25. Chapter twenty-five.

"What the hell is going on here?" Lili was the first to break the deadly silence, her facial expression showed she was not too pleased about what happened.

"I have a confession to make," Amato responded to her and I was a hundred percent sure this was not something I wanted to hear or something they want to hear either.

"Amato, you need to think this through before you utter something that'll both get us killed," I advised him.

Not a second later Valentino left telling Amato to follow him before he could say another word. Sergio went away without saying a word leaving just me and Lili in the room, thank god it did not blow up as I had expected it would.

But I still wasn't out of danger just yet.

"What the hell was that about Lydia?" She questioned aggressively once again folding her hands together while waiting for an explanation.

"I don't know, Amato just kissed me and confessed that he liked me. It wasn't something I was expecting, Amato's never showed that he's ever liked me before," I told her, hopefully I wasn't in trouble for something I had no control of.

"Well?" She questioned.

"Well what?" I asked.

"How do you feel about his confession? How do you feel about him? Do you like him?" She inquired.

"I've never really thought of Amato in that way before and I'd rather not either, I'm not necessarily a guest here and I don't think Valentino or Sergio would be comfortable with me fraternizing with any of their men," I explained.

"Good, never you dare get involved with anyone you're not supposed to and if you ever cross that line there will be dire consequences for you and I won't be able to stop that from happening, and remember, you're not off the hook," She aggressively spoke glaring at me.

I hadn't expected that from Lili, she was angry for reasons that was unclear to me. I was no longer in the mood and certainly didn't feel like talking to her or anyone for that matter. I wasn't the one who initiated the kiss. So I immediately walked away and headed back to my room.

I wonder what she'd do if she was to find out that her fiance was having an affair with me, dear lord. I needed to stay as far away from Valentino, Amato and Lili.

I locked myself into my room hoping no one would come barging in.

This was the exact reason why I needed to leave, even though I was free to roam around as I choose I was still only a prisoner amongst there midst and one wrong move could get me killed. I was like a poppet they played with.

I wanted to be free for once and be able to do whatever I pleased.

For the entire night I stayed up in bed and no one bothered to knock on my door which I was absolutely grateful for, I fell asleep once again not bothering to head to the kitchen to eat.

"Here you go," Romano handed me a plate with food, filled with eggs, pancakes, bacons, sausages, fruits and apple juice.

"You look so much like your mother," he said to me.

"Why can't you just have me released instead of torturing me? And if you're not going to let me go just kill me already!" I yelled of frustration, maybe this would get me killed and I'd be free.

"It's easier said than done Emelia. I can never kill you by my hands or have my men do it, I'd fail your mother and I certainly cannot let you go freely, your worth millions in the wrong hands,"

"No one knows that I was even born, you've given others a chance to live and be free with new identities, but no, you'd rather see your own daughter be tortured!"

"Letting you walk freely out of here would probably one day lead to my demise Emelia. It's just impossible,"

"Then have someone kill me! Just put a bullet through my head, you won't have to see my hideous face once more. Just let me be with my mother in peace, you've already failed her poorly," I patronized him.

With this he stayed silent before barging out of the room I was staying in.

I took the plate of food hoping it would be poisoned but I knew he would never try to kill me. He'd rather keep me here a prisoner until the day he dies for his stupid wife and daughters.

I immediately woke up once again with a new found revolution. The ruthless man in my dream was my father Romano and my real name is Emelia Romano.

I laid in bed thinking, this information was what Valentino needed to know from the beginning, should I tell him who I am? What if they kill me after getting the truth? What will happen if I tell them the truth about who I am?

I remember Valentino hates my father. He might try to kill me for revenge?

They definitely cannot find out about who I am, not yet, maybe I can change there minds from killing me and setting me free before telling them.

Looking at the time it was 7:04am in the morning. I had slept the entire night and woke up sweating once again from an horrible nightmare which had happened to me.

I decided to skip breakfast and stay in my room, surprisingly enough no one had bothered to disturb me. I timed breakfast making sure to leave my room only after everyone had left the dining hall.

I headed to the location of the house where Amato stayed since Dave was away for a few days I'm unable to ask him anything.

I needed to speak with Amato and let him know that it was a terrible idea for us to be together and I still wanted to know what happened between Valentino and I at the club.

But before I went I made sure to grab a cheese sandwich and a cup of tea to still my hungry stomach.

I spotted my old maid Greta and asked her for assistance in showing me to Amato's door. She obliged and led me into the direction on his room.

"This is Amato's room, I'll be leaving now," She responded to me before walking away.

"Thank you,"

I hesitated on knocking on the door but before I could Lili emerged from the room smiling widely and almost a dark shade of red.

Her smile suddenly faltered after recognizing that I was standing at the door, Amato showed up seconds later shirtless and his hair disheveled, both reek of the same cologne.

"You forgot to.." Were Amato's last words right before he spotted me at the door.

Both there faces showed utter shock and disbelief.

Disheveled hair? Check!
Smelling the same? Check!
Half naked in a secret room together? Check!
Looking obsoletely guilty? Check!

Now why would Lili that was marrying Valentino need to be in a room with a half naked hunk of a man and more disheveled than ever?

Oh my gosh.