyes said it all. "You-" he was cut off by the doors opening, "Hello dear im ba-'' Both him and I looked over to Madam pomfrey. "Severus there you are, I was looking all over for you. I need some-" he didn't let her finish but instead quickly flashed me a look and turned and stormed off, robes billowing behind him as he walked off. I wish I could say he was being dramatic, but I did just totally violate him. "Hmm I swear that boy needs to be tamed, he has no manners." she said resting her hands on her hips. I held out the vial to her and she looked at me confused but just took it and gave me some.

Leaving the infirmary was fun, I ran into a few teachers and students asking me what happened. I then realized dinner was over. I looked at my watch and practically ran as well as I could to the ravenclaw common room. I hurried up to it and began knocking, "Luna oh my gosh I'm so sorry but I promise I have a good excuse, plea-" she opened the door and I smiled sadly at her and held up my arm, her neutral face shifted to her jaw open slightly. "Oh- Y/n what happened?" I sighed and walked in "it's an interesting story." Luna had kept the food warm and we ate while I caught her up on everything. She said she would try to do some research on owls and I appreciated her willingness to help me. As I was getting ready to leave I stopped at the door to say goodbye and I noticed a cute necklace she had on that had been hidden under her sweater. "Oh Luna, this is so cute. Where did you get it?" I asked picking up the silver horse pendant. She looked down and slowly took it from my hand and tucked it back in her sweater. "Oh nowhere, just a gift from a friend." I looked at her suspiciously, "You know if you like someone you can tell me, you can tell me anything." I smiled and she nodded "I know thanks. Same here." I looked down and nodded saying goodbye and leaving. I guess it makes sense, both of us liking someone and not telling the other, even though we very well could and neither of us would judge. But it was fine because I didn't want to like Snape, and I'll be over everything with time.