6. Chapter six

Taking a step outside I soon began to realize it was not what I expected. It then dawned on me that I was likely in a maid's quarter as it was completely filled with women wearing their maid uniforms.

What I also recognized was that there were about twenty maids and the room was filled with the same colored doors which I would say were their bedrooms.

The place was also a bit small but not claustrophobic small, it was comfortable. It was not shabby or mistreated or disgusting for that matter but nice.

They were all busy having their breakfast and chit-chatting away. It would be very rude of me to interrupt them or I was rather not confident enough to approach them so I decided to take a look around instead.

How can they eat so comfortable knowing well that they were serving monsters and why would they need so many maids it was baffling to me.

Maybe they were being held against their own will or their families would be harmed but either way I was getting out of here by any means necessary.

I just needed to get familiar with the place to see if I'm able to escape. This could also be a sign that I should not die.

I came to a section with two very peculiar large red doors and I myself wondered what was behind those doors. Taking slow steps towards it I lifted my hands ready to push it open but was cut off by a female voice.

"You are not permitted beyond those doors" Greta the maids said catching me off guard.

I was clearly frightened by her sudden appearance.

"Sorry I wasn't aware of this."

She just stood looking at me with a neutral face. The only thing that ran through my mind as she stood there looking at me was if I did something gravely wrong and was going to be punished once again.

"I'll show you around come this way," she said to me.

"Ok"

"Everywhere in here is classified as the maid's headquarters," she said.

"So, am I a maid?" I questioned.

"No, you're a prisoner here."

"But the door was opened so I assumed I was no longer a prisoner," I said to her.

"Our boss thinks it would be best if you weren't locked up inside the room 24/7."

"I wonder what changed his cold wretched heart" I mumbled to myself.

"Why do you work for them is he holding you hostage against your will" Well of course they are, no one would ever work for these crooks.

"I believe that's none of your business."

"In here we have the kitchen as you can see" She pointed out.

Then she went on to introduce me to all of the maids that sat at the table eating breakfast. I was given deadly glares from some, smiles from a few, and not even a glimpse from the rest.

Greta then took me to another section where the maids had their rooms and other essential necessities. I was then brought to the living room and the washroom.

"What is this place by the way?" I questioned. It didn't seem like a regular house to me. A regular house doesn't need a maid's quarter with so many maids.

"That's a question you should direct at the boss and not at me. I'd like to keep my job here," She responded.

"Are you kidding me, why would anyone want to keep a job here against their own will with those bastards," I voiced my opinion, she seemed to be brainwashed.

"Both of our experiences here are different. You might be a prisoner here but not for us. So don't make assumptions for us that you do not know about" She warned.

"Sorry," I apologized.

And that was the end of our conversation together. Maybe it was best I keep my mouth shut for the time being until I can escape from here and get the police to investigate.

Based on my experience, here was definitely not a good place for anyone. As I remember I was first in a cell that held other human beings and I was tortured for no reason at all.

"I see you've decided to take a look around," Sergio's voice rang behind me.

I had no reason to talk to him. He was brutal and a heartless maniac. So instead of responding to him. I choose to head back to my room, but I was unsuccessful in doing so as he stepped before me.

"After giving you the freedom to walk around as you please, you've still decided not to talk to me?" He questioned.

"Freedom? After weeks of countless torture and almost ending my life multiple times you call this freedom?"

"Freedom is letting me go freely away from you and this place" I spoke.

"No one has ever infiltrated this place and remained alive after. You're lucky to even walk freely around this place. My brother would've killed you if I hadn't intervened and as I said before Lydia the only way you're getting out of here is if your dead."

"I'd also watch that tone of yours when you're speaking to me, you should be thankful and not ungrateful," He finished.

"Now to get on with business I'm sure your maid has explained to you that you've been invited to have dinner with us?"

"I'm not going."

"It wasn't a question, Lydia. I expect you to be there without a fuss, you should be a little grateful not even the maids get to have dinner with us."

Does he expect me to forget everything he did to me and be grateful that he spared my life? It bewildered me how went from a bad guy to a good guy overnight.

"Why do you keep calling me Lydia?"

"It's obviously for the fact that you have no idea what your name is or would you rather not go by a name any at all?"

"Why the sudden change?" I questioned further.

"Why so many question? Don't take my mercy towards you for kindness Lydia your still here as a prisoner only."

"Then why do I need to go to your dinner, I'd rather stay behind those prison doors as before?"

"I'll meet you at dinner tonight and don't be late." Sergio strictly said then walked away.

I had a terrifying feeling in the pit of my stomach that he was up to something. Something extremely bad.

....................

Another chapter here everyone!

Let me know what you think in the comment section down below and don't forget to vote!