29. Chapter twenty-nine.

"Lydia, that's simple impossible to do," She responded.

"And why is it so impossible to get me out of here Lili? Your Valentino's soon to be wife it would be harder for you to break out from here than I," I told her.

"Lydia, I'm an unwanted fiancée. If I go missing, then that's a big advantage for Valentino only he'd be in trouble with my family because I went missing under his care but on the other hand your like a prisoner here and escaping with all their information and knowing who they are might be risky," She spoke but somehow I could see she was going to say something else which means she's probably hiding something from me.

Plus what she said didn't really make any sense to me. Wouldn't they try to find her as well knowing she had information about them?

"Lili please, would you rather have me get killed here?"

"You're also asking me to put my family and I in danger of getting killed if we help you,"

But wouldn't your family still be in danger even if I didn't come with you?

"Look I'll think about it Lydia but for now, promise me that you'll keep this information to yourself and no one else will know about it?"

"I promise,"

"I'm sorry I have to interrupt your meeting, but your father is currently on his way and there are things that are needed to be done before his arrival" Dave interrupted us.

After a few hours in my room reflecting on everything I was suddenly interrupted by Valentino making me sigh. I hadn't seen him the entire morning.

"What is it?" I asked, hurriedly wrapping myself in a towel. I forgot he had a key to my room.

"I had expected a better response to my presence. Something along the lines of welcome home baby," He responded making me laugh.

This was the first time I had genuinely laughed in a long while and I hadn't expected it would be from the liking of this handsome devil of a monster.

"I think you may be in the wrong room Val,"

"Val? I'll settle with the nickname you've given me then," He was now up close to my face holding my cheeks with both his hand looking me in the eyes.

He then began to gaze at my lips, lowering his head down to my lips and passionately kissing me, something I've never experienced from him before.

I reciprocated his gesture kissing him eagerly to my hearts content and before I knew it my towel was laying on the ground while he stared lustfully at me in only my undergarments. After a few minutes I finally came back to my senses  hurriedly picked up my towel and placed it over me.

"Ho visto e rapito molti di voi già gattini, quindi non c'è bisogno di nascondersi. È tutto mio, dopotutto" He spoke in Italian.
(I've seen and unravished a lot of you already kitten so there's no need to hide. It's all mine after all)

Why was I two sided when it came onto Valentino? Sometimes I wanted him gone but most times my body would crave to be underneath his.

"I'm sure your aware that I have guests coming over this afternoon. You're not allowed to leave your room until there gone, during this time you'll be guarded so that you don't defy my rules," He reasoned.

"I'm more than thankful not to be attending this dinner hosted by crooks but why am I not allowed to leave my room during that time?" I questioned curiously.

"If you leave this room during that time, I cannot guarantee you full protection so just do as I say Micetta,"

"Ok fine but let me go ahead and grab a few snacks first so that I don't starve to death?" I responded heading to the drawers containing my clothes.

"Starting this moment you're not allowed to leave your room, you can ask Dave to fetch you whatever you want Micetta,"

As he was about to leave the room I stopped him.

"Wait."

"What is it Micetta?" He turned around to look at me.

"The only reason why you're keeping me here is because you're trying to figure out my identity correct?"

"Precisely so,"

"So, what if I was to somehow figure out my identity and I'm not a threat what's so ever to you? Would you have me released?" I inquired feeling hopeful.

"Well that depends if I can sincerely trust you and I think you know the answer to that," He voiced watching my every movement.

"And what if I somehow find out my true identity and that I'm likely a threat to you, what would you do to me? Would you kill me or lock me up in that dungeon for good or..."

"What is the meaning for all this Lydia? Do you remember something I should know?" He asked taking slow striding steps towards me.

"N-no, I'm just asking. I wanted to know that's all," I lied.

"Are you sure Lydia?" Valentino held my face in his hand looking for any sign of deceit.

I stared into the eyes of the man before me wondering if I meant anything to him but just a toy to play around with.

"Your silence confirms that you do," He responds.

"What else do you remember Emelia?" Valentino asked addressing me by my birth name.

"So you knew my name all this while and kept it a secret from me all along?" I asked shocked that even though he may know who I am he's kept it a secret all this while.

Then why was I still here?

Valentino remained silent all this time not caring to answer my question. He just remained there staring at me as if in thought.

"You've known who I am all this time so tell me Valentino, you know the truth about me and who I am, are you going to keep me a slave here for the rest of my entire life or are you going to kill me?" I asked one more time.

With my question once again he remained silent not answering a word or showing any emotions at my disheartening state.

"Are you going to answer any of my questions Valentino?"

"I remember asking you a question before your little rant Emelia," He finally responded.

"And how do I know that you won't kill me? You said that if I was a threat to your family, you'd execute me. What are your intentions for me Valentino?" I asked losing hope that he'd actually let me go.

"Keeping your name a secret means keeping you alive Emelia. I don't trust you enough not to let everything out to everyone. If anyone knew who you were then you'd be dead, my men maybe loyal to me but they'll kill anything that has the blood of Romano in it, that's what they were taught to do,"

"In terms of what I'll do with you we'll discuss that when my meeting with the Vikings is over. Try not to do anything stupid, they'll kill you if they find out that you're a Romano," He was about to leave.

"Do you hate me that much? If you know who I am then you must know about my past. Are you that heartless enough to continue keeping me here against my will knowing how much I've been hurt in the past? Knowing how much I've been in pain for my entire life?" He reminded silent after hearing my pained sobbing cry.

He was once again about to leave when I stopped him.

"I know that there's a mole in your Mafia leaking information to my father," I responded to which he immediately stopped to stare at me.

"If I can give you his name and prove to you that he's the one then I want out. I want to leave from here to somewhere safe where I can never be involved with you or my father ever again,"

I now had a two-way card, either way flipped I was surely getting out of here alive.