31. Chapter thirty-one.

Lili's POV

"Amato, we need to leave this instant," I anxiously told him the moment he came into my room dressed to perfection and I would've swooned over him, but this was not the time.

"Lili we can't just leave, have you no idea what your father and Valentino is capable of? They'll kill us the moment they catch us,"

"And they'll kill us if we stay, I cannot get married to Valentino, if that happens then I'm afraid I'll never get to be with you again, I'll be doing him this favor," I explained to him.

This baby just made everything complicated and I'm sure for a fact that this was not Valentino's baby.

"If I know my parents which I do then they will somehow find out about my affair with you which clearly Valentino's aware of and they'll have you executed then they'll have me do a DNA test on the baby and if it's not Valentino's they'll kill it and pretend everything's fine," I was terrified of what would happen.

"I know but rushing things will surely have us killed. I was able to find out a few things we need to escape for one there's an exit door down where they keep the prisoners here. I just need to do a few more things. It'll be before the wedding, now is just not a good time," He carried on further.

"Well, we have to do something now, there's no more time for thinking about this plus what will happen if he finds out that this baby is not his but yours!" I whisper yelled at him.

"Well what do you think we should do Lili? Try to run away with you while there's double the amount of guards on guard at the moment and have them hot on our heels knowing we just escaped? Valentino won't find out if you don't say anything so just wait a day or two,"

"Lili, you have to go to that family dinner and pretend everything's fine then we'll plan something. We'll run away when there not looking," He responded, and I could tell he was getting agitated.

"But what if he knows that I'm pregnant? Valentino won't hesitate to tell my parents of this, it could change everything tonight and let's not forget Valentino's no fool Amato," I advised him.

"I swear we'll get out of here alive, and I'll save our baby from anyone who wants to harm her or him" He swore.

"You promise?" I asked for his reassurance.

"I promise," I took his words.

"You look beautiful in that dress of yours," He admired as I wore a long slender V-neck red dress, the color he loved the most.

"I wore it just for you," I whispered lovingly kissing him.

Everything I did was for him.

A few seconds later of getting use to kissing Amato I immediately exited his room to head to the dining hall where my family was currently situated.

It was the most horrifying sight seeing my parents sitting at the dining table with fake smiles plastered on there faces to greet me.

"Hello Lili how are you?" My Mom questioned raising from her chair to greet me along with my dad.

"I hope you've been taking great care of your fiancé," My Dad uttered before I had a chance to say a thing.

His smile as broad as daylight but I could see right through it, it was a deadly warning telling me that his words better be right. He didn't even care about my wellbeing.

"Of course she has, haven't you Lili?" Valentino showed up to my side pulling me along his waist.

"Yes," I simple replied with a fake smile of my own before taking a seat next to him at the table.

Sergio being Valentino's brother should've been at dinner but stated he would be carrying out business this night which was a blatant lie not to be in the presence of my parents.

Socializing was not his or Valentino's expertise and I could just tell Valentino was boiling inside knowing there's more important things he could be doing right this instant than having a nice get together.

"So what brings the two of you here?" Valentino immediately and impatiently asked getting straight to the point which was my initial though exactly.

"Since we're all so eager to get straight to the point I've decided that I wanted to stay the entire time leading up to the wedding to ensure everything runs smoothly. Just to make sure that there's no pre wedding jitters from my daughter," My Mom explained shocking me.

This could not be happening. I thought they were just going to come for the wedding day?!

"Are you serious?!" I stood up but quickly sat back down after realizing my little outburst.

"Yes, do you have a problem child?" My Mom asked now with a forced smile.

"N-no it's fine," Fuck.

"And I expect that your father Mr. Bianchi should be on his way Valentino? It should be a grand occasion after all with all alliance being present at the wedding to see our family's mutual alliance being carried on for generations to come," My father added.

"My parents are away on their anniversary, it's not a certainty that they'll be here but I'm sure they'll send their best regards when the time comes," Valentino addressed them.

Valentino didn't like anyone speaking to him as if he were a child especially if it wasn't his parents.

As the maid placed the food down before me I was suddenly feeling nauseated with the smell of fish at the table.

"What's wrong darling? You seem to be upset?" My mom spoke up after seeing my reaction to the food.

"It's nothing," I quickly assured her glancing at Amato who was already staring at me in a worried state.

"Are you sure? I remember being this upset whenever I saw or smelt fish during my pregnancy with you," She added smiling at me.

"I'm not upset, and I said I'm fine," I shot down taking a drink at the wine, maybe this will make my stomach feel better.

"If you say so," She spoke gleefully smiling at Valentino as if knowing for a fact that I am pregnant.

I sat at the table for the rest of the night hearing my parents uncaring thoughts towards me. I wondered how long they had planned to continue dinner for.

I was starting to get dizzy and nauseated at the same time. I had thought this night would be unfortunately long but hearing shots being fired upstairs proved me wrong.

Everyone stood alert pulling out their guns when I was suddenly pulled off my chair and pulled behind Amato for protection.

"Lili stay behind me," He warned which I did as told fearing for what is now happening and what is going to happen next.

"Valentino!" I heard a guard yelled.

I peeked around Amato seeing Val hurriedly going up the stairs pushing past all the security guards that stood on standby. He looked pretty pissed along with anxious.

"What do you think happened?" I whispered worriedly to Amato after minutes without hearing a thing even though I knew that was a silly question to ask because obviously he'd know nothing about it.

But not a single second later we heard another gunshot resounded. I gripped the back of Amato timidly afraid of hearing those horrifying sounds.

"I'm not sure but stay alert and stay behind me," He responded pointing his gun on target into the direction Val and the guards had gone.

But then a few seconds later I gasped in horror at the sight before me, I watched in horror as Val rushed with a lifeless Lydia in his hand.