9. Chapter nine.

"Your free to leave this room but I think it'll be best you stick around me for the time being," Sergio's voice said from behind startling me.

There's no way I'd leave this room to face that monster that's outside who cares too much about ending my life. I just got a chance to live and maybe a chance to escape.

"I'd rather stay inside this room until he's gone," I told him truthfully.

"Are you that scared of the man, what about me, aren't you scared to be in the same room as me?"

"I'm scared of all of you but I'm more scared of him, he's more ruthless than you" My blood ran cold just thinking about his torture sessions.

"Once he's finally gotten over the fact that you're alive, you should be fine, I'll be here for a few more weeks. He won't cross the line and go against my back while I'm here"

His words were proven to be a bit calming but never the less, I was still scared and would no doubt keep my precautions. I was also doubtful for the fact that Sergio wanted to save my life instead of killing me.

My wounds had been almost healed and I was able to get back some of the color in my skin as I had been pale to the point I looked like a zombie.

"Do you need anything?" I almost forgot Sergio was standing inside the room.

"No, I'm fine for the time being" I told him.

"If you need anything just let the guards outside know. I'll be in my office doing business" He explained then left my room.

At least I had the freedom to what I please. It was boring staying in this room by myself with nothing to do. So I decided to roam around a little.

"What are your names?" I questioned both the bodyguards who stood outside my door. I was bound to know them sooner or later.

The smallest of the two cleared his throat and then spoke.

"My name's Amato and this is Dave" He responded and the taller one hit him in the back of his head.

"Did the boss give you permission to speak to the girl?" He scolded him with a menacing glare.

"But how can we guard her and not be able to speak to her?" The shorter one inquired.

"Your first day on the job and your already failing poorly" They both continued to bicker before me.

"I'm sure she's not a prisoner here, if she was then she would be in the dungeon" Amato countered back.

Amato seemed more of a playful and friendly type of teenager that should be in school. He was quite skinny and I guess liked to smile a lot while on the other hand, Dave seemed like he was a disciple of his boss Sergio, his fierce yet sharp-looking demeanor seemed like someone, you would not like to mess with.

"Could you take me to the kitchen?" I turned to Amato and asked.

"If you need anything from the kitchen, we can get one of the maids here to take care of it for you" Dave quickly responded.

"And why am I not able to go to the kitchen?" I questioned.

"Of course you can go to the kitchen, there's no rule here stating you cannot go the kitchen" Amato glared at Dave.

"Are you stupid, what if her main reason is to burn down the entire house so that she can escape, what would you explain to the boss if that happened?"

What a perfect idea, why didn't I think of that myself?!

"You're overreacting I'm sure she knows she can't escape from here without dying, even if she burned this entire house down which is impossible because there are so much fire sprinklers and smoke detectors inside that kitchen and house, not to mention fire extinguishers" Amato did not stop there from demolishing my dream but also went on to say more.

"Plus there are so many guards outside this house and at the main gate, she'd be shot dead the moment she steps foot outside this building, another thing also is I'm sure she's met Valentino and Sergio's-"I didn't need to hear more.

I now knew I had no means of escaping. I was now depressed and decided to walk away from their constant bickering. I would look for the kitchen myself.

"Wait?!" I heard Amato yell for me.

"Sergio had said that I was allowed outside, so there should be no reason for you to be stopping me from entering inside that kitchen," I said to them both.

"Just let me confirm this with my boss first" Dave replied pulling out his phone, then spoke to someone.

"Let me show you the way" Dave lead the way after ending the call.

"I haven't gotten your name?" Amato questioned me smiling cheekily.

"You can just call me Lydia," I told him turning back my direction to a fast-paced walking Dave.

I was able to move freely around but with both body-guards following which I preferred this way thankfully, my only hope now is to not collide into that monster.

"Does the monstrous-looking guy normally comes around this section of the house?" I questioned Amato lowly not wanting Dave to hear.

"What monstrous-looking guy, there's quite a lot here so you'd have to be a bit more specific?"

"You know he's another boss, he's very thick and full of tattoos, he's also a bit handsome?" I said but then I remembered Sergio saying his brother.

"I think he's Sergio's brother?" I whispered to him.

"Ahh yes, Valentino doesn't normally come around this section of the house, it would normally be Sergio who visits his brother at his main quarters" Amato responded eyeing me mischievously.

He was certainly different compared to the other guards that I've met here.

"What?" I frowned.

"So you do have a thing for Valentino don't you?" He wiggled his eyebrows up and down smirking.

"Of course not!"

"Here is the kitchen" Dave interrupted clearing his throat.

I got into the kitchen which had no maid and was quite clean. If I was going to stay here for a long, long time until they decided what to do to me the least I can do is find something useful to do.

"What type of snacks do you guys like?" I questioned both, maybe I could test my cooking skills I thought but they looked at me with the expression as if to say I may be mad.

"Are you trying to poison us?" Amato questioned me curiously.

"Why would I poison you guys, I'm not a murderer and I will never be one" I glared.

"Then are you trying to poison yourself so you can try to escape or are you just trying to kill yourself because your not allowed to leave?" Amato questioned me again.

"Fine, I'll just prepare a snack for myself since you guys are so paranoid about me killing you" I scowled looking for the bread.

"Interesting, trying to poison yourself I see" A voice that was neither Amato nor Dave said from behind me.

.......................

Hi everyone!

Another chapter here for you all! I hoped you all enjoyed it.

Remember to vote and comment on what you think down below!