11. Chapter Eleven

Frozen in place and staring at the dangerous man before me seemed like a lifetime. His menacing glare, arched eyebrows and gritting teeth was the only way to describe him. I didn't know whether to run or hide.

"Val, who is this?" The female questioned that clung to the side of his hand.

I wasn't even able to peer my eyes away to look at the girl who had just asked that question.

I then felt two hands on the sides of my hands. Valentino's eyes quickly snapped to the direction of this as I was being pulled away by none other than my body guards.

I still felt frozen out of fear as I was pushed to the kitchen where I was before, sighing in relief afterwards.

Memories still flash of him cutting me menacingly while laughing it off as if it was nothing. He was on another level of evil. He gave me the chills and not in a good way. I thought he was going to kill me.

"Lydia?"

"I think she's gone crazy," I could hear Amato say.

"Let me go for a cup of water, maybe she'll come back to reality if we splash her with some" Dave said and I gave him a daring eye.

"She's back" He stated.

"I-I will like to go back to my room now" I rushed into the house and into the direction of my room ignoring Amato and Dave shouting for me to stop.

I needed to stay away from him and I don't think being outside my room is safe enough. A tear slipped from my eyes remembering what I've been through, a few minutes later the door flew open, spiking my heart rate.

It was Sergio which did little to calm me as memory of him flashed before me, he stood behind Valentino as he torture me.

"Who told you to leave this house?" He said to me, I did not respond.

"I expect an answer whenever I ask you a question" He said once again to which I did not respond or look at him.

"I-I didn't think there was anything wrong with visiting the garden outside. I especially didn't think someone like him would be out roaming a garden"

"You do realize that if you had been attacked outside, there would've been no way for me to protect you" He further stated to me.

"I don't understand, why don't you guys just bag my head and leave me somewhere far from here. I don't want to constantly fearing for my life"

"You would rather be out in the streets surrounded by the ones who sent you to us, naked in a box. The ones who have managed to erase your mind without you knowing a thing?" He asked.

What he was saying did make a lot of sense but I just wanted to live in peace.

"How long do you plan on keeping me here until you decide to kill me?"

So far they had no reason to keep me alive, so why protect me instead.

"Until I can try to find out a bit more information about you"

"And then?"

"Then I'll know whether to kill you or not" He responded.

I didn't expect anything better from any of them.

"In the meantime our doctor is here to do a thorough check up"

"And where will he be taking me?"

"He's set up an operation room downstairs so there's no need for you to leave. Come with me" He got up and walked off.

I hope this isn't the last day I have to live, after seeing the sun for such a short while I've decided not to give up but rather give it a second try at living.

I followed in pursuit downstairs where there stood a doctor in what seemed to look like an operational room.

Looking at the doctor I could definitely tell he was more of a nerdy type, his curly brown short hair, spectacles resting on his nose and his weird stance let me know of all this.

He didn't seem like the type of person who would mess around with these criminals.

Placing me on the bed, I was asked a few questions and all included the answers I didn't know.

I was sedated after much objection and fighting. I was met with a black as my body went null.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Valentino's Pov

"I've done multiple tests on the girl and I was able to get a few results" Doctor Carlos advises.

Placing a few diagrams on the table of her brain to her entire body, I motioned him to continue.

"Severe interrogation techniques like waterboarding, sleep deprivation, stress positions and the exploitation of phobias were used on the girl intentionally to somehow forget her memory. She does indeed have forgotten most information" He said.

"She was tortured to forget her memory?"

"Yes, based upon the bruises, scars and brain scanning and a few more tests, she's been tortured for months, also there's no type of tracking or incendiary device as you've presumed inside her" He added.

Her tortures has only been a week and days, but this declaration would mean, the girl is of no threat but the bigger question was. Who was behind this and why was she sent to her.

"Is there any way the girl will be able to recall her previous memories?" I asked, maybe we could somehow get the information needed.

"Unfortunately no, the girl will only be able to slowly remember her past when coming in contact with things familiar from the past. It may take a few week, months or even years before she remembers anything"

"Based on the tests done, she was tortured to forget things they didn't want her to remember and not on everything. She may show signs of trauma, shock, sudden changes and she might even faint. This is how you will tell if she remembers something. I'm afraid further torturing her will not help her recover her memories"

"Is there anything else we need to know Carlos?" Sergio questioned.

"Yes, I'm not sure what you intend on doing with the girl but if you do decide to keep her alive. I think it is best I do a weekly check on her just to ensure she's not going through any post traumatic syndrome, PTSD"

"Thank you doctor, I'll reach out to you if we may need any further assistance" Sergio showed him out the door.

"We almost killed an innocent girl" Sergio voiced, I knew he wanted to say you instead of we.

"What else did you suggest we do, let her go free or keep her here as if it was nothing. That's what I was taught to do Sergio, I was taught to kill" I questioned him.

"Until we're able to get solid information on the girl I suggest you try to keep a level head whenever you see her" He suggested.

"Sergio if I didn't know any better, I'd say you have feelings for the girl, going as far as to name her Lydia"

"Then what do you suggest I do with the girl then? Give her to you, after all she's your type isn't it? I've noticed the way you look at her when she's not looking" He smirked.

"You know me so well brother but I have no intentions of being with the girl"

"You're already infatuated with the girl you've tortured, I can see it, but remember the contract you've signed Val. It cannot be broken"

*****************

It's been such a long time since I've posted, sorry for the long wait!

I hope you like it💞

Remember to vote!