chapter 67: careless

I didnt know what I was thinking, my adrenaline was rushing through me along with the pain from my curse. And once it brought up my friends and Severus I was prepared to do anything. This thing gave off a frequency I couldnt begin to describe. But it told me it was fully capable of the worst and I feared I was beginning to piece together who i had encountered, and so willingly went away with. Everything happened so fast, one minute I was with Severus, comfortable and happy, and next thing I knew he was being threatened. I felt the familiar nauseous feeling take over from apparition and blinked as I got my balance steady. Looking around the dimly lit room. I glanced over and saw a just as confused Harry, wet and shaking in place. "Harry!" I gasped and he looked over, I ran over to him and gave him a hug, "Whats going on Y/n?" he asked and I shook my head, "I dont know I was just at home and then I saw you and I felt pain spread throughout me." I stumbled out and he nodded, "Yeah I was just at Rons and my scar on my forehead just began to hurt and I saw you and heard this weird voice." I nodded along, "Someone showed up at the house and asked me to come with them." I added and he looked around at the stone walls of the small room. "I was just taken from the house by some creature, Ive never felt like how I did around them." he whispered out with fear in his voice. "What do they want with us?" I pulled out my wand, "Lumos." it lit up the room and I looked around, "I dont know."

Snape POV

Severus stood huffing in the rain, frozen from what he just saw. What happened? She was just there with him. He was just there protecting her, keeping her safe. And now she had disappeared. He swallowed deep, feeling his rage rush through him. He would die before he let another love be lost to this vile man he'd been surrendered to his whole life. He quickly made his way back inside, throwing his wet coat harshly on the table and speeding up the stairs to change. Using as many spells as possible before apparating quickly into Dumbledore's office. He appeared in front of the old mans desk, right while he was in the middle of a conversation with a certain couple of dogs. "Severus, what in heavens is going on?" the old man asked, confused at the sudden intrusion. Snape scowled down at the two men in the chairs before him and took a breath before speaking, not wanting to sound like he was over the moon worried for you, even if he was driving himself mad already with the possible things that could be happening to you every minute he was away. "They took her Albus." Remus quickly looked up at the brooding man, "What? How?" he asked and Severus scoffed at Remus' questioning, "I'm not sure but they must have done something to her because she just...went with him." he said as he remembered the calm and somber look on your face as you disappeared.

"Where?" Albus asked standing and putting on his coat, Severus shook his head, "I-I'm not sure it could be anywhere." He hated that he couldn't do anymore in a matter of seconds. "Well lets gather the order together and spread out to find her." Sirius suggested as he stood up as well as Remus. Suddenly an excessive knocking came from Albus' office door. Albus waved his hand, flinging the door open. A frantic Hermione and Ron came rushing in, "He's gone! They took Harry!" Ron screeched out and Hermione nodded, "It's true, we heard a loud noise and it sounded like he was in pain and then he was just gone." Hermione stammered out with her brows furrowed. Remus and Sirius looked at each other, and then everyone looked at Albus. "Come with us kids." Albus said walking out of the office.

Soon they were all meeting In Sirius' home, all the members of the order talking over each other as more arrived. Severus just sat there dead stare into nothingness, annoyed at the amount of time that was being wasted. Only thinking of you. "Ok ok everyone be quiet." Dumbledore hushed and they all looked over at the man waiting for instructions. "We don't know where Y/n and Harry were taken off to. We have a list of possible locations, I need you to go search each one, group up how you please but get it done fast, if you see anything send this out," he lifted a blue metal ball in his hand, similar to a snitch, and put them in the middle of the table, "We will all go to the place we think they are at and work smart to get in and get them out. Please be careful everyone, and I thank you for the help." he finished and they all nodded, grouping up quickly and apparating off, "Albus I think it's best you stay here." Snape stood whispering to the wise man. He looked at Snape for a moment and understood why the pale man suggested that. "Ok but Severus," he stopped him and Snape looked at him intently, "I don't care what you must do, don't let him take her over." Severus just nodded and walked away from the man, almost everyone had left and Severus saw the two men who he tried to avoid standing there, along with Hermione and Ron. "Severus I think we should go after them together. It's their best chance." Remus said kindly and Sirius nodded in agreement, "I know we have had our differences but they are going to need us the most." Sirius persuaded and Severus just nodded, walking past them, "but you two need to stay here." he said in his deep monotone voice, pointing between the two teens, "Not a chance." Hermione quipped, Severus stared down at her and she didnt budge, "They are our friends, we are going to help save them." She added and stared back at Snape. Hermione was not afraid of the man like her first year self was, she had grown past it and now was going to fight anyone to save you guys, she was a true Gryffindor with the ambition of a Slytherin and logic of a Ravenclaw. Snape respected her for this and just continued towards the door. The rest following behind him.

Y/n POV

Harry and I walked around the room, investigating everything we could. "Im sure everyone wi-" I was cut off by the door opening and death eaters coming in, they grabbed me by the arms, "hey no stop!" I yelled and pushed them off, "leave her alone!" Harry yelled, lunging after me, one of the masked men coming behind him and holding him back while the other two dragged me out of the room into the hallway. I heard Harry yell after me as the door shut and I kicked at the tall men taking me away. "What do you want!?" I growled as they just ignored me, I looked around at the high stone walls, dimly lit with torches on the walls, passing door after door along the hall. I looked over at one of them, reaching to grab their mask off, to which they just tightened their grip on my arm, surely leaving a bruise. I watched as they approached large heavy doors that went to the ceiling, they opened slowly and the men dragged me into the large open room, tossing me down on the floor, "Easy gentlemen, I would like her in one piece." I heard an all too familiar voice chirp from the shadows. I felt my insides churn and my flesh began to sting, I had heard stories of this man and that was all I had hoped to learn about him. I winced as I stood and pushed past the pain spreading across my body, glancing down at the black streaks spreading down my arms.

I saw the hooded man appear from the darkness and let out a shaky breath, he made his way to the chair that sat up on a platform in the center of the room. Sitting down gently and slowly removing his hood. I felt my breath stop when I locked eyes with the cursed man. His icy blue eyes meeting mine with a devilish grin cast upon his face. "Y/n, we meet at last. Its long overdue." I didn't tear my gaze from the man and just stayed staring him down. "It would have been sooner but you kept slipping away, you're a tough one i've heard. I respect that." he smiled and I just stayed quiet. "I began to worry It would be awhile before we got you in a less busy setting. Still I haven't been able to figure out what you were doing there?" I just looked away and swallowed hard, the only thing keeping me from doubling over in pain from the heat rushing through the veins was the thought of looking weak in front of him. "What do you want with Harry and I?" I asked ignoring his question. He stood up and walked closer, I winced as the pain on my neck and arms grew stronger, I had caught on that it grew worse as he got nearer. I backed away and he tilted his head, "What is it? In a bit of pain?" he looked over my arms and I nodded, "Its because of you." I seethed at him and he just smiled, "Oh come on I can't take all the credit." he laughed and I just shook my head, "What did you do to me? And why me?" I asked confidently as I tried to keep my distance. "Well i think you know the answer to the first part of your question." he quipped in response and I furrowed my brows, yes I knew what curse had been put upon me but I didn't know for sure what it was, to what extent and if it was accurately done. And even then how would he know? "Or at least that's what my little spy told me, you know him right?" he said and soon Hera flew over from the dark corner, shapeshifting into a horrendous man. I couldn't believe what i had just seen, my bird this whole time was one of the Dark lords henchmen. I felt nauseous at the revelation and looked down. "You have so much resilience Y/n. I needed someone vulnerable but strong, a good manipulator who wasn't easily persuaded." I watched as the man beside him was dismissed, "Send him in." Voldemort spoke to the lean man and he nodded as he exited. "But there's plenty of people like me, what makes me special?" he just smiled, biting his nail, "So much that you don't even realize. The trauma and loss you and Harry experienced makes you stand out." I still didnt understand why he picked me, there were far more kids at the school that had been through more than I had. I felt my heart race as the doors opened.

Soon I felt as if the whole building was collapsing. The rubbish squashing me down and suffocating me as a man came up to stand beside the dark lord. Voldemort sat and watched in amusement at my reaction. "I cant believe this.'' I mumbled and shook my head. "You pathetic piece of shit!" I yelled at the man across the room, he stood in silence with an unwavering look on his face. "Quincy, why don't you explain to your daughter what our little plan is." the evil man quipped, sitting down and watching everything unfold. "Well we start-" I put a hand up to stop him, "No I dont wanna hear it from you." i said glaring at the man I despised so much, the one who 'raised' me and had taken away my other half. Who tortured my family and never gave a shit. "I want to hear it from the one and only." I said pointing towards the gray snake-like man. He looked at me surprised and then looked over at my Father, "Well if you insist." He waved his hand and smiled, "Please have a seat, you may want to before I start from the beginning." I turned and saw he had summoned a chair behind me. I hesitantly sat down and looked away from my father, staring into Voldemort's chilling eyes. 

A/n  I don't remember what this was from

Y/n: "I want to try something."

Snape: "What are you trying, other than my patience?"