chapter 68: constance

"It really starts all the way back to your adolescence. When your father had first come to me regarding your family. The first thing he said to me, what was it," he tapped his chin, "Ah yes, something like, 'I need your help and Ill do anything for it.' he was a frightened little fellow back then. He said he'd gotten himself stuck in a deep hole of debt. Gambled it all away it seemed. And at the time I was in need of more people on my side, the right side." He paused, turning the story into a theatrical performance, I stayed silent, invested in knowing what happened and how I got tied into my Fathers affairs. "Offered him some money in exchange for his work. Thats all it was to start with. Then he reported back to me the two little girls who expressed some abilities that threatened our goal. You and your sister. Merely beginner witches but accelerating at great speed." I felt my eyes prickle at the mention of Connie and swallowed hard. 

"Ill be honest Y/n your father was a weak man. Hunger driven, and submissive. He did anything I said in order for that monthly payment, sad thing addiction is. Anyways, he explained to me, your stubbornness and attitude and how you weren't as advanced in comparison to your sister. She peaked my interest first, so intelligent and talented, picking up things left and right. I wanted her, needed her for my cause. With a supernatural being like herself I would have been one step closer to my goal, would have taken on Dumbledore and the ministry sooner. Wiping the slate clean along with it, leaving only the truly powerful amongst us. Which was an interesting revelation to find out your bloods...impurity. Shocking to find such talented wizards that were mudbloods." I sat here taking in everything he was saying. Trying to keep myself from exploding with anger, and we haven't even gotten to the part that led us here. "And thats when it really got interesting, after lots of observations, I found your sister to not be a good fit, she was too weak minded, too kind for her own good, she would never be capable of hurting a thing, she had all the power but none of the drive, and it left me in a tough spot. But I stumbled upon this book here," he pulled out the familiar leather spellbook from thin air and opened it up to a bookmarked page. 

"The curse of the wicked, such an interesting creation. I don't know who would have ever needed it, but it came in great use. I assume you didn't get to read very far ahead," he snickered looking up at me and my unamused face. "Allows a transference of power to a target of the casters choosing, power can be obtained from the caster themselves or can be power taken from another individual." he read aloud and I cringed at the sentence, fearing where the story might be going, "It was perfectly planned out, I knew it would take time, but I was ready to wait to ensure my success. And soon your father and I were planning your sister's demise. There was only one way to make the perfect wizard for the job, with your sisters abilities and your willpower and ambition, it worked out perfectly. So we got your father to lure her away, and I assure you it was as painless as possible." he said casually and at this point I felt my lip quiver, a hot tear rolling down my face.

I sat there contemplating my whole childhood, thinking about the years we'd been mourning her and it was all because of my idiot father. "We extracted her powers, saving them for the perfect day, and then im sure you know the rest." he finished looping his fingers together as he sat there casually. I wiped the silent tears that poured down from my eyes sniffling. I looked up at my father and he just looked away, "You coward." I sneered at him and he just stayed silent, "How could you do that to her? To your child?" I stood slowly and he just continued to ignore me, "Come one say something! I know you have to have something to say? A pathetic excuse? Or a snotty remark?!" I said, raising my voice at the man I once called Dad. "I will never understand nor forgive you for that, all these years you acted as if you felt even a smidge of remorse, but you don't. You're just a fucking physchopath with no morals." I quickly raised my wand and casted a swift spell out to him, Voldemort had no time to react before Quincy was being flown back into the wall. He got up pulling out his wand as well, the dark lord stayed seated, finding the altercation entertaining. I slung my wand once again, throwing an even more painful spell at him, he blocked it and I quickly threw another, striking his arm. He stumbled a bit and yelled as he casted one out towards me, I scoffed blocking it with ease. I saw Voldemort perk up out of the corner of my eye.

I raised my wand once more, and struck the old man on the leg this time, he had cuts bleeding from where I struck him and I develled in the sight of him wounded. He caught me off guard throwing a spell out and I blocked the main shock of it, getting clipped on my side. I looked down at the medium sized cut across my waist as the blood made its way through my shirt. "Bad move Father." I centered my energy and quickly felt the veins spread throughout my body, in a quick blink my father was being lifted in the air and tossed against the wall in full force. I smiled as I lowered my hand back down and looked to a dumbfounded Voldemort. He began clapping and stood quickly. "Magnificent!" he cheered and I heard Quincy groan from the side, still on the floor. He waved his hand and my father disappeared. "You are better than I expected. You're going to do great things for us. And to think this is only levels one or two." he grinned wide and I shook my head, "No I refuse, I'm not helping you!" I yelled and his smile faded as he stepped closer to me, I felt the needles poke at my skin from the hot pain of the curse, it grew more painful when in close proximity to its caster. "Look where you are Y/n. There's no backing out now, you're all mine."

I heard screams from down the hall and looked back at the man, "What about Harry, why did you take him?" I asked and he just snickered, "Thats between him and I, now why dont you get some rest." he grinned at me and I shook my head, "Fuck no im not tired, I dont want to stay here with you." He just shook his head at me and the doors behind me opened, the death eaters coming in once again and grabbing my arms, "Asshole cant even take care of me himself." I scoffed and he rolled his eyes at my comment, "You watch people are going to come for Harry and me, and they won't stop until they save us." I warned as I allowed the Death eaters to drag me away, knowing there was no use in fighting them. They tossed me into a room and I fell on my ass. I felt hands wrap around me to help me stand and saw Harry there, "My god are you ok?" I asked brushing his hair back and examining a cut across his face, he looked like he'd been jumped by wrestlers, "Yes I will be, are you?" he asked pointing down at my cut, "Its not as bad as it looks." I said lifting my shirt, but we both made a face looking at it. "Y/n I dont think thats nothing." he said worried, I looked back up at him and pulled my shirt back down, "No its fine really, what did they do with you?" I asked and he just sighed, "They just asked me a bunch of questions and kept trying to beat the answers out of me." he said wincing as he softly poked at his swollen cheek. 

"Dracos is going to flip when he sees you." I said softly and he looked down, "We haven't spoken all spring break, not even a letter." he sighed and I shook my head, "im sure Lucius is just watching him like a hawk." he nodded and I looked around the room, there was a bathroom attached and two beds. No windows and the door was locked. I went into the bathroom as Harry went and sat on one of the beds. I shut the door and quickly lifted my shirt looking down at the cut, "Shit shit!" I cursed quietly to myself. He had struck me with something i'd never seen before. The once small cut had not stopped bleeding and several others were beginning to form around it, also bleeding uncontrollably. I waved my hand using every possible healing spell I knew and nothing worked. I felt my eyes water and I let out a shaky breath from the pain. I was finally getting my cursed veins to alleviate and now I was being sucked into a whirlpool or pain from this spell. I couldn't even remember at the moment what it was he called out before hitting me. I tore my undershirt and tied it tightly around my waist, gasping and biting down onto my knuckles from the tightening of the fabric around me. I let out shaky breaths, pulling my shirt back down and washing the blood from my hands.