chapter 51: surprises

I woke up with a sigh, looking over at the time. In 24 hours I was officially 17, I didn't feel any different. It was just a regular day, until tonight, I was just hoping everything was gonna be simple and easy, no drama. I got up and got ready for school. I wrote a quick letter to Lucius telling him to add a few more professors to the list, I went to send it then saw my empty cage, I frowned and grabbed my bag. I headed for the door and walked over to Dracos room. I knocked and Draco let me in, "Good morning, Happy birthday!" he said smiling, "Can you send this to your dad?" I said walking in and handing it to his owl, the owl flew out and I guess knew where to go. "He only knows where my home is. Daddy's rules." he smiled. "So are you excited about today?" Draco asked, I laughed and shook my head, "let's go." We headed to breakfast to meet up with the rest, I sat down next to Luna across from ginny. I was definitely sensing something here. But I wanted to let Luna come to me, I just hoped she would. "So youre all coming to my party tomorrow night, right?" I asked, sipping some juice. "Yup" Ron and Harry nodded, Ginny smiled and so did Luna, "Of course" Ginny laughed and Hermione smiled, "yes if I can find a dress" she giggled and we all finished up quickly. "You go ahead Ill catch up", I said to Draco as we met before potions. I stayed to talk to Remus. "Soo you're coming to my birthday party right." I asked, smiling up at Remus, he tilted his head and shrugged, "Lucius and I aren't really friends Y/n." I shook my head, "Don't worry about him, it's my party anyone i want can come." I said reassuringly. He looked at me for a moment thinking, "Ok fine. But this is what I'm wearing." I put my hands up and smirked, "Fine by me, see ya tomorrow night." I smiled and headed out quickly down the hall. "Draco, Remus is coming!" I said smiling as I grabbed his hand. "Oh that'll be interesting." He laughed and I shoved him as we walked into Snape's room and took our seats. I didn't attend any lessons this week because I was prepping for the party, and to be honest I was avoiding him after the pub. I kept my head down in class, sometimes making eye contact with him, or looking up at him when hes sat down. I was getting help from Hermione for potions which was helping a little. "Everyone brew the potion on page 349, that's all." he said walking over and entering his private quarters. No one else questioned it but I was wondering what was going on. I flipped open the book and sent Draco to get the ingredients. I looked over at the door and closed my eyes. Searching for any thoughts I couldn't find any so I stopped and decided to leave it alone and get the cauldron.

Severus entered his quarters and stormed over to the man on his couch. "Why are you here?" Snape asked harshly. "I told you, here read her letter." The man said, handing it to Severus. He quickly read it and sure enough, It was the letter I wrote, excusing his stay here as a favor for me. Severus huffed, "Well you aren't staying here, you can stay at Malfoys." The man laughed, "Oh I haven't missed you a bit Snivellus, are you coming to the party as well?" he smiled standing up. "No, I am not going to a child's birthday party." he droned out. "Hmm well I will get going." The man said walking past Severus and out his window, shifting and running off. "Disgusting." Severus sneered as he turned and walked back into the classroom, so far everyone was doing good, He went and sat back down grading papers. Draco and I finished quickly, and poured it into a vial. I cleaned everything up and Draco put it on Snape's desk. The grumpy man not saying anything.

Soon class was over and I had some preparation to do, i was gonna skip dinner and go to the Malfoys a few hours earlier. Draco should be coming along as well. I quickly packed together my things, including my dress and makeup. I put my robes on and shrunk everything down, sliding it into my purse. I already had some light makeup on, but i was still in my school uniform.

"Hey are you ready?" Draco asked from the commons room couch, "Yup let's get this over with." I smiled and walked out ahead of him. We went to the gates and I stood there waiting for Draco. "I told you to shrink your stuff." I smirked as he set them down. "Shut up." He laughed, picking them back up. "Wait." I said putting my hand on his arm. I closed my eyes and focused, soon i felt the familiar spinning dizzy feeling and opened my eyes in front of Malfoy Manor. "Oh my what the-" He gagged and I laughed, shrinking his bags and picking them up. "Oh and before the party tonight, No hate but if you and Harry are gonna hookup, at least let me know so I can distract Lucius." I said winking and shooting a finger gun, cheesily to him. He rolled his eyes as he steadied himself. "Come on." i said walking towards the doors. "Wait-" He stumbled running up and grabbing my hand. "Okay." he smiled, "Ok." I let out a breath and we headed in, the doors opened for us and we nodded to the house elves. "I just stepped in and I'm panicking." I whispered looking up at the magnificent ceilings and all the paintings. I felt something tug my robes and it was a house elf taking it to hang up, they came around and grabbed Dracos too, hanging them up. Now i was just in my uniform. "Master is in his study." the elf said and then walked away. "Come on." Draco said casually, heading up the stairs. I quickly followed, gawking at the beauty of the mansion. "This is my room down here, Mothers is on the opposite side, and Fathers is in the middle.", He said walking into his room, "And yours is the spare between Father and I's" I looked over at him with wide eyes, "Oh dont worry its kept very clean and its real nice." he added walking past me to show me. I didn't care about that, I was more worried about being near Lucius, it was still a hallway down but that wouldn't matter. "And you have your own bathroom and vanity." He smiled opening the doors. I cupped my mouth when I saw the bedroom, the posts were silver with a curtain strung over them on a queen sized bed, emerald green silk sheets and beautiful matching furniture. "Its amazing Draco oh my gosh." I said placing my luggage on the bed and fixing its size." Father will be happy to hear you enjoy it, he designed this one for you. I guess he's accepting us as a couple, Honey." Draco laughed and I rolled my eyes, "Finally." I giggled and went into the bathroom, "Alright I will let you get settled." he said kissing my forehead and walking away. I turned and pulled out my dress, hanging it up in the wardrobe. I placed all my makeup at the vanity in the bathroom, smiling at the gorgeous marble bathroom. I headed back to the bed and put my luggage on the ottomon at the end of the bed. "Ok all settled." I said walking in Dracos room, I stopped when I noticed he wasn't there. "Hes downstairs in the kitchen, Honey." I heard the familiar voice, mocking behind me, "Hello Sir." I smiled walking slowly over to him. "Do I even need to say anything about your outfit, little one?"