44. Chapter Forty-Four.

"Valentino?" I shouted out his name but got no answer. His side of the bed was completely cold and untouched as if no one had been there.

I got up off the bed grimacing in pain but pulled myself together in search for the one that my heart was blossoming for.

Unfortunately, Valentino was nowhere in sight letting me frown and wonder where he could be. I searched the entire bungalow, but he was still nowhere to be seen.

I was starting to get anxious after remembering our little conversation last night and how hurt he'd looked.

"Hi, have you seen a handsome Italian looking man filled with tattoos, thick black hair, ocean blue eyes and a very thick figure around here somewhere?" I asked one of the staff at the resort that was passing by after opening the room door.

"Yes, I did actually. He left a few hours ago on a private jet." She spoke sending my heart to shudder terribly.

"Are you sure?" I questioned unable to believe what she was saying.

"Yes, I'm absolutely sure, Mr. swoon worthy with sun kissed skin and an accent to die for? Yes. You two were together yesterday at the bar. I don't think I can forget a face like that." She recalled of him.

And I would've gotten angry at her for even thinking of Valentino in that way but now was not the time.

"Yes, that's him but did you see him leave a message? Maybe stating when he'll be back?" I asked her hopefully.

"No, he hadn't, I'm sorry." She responded before walking away with a pitied look on her face.

I headed back to our room opening the closet to find Valentino's clothes missing proving what the girl said to be true.

My heart fell at the realization that Valentino would never come back for me again and last night would be the last I'd ever get to see him again. I spotted a duffle bag that was not there before.

I immediately pulled out the bag and opened it curiously wanting to know what was inside of it. Hopefully something with a note that stated when he'd be back.

But surprisedly what I saw the bag held tuns of cash, about twenty stacks of hundred-dollar bills alongside a passport that had my name and picture on it as Lydia Rodriguez and a few Visas.

A new Identity?

Upon further searching the bag I found a bank account with my information and code which held a million dollars in it and even more documents.

A billion dollars wouldn't even make me feel any better to how terribly I was feeling inside.

In the bag was a small note that read;

"I'm giving you what you've always wanted and deserved Emelia. A chance to be free from the mafia world and never look back. Once you leave from here, you'll have nothing to do with my Mafia or your father's. You will no longer be in contact, and you can live peacefully wherever you want without any contact from me or anyone that has connection with the Mafia world. I've already taken care of everything you may need which is currently in the duffle bag. You won't have a problem being verified by any organizations or authorities." The note read.

Realization then dawned on me. Valentino had given me exactly what I had wanted, to be free from the Mafia world. I was finally free but yet still I was feeling distraught. It was clear he had tested me to see if I wanted to be with him or not.

The taste of bittersweet too much to handle and I fell to the floor crying tears of joy and sadness. The overwhelming feeling too much to fathom.

I felt my heart tore apart as another reality struck. I was madly love with him. I had fallen inexplicably love with Valentino. The man I had once claimed to hate. How could I be this stupid?

In that moment I wondered what would've happened if I had given Valentino a different answer before. Would he have stayed? Would he have continued being nice towards me? Or did I make the right decision? Or would it never had mattered.

It was also clear he didn't want me to reach out to him as there was no way of contacting him. Valentino had no contact for me either. This trip wasn't for vacation but for giving me what I wanted. For getting rid of me.

I screamed out in frustration hoping to make the feeling go away as I cried my eyes out. Seconds had passed then minutes passed then an hour had passed of laying on the ground my mind, body and soul was still the same. Empty.

It was then that I decided to get up off the floor thinking that I should be happy. Maybe it was all for the best. This was what I wanted after all, to be far away from the mafia world. If I had stayed with Valentino I'd be in more danger.

Even though I wished for the best I still stayed the entire day lying in bed and hoping, just hoping that Valentino would come back. My stomach felt full even though it grumbled with hopes of being filled.

The empty and cold bed a remnant of our love.

Once I finally realized that Valentino wasn't coming back the next day, I packed my things and headed to the door.

I took one look back at the bed that we had shared before shutting the door behind me to finally be on my way and be free. I didn't know the first step of what to do but I'm sure everything will work out for the best.

I inhaled the cool breeze thinking of my next destination. I randomly picked out a visa from my duffle bag that had the Bahamas on it. So, I guess Bahamas was my destination after all.

I then remembered the time that I had told Valentino to change my identification and ship me off to an island. He was fulfilling my dreams after all. I smiled trying to think of the bright side of things.

It was a bittersweet moment for me as I stared at the sun, making my way to my new life, unbeknownst to me there was now a growing fetus imbedded in the pit of my stomach.

                    ••••THE END••••

I know I know you guys have been asking for a happily ever after for the two but I just could not picture it. This was the ending I pictured in mind for such a long time.😭😭😭

I just want to thank all of you who have helped me to push through and finish this book. It means so much to me, thank you and thank you so much for a 100k reads, this is such a beautiful milestone for me!!!❤️❤️❤️

Will there be a book two? Just maybe, stay tuned in and see😚❤️