chapter 58: planning

I was hanging out in Remus' room after class, talking to him about spring break. "So you think you will spend it with Sirius?" He pinched his brows, "I honestly have no idea, I mean its in almost a week and he hasn't gotten back to me." I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe hes gonna come surprise you, or hes just really busy." He shook his head, "I'm not going to stress about it, I mean we are grown adults, it really doesn't matter." I laughed, "except it does because you guys hardly get time together, and this would be a very big step." He smirked and turned to hide his flushed face, "yes I suppose. What about you? What did you decide?" I shrugged, leaning my head back in my chair, I still wasn't sure, I felt some urge to go home, and I know my mom really wants me to meet Charles before she gets married. However sometimes things with her are chaotic. "I haven't. My mother is very...difficult, and things with her can get very tense very fast. So I still haven't decided." he nodded along, "well you never know when you can see her again before she's married. Marriage changes people." I thought for a moment about what he said and sighed throwing my head back, "UGH fine, ill ask her if I can even come first." He smiled at me and stood to stack some papers he was marking. "Alright Ill see you later, thanks." I smiled and waved and he nodded, "Of course, oh and Y/n" I paused before walking out, "Yeah?" he relaxed his shoulders and stared at me, "Dont say anything to Sirius." I frowned and laughed, "I would never." I winked and left heading back to my dormitory.

I sat down at my desk with a quill and paper determined to write a straightforward letter. And thats what I did, trying to avoid letting my obnoxious tone slip through into the words and signing it with a nice "Love Y/n." All I included was a congratulations and me asking if I, her daughter, could stay at our house for spring break. I didnt expect much of a response, but with her you never know. I folded it and stamped it, walking over to the window. I whistled out and saw Suan fly down from above, "hey there can you take this to my mother please!" She gently took it from my hand and I gave her a few pets before she jumped and flew off. "Ok well that's done now I guess we'll just have to wait."

I spent the rest of my evening getting some chores done, showering, cleaning my room, and planning outfits. I had finished most of the homework I could and got bored. Eventually I just fell asleep on my bed reading. I didn't remember when I fell asleep, but I woke up way past dinner. The sky was black and my roommates were asleep. I let my eyes focus, feeling like I just woke from the dead. It was one of those naps. I looked at my clock and it read two o'clock. "Merlin." I mumbled as I sat up yawning. I quietly got up changing out of my uniform and into my pajama set, putting on my slippers and then my robes over me. Slipping out of the room wand in hand making sure to not wake anyone. The only light in the common room was the fire, it shined into the hall as I opened the door. I have wandered through the school after hours so many times I don't understand how I havent been caught by anyone. Well other than Severus of course. I pondered where to go, I'm sure Severus was still up, but I didnt wanna risk being seen going to his room in the crazy hours. I decided against it and just headed to the astronomy tower like usual. I was breathing a little hard by the time I got up the steps and walked over to the open side, sitting down letting my legs dangle over. I whistled quietly and Susan quickly flew by my side. "You're amazing you know?" She looked at me as if to agree and I smiled. "Do me a favor and just go see if Sev is up? But don't disturb him." She took off and I smiled at her loyalty and level of understanding. I looked up at the stars and moon letting my mind wander. Thinking about Severus and I. I couldn't believe it was already almost spring break. The year would be over soon, and then who knows what would happen. "Ow fuck!" I whispered, feeling my shoulder start to sting. I pulled my robes and shirt down looking at the now familiar veins, I noticed them darken and begin to spread again, "What the fuck theres literally nothing happening why are you flaring up?" I rolled my eyes as I spoke aloud.

"You weren't at dinner." I heard a deep voice state from behind me. I jumped, grabbing my chest and looking over my shoulder. I saw Snape standing there in the dark and he slowly walked closer. "Yes, good observation." I smiled and then saw Susan flying above. "How'd you know I was here?" He scoffed, "Your bird doesn't really blend with her surroundings if you noticed." I frowned, sensing his tone and noticing how he didn't get any closer. I stayed where I was and sighed. "Her name is Susan." he didn't respond for a moment, "Where were you?" he asked and I looked at him confused, "What?" he looked away and sighed, "During dinner Y/n, what were you doing?" I let out a breath to stay calm and smirked, "I was napping." I heard him walk closer and I felt my blood pressure go up a bit, as much as I loved Severus he definitely had some possessive issues, but he was about to get knocked down a few pegs. I felt the sting move over my shoulders. "Well you should have at least told me." I got up not facing him still, "i didn't know I was gonna crash, and even if I did I don't have to tell you everything. Especially since I was still in the same building." I laughed and scoffed. "I just think that-" I turned around to cut him off, "Severus, i'm fully capable of skipping a meal and sleeping in my room, I don't think I need to let yo-" he walked over quickly, pulling my robes and shirt down further, "h-heyyy what are you doing?" I said, swatting his hand a bit, "I'm sorry its just I thought I saw something." I looked down at the now normal to me veins and shrugged. "That's just how they are Severus, you'll get used to it like I did." he shook his head, "Well you shouldn't have to get used to it." I pulled my robes off and unbuttoned my shirt as far as I could without exposing myself. I saw him awkwardly look away and fiddle with his sleeves. "Its so prominent tonight." I saw him look over and walk closer to me, lifting his hand to carefully follow it over my collarbone and down to my elbow. "You must really rile me up ha." I laughed and he glared up at me. "I'm sorry." he apologized with a hint of sadness in his voice. "Hey no, I was just joking, sometimes It just does it randomly." I saw him rest his hand on the side of my arm, looking defeated as he stared at the ever growing disease. I raised my other hand and cupped his cheek making him look at me. "Im serious Severus, its not you." he looked in my eyes and nodded, I stood on my tippy toes and placed a small kiss to his lips. "I just wish I could help you." I nodded my head and smiled, "i know but hey, its not killing me right? So until it does you have nothing to worry about." he gave me a look at my comment and I giggled shivering as I buttoned up my pajama top and he placed my robes back over me. "Thank you Sir." I smiled and he placed a kiss to my forehead. "You better head back to your dormitory, watch out for Filch." He said tucking my hair back. I smiled and nodded, "Thanks, Goodnight." I walked towards the opening and blew him a kiss before apparating to my bedroom.