8. Chapter eight.

Sergio's pov

I was almost beginning to believe every word this girl was saying. She was telling the truth, but I needed to at least confirm it with a couple of our alliances first to see if I was accurately right and see what they thought of the matter.

My brother Valentino was about to arrive tomorrow and no doubt he'll be pissed that the girl is still alive and not dead.

Our family might be dangerous but we've never taken an innocent life before. It was something that we sore an oath against and although she might be able to regain her memory, it still wouldn't mean that she's innocent but until she regains her memories it makes no sense to have her killed.

I just need to find a way to convince my younger brother of this. Another thing was that she reminds me so much of my daughter that I once lost, it makes it even more difficult to have her killed.

I took her up into my arms and brought her into my headquarters where she would be safer from my brother while I can convince him in having her live. I made sure to assign two guards to guard the guest room where she stayed.

"Let me know when she's awake, she cannot leave this room at no means possible," I strictly told the guards then headed to my room which was a few feet away. I needed to do some more work.

The next morning.......................

"Sergio the girl's awake and Valentino has called to confirm he'll be arriving in less than half an hour," Dave explained to me.

I made my way to her room without knocking I opened the door as she sat up on the bed.

"What the hell did you do to me after I went to the dinner last night?" She quickly stood up to question me.

"Do you often forget your memories after blocking out?" I questioned.

"I remember you had me seated with a lot of guys and I also do remember that during that dinner I fainted but that's it, I want to know what the hell happened and why am I also in this room, did you guys take advantage of me?!" Her hands were now around my shirt pulling and shoving me for a response.

If it was yesterday, I would've already shot her in the head, she quickly let go of my shirt after taking heed of my deadly glare. She was very daring today but then again when is she never.

She looked as if she was on the verge of crying.

"Relax nothing happened to you, after passing out I brought you here myself," I told her.

"But why did you bring me here," She questioned again.

"My brother will be arriving any moment now and If he sees that you're not dead, without a doubt he would surely kill you, you'll be safe here," I watched her expression as she turned pale from my response.

"Y-you m-mean that monster is h-here?" She stuttered.

"Yes, so I suggest you be obedient, that is if you'd like to live," I told her.

"So you've changed your mind about sending me to my grave?"

"I just haven't decided what I'll do with you yet," I told her the truth.

"So you're going to keep me here as a poppet to toy with as you please?" She glared at me.

"It's either this or be killed" I explained.

"As long as I'm not being violated in any way possible," 

"I don't think you're in any position to be making any demands here I could always kill you in a blink of an eye," I explained once again.

I wasn't given a response after letting her know so I continued to provide her with more information.

"There are guards outside this door for your safety. If you need anything you could let them know. You're in my headquarters so your less likely of being killed by my brother if you stay in this room, and for the last time it makes absolutely no sense you try to escape"

"Meals will be provided to you, I will let you know when I've managed to get my brother to think rational," I finished leaving the room.

"I have just received confirmation that Valentino has arrived sir," Dave urged as I exit her room.

I made my way to the main hall to greet my brother and just as suspected, he was eating as if he hadn't eaten in a few decades. He'd always eat less when he was out as he trusted no one. Not even to stop at a restaurant for a quick snack or pickup.

"You've managed to complete your business meeting in less than a month, congratulations," I greeted him.

"It's not as if it's the first time I've done it, you already know I like to get down to business," Was his response.

"I have heard you've been very busy with what I've ordered you to kill on many occasions, I sure hope you've completed what I asked."

Valentino might be younger than me and was the head of the family business, but I was equal partner. Our father had handed him the business over me because of our mothers. He loved his mother dearly than my mother because after she had passed way, the love he once had for my mother faded away with time.

We vowed to fulfilling what our father had asked of us before which was to destroy the Morano's. We trusted each other the most but he knew nothing but pain growing up as that was what our father taught him growing up, that's why he's more ruthless than me but his heart was still kind.

"I'm not able to kill an innocent as I've sworn an oath not to kill an innocent Val,"

"And how do you know if that girl's innocent Sergio, remember she's the one that ruined our plan?"

"I'm sure she did not intentionally ruin our plan in her unconscious state,"

"What's the meaning of keeping her alive, what do you plan on getting out of this or do you plan on keeping her as one of your concubines?" He gave me a smug look.

"Have you forgotten we had sworn an oath not to kill once person is suspected to be innocent, we haven't had a clear lead if she's guilty of committing any crime."

"So, what do you plan on doing with the girl then."

"I'm sure I'll find something useful for her." I replied to his questions.

"Fine as you wish Sergio, just keep her out of my fucking way," With that, he angrily got up from the table and stormed off into the direction of his office.

I wasn't certain that he would've taken the news this smoothly but just for the time being still I think the girl should stay in my sight just for precaution until Valentino is able to blow off some steam about the situation.

...............

Hi everyone!

Another chapter here for you all! I hoped you all enjoyed it.

Remember to vote and comment on what you think down below!