chapter 74: cunning

I felt a sharp pain in my head all of the sudden, causing me to wake up and grip my forehead. It felt like a migraine only stabbing throughout my head. I rubbed my temples as I looked over at the clock, my vision slightly blurred. It was almost time for Severus to wake up, I looked down at the peacefully sleeping man and smiled to myself. I felt my head throb once more and I sighed. Getting up and going to the bathroom to take some pain medicine. As I looked in the mirror I saw the veins had not gone back to normal. They were still spread across my shoulders like earlier. Only they didn't burn, they were just there. I ran my hand over them and then just shrugged, grabbing the pill bottle. Putting two in my hand, I swallowed them, setting the cup of water down quietly. I heard a strange noise and peaked out of the bathroom. It sounded like it was coming from his kitchen or living area. I saw Severus still asleep in bed and I got stiff when I heard familiar whispering voices. They sounded ghastly and soft. Not just like a real person in the room. I had flashbacks to the moments before I let the dark lord take me. Except these voices were different. Not coming from in my head or near me. I slowly made my way past the bed, looking at Severus once more before quietly checking the living room. They got louder as I made my way over. I breathed out as I shook from the cold air on my skin, giving me goosebumps. "y/n.." I heard the voices whisper sporadically and I perked up, looking all around me. I didn't see anything. Walking over to the window and checking for any intruders outside. However, there were none. "What do you want now?" I questioned in a whispered voice. It ignored me and I walked into the kitchen, noticing something on the table that hadn't been there. It was a flower all by itself. I had seen this before, that was for sure. Avoiding it I backed up suspiciously. The stone floor was cold on my toes and my exposed skin was numb. I heard a shuffle and then turned around, gasping and covering my mouth to hold in a scream at the figure before me. Less than a foot from my face, another ghostly apparition of Connie appeared.

I felt my chest rise and fall quickly, not removing my hands from my mouth. I was stunned, not moving from my spot. I held back tears at her appearance. Wearing the outfit she died in, her eyes white and lips chapped. Purple tinted skin and tears falling down her face, but not making a sound. She had a dark black almost hole, in her chest. And what almost looked like soot, running from the hole up her neck and around her mouth. I felt the fear shake through me. Not being able to move from the sight. Frozen to the ground. She just stood staring at me and not blinking. I felt her own fear and sadness radiating from her energy. I was seeing visions all around my mind of her memories, her last moments, and her screams. Silently allowing tears to fall down my face at the overwhelming emotions. "Connie.." I whispered out, muffled from my hands still. She just slowly opened her mouth and my eyes went wide, a large black cloud of smoke came out. She began to cough, black dust coming from her throat. I started sobbing quietly at the sight. Never having seen anything this chilling. I shook my head as her mouth stretched wider. I closed my eyes and opened them, hoping if it was a dream, I could wake up. I saw something make its way up her throat, moving her skin slightly. Lumps appearing and moving up towards her cheeks. I furrowed my brows and watched as a snake came slithering from her mouth. She continued coughing and I was finally able to get my feet to move, taking steps back as I cried. The snake dropped out of her mouth and I screamed, jumping back as it slithered towards me. I tried using any power I could but nothing worked on the large reptile. The figure that looked like Connie dropped to the ground into a pile of ash. I screamed out as the snake got closer, backing me to the door.

I heard footsteps and saw Severus running from his room frantically, "Y/n!" he yelled, wand in hand and worry in his eyes at the sight. The snake lunged at me and I put my arm up, feeling the creature sink its fangs into the side of my wrist, I gasped in pain and Severus zapped a spell out at the snake, causing it to let my arm go and flop to the ground. Suddenly it stopped and slowly twisted up. It spun into a bigger snake and my eyes went wide as it hissed separating us. It locked its eyes on Severus, slithering towards him. I shook my head, casting out as many spells as I could, feeling the blood drip down my arm. It was burning hot and dripped on the stone floors. "NO!" I screamed as it got closer to my beloved professor. He continued striking spells out and it just went along the snake's skin, not harming it. I started violently sobbing and screaming as it got closer to Snape. In a blink of an eye, everything went into slow motion. My surroundings stretching out around me further. Watching the scene play out in front of me. Severus glanced up at me, with caring eyes, my hair swung slowly as I shook my head, his lips quivering and tears brimming in his eyes. I screamed out as much as I could, it being muffled from the speed of reality, and like a dream, felt as if nothing was coming out. No one could hear me pleading for the life of the one I loved. He mouthed an I love you, accepting his inevitable fate and I felt as tears stung down my cheek. He didn't tear his from mine and I saw the snake slowly lunge up towards him. My slowed piercing screams surrounding the room. Wailing out as I watched the snake extended its jaws and latched onto Severus' neck. Blood dripped from its mouth as he continued staring at me, eyes going heavy as he slowly fell to the ground. I felt my insides burn and my throat go numb as I screamed out at the sight, everything distorted and my surroundings shaking. Hot tears burning my face raw. I felt the stabbing pain all over, the veins covering my entire body, my face and hands. Seeing a green shimmer travel through them. Screaming out as I dropped to my knees, a large cloud of black puffing out from my mouth as I gasped out, clutching my chest. Scratching my neck at the burning sensation. Dark green smoke trickling from my chest, pouring from my hands as well, making its way to the snake, immediately wrapping around the reptile, and I watched through puffy, blurry eyes, as It burned up before me, leaving nothing but a pile of ash, and some small pieces of bone. I continued gasping and choking out on the dry air and lack of oxygen in general. I stumbled over to Severus. The reality snapping back into real time. I watched from another point of view as I cradled his head to my chest, curling up to him as I wailed out.

"Y/N SWEETHEART PLEASE!" I heard a shout and then felt a sharp sting to my cheek, causing me to shoot up. Holding my chest and looking around. Breathing heavily and feeling the wet tears on my face, my skin burning hot and my lungs screaming in fear. "Y/n shh be quiet it's okay!" I heard the deep voice from beside me speak and I noticed I was back in bed. Panting out and shaking. "What's wrong?" an extremely worried Serverus spoke, moving his raised hand, cupping my face, and pushing hair off my wet skin, wiping the tears that continued to fall. "Merlin look at you." he said, stunned and I glanced at my appearance in the corner body mirror. The black fiery lines were up my neck covering the lower half of my face and the rest of my body. I just closed my eyes and dropped forward into his chest. He quickly wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back as I cried. "Did you have a bad dream?" he asked after a moment and I leaned up, feeling the sting over my cheeks lessen as I calmed myself down slowly. "I-I don't know." I sniffled, "It all felt so real." I stammered out and he furrowed his brows, concern covering his eyes. "Its ok youre here and you're ok." I shook my head looking up at him, "It wasnt m-me.." I whined out as I remembered the sight when closing my eyes. "Well whatever happened, it wasn't real and everything is fine, I promise." he assured me as he continued hugging me and stroking my hair. I felt frozen as the vision of him being bitten replayed again and again in my head. "Do you want to tell me?" he asked and I quickly shook my head and he just nodded.

I leaned up and he watched as I stood from the bed, puffy eyes and messy hair. I quickly fumbled around grabbing my robes and put it on over my shoulders. "Love what are you doing?" he asked, confused and standing as well, I grabbed my wand, holding back the tears I felt trying to creep down again. I just looked at him stiffly before disappearing with a pop. Apparating back into my room. I stood in the dark room, a lump in my throat. Tossing my wand and robes down and walking into the bathroom. Shutting the door and sliding down onto the ground as I sobbed once again. My face in my hands to muffle the sounds. Never in my life had I had a dream so real and scary like that. I felt every emotion possible, and It seemed so realistic because I could still feel them. And I could still see my sister's corpse before me, and I could still see the pleading look in Severus' eyes. I saw the veins finally retracting up my legs. And looked down at my arms as they did the same. I felt my stomach drop when I turned my arm and saw two red puncture wounds. My whole body went numb. My surroundings melting as I stared at the mark.

I shook as my wide eyes blinked away a few more tears. Sniffling, I quickly wiped them from my face, standing up and looking in the mirror. My face went pale as I stood in shock. Going completely silent and cold. I grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink and with sweaty trembling hands I wrapped gauze over the wound, covering it up and taping it down, I put everything back perfectly and switched off the light, making my way out the door. I stood looking around the room, my bed before me. I didn't know what to do, or how to feel. I was so... lost. I looked over at Susan who stared me down with her beady eyes. As if she was trying to share her wisdom, but could tell the state I was in. I shuffled over to my bed, glancing at the clock. Breakfast wasn't for a couple hours still and I unconsciously laid down, facing the window, away from my other roommates. Staring out at the night sky, not being able to shut my eyes for more than half a second to blink without the vision replaying over and over. A single cold tear dropped down my cheek as I stayed still in fear and silence.

a/n not sure how I feel abt this chapter lmk