38. Chapter thirty-Eight.

"Oh God." I groaned as I woke up with a severe pain to my shoulder.

Sliding my shirt downwards it then dawns on me that I had been shot. My shoulder was bandaged. Recollection of what happened came crashing back and I painfully sighed. Thank God I was not dead, I thought I was goanna die.

It was a lucky thing I had tried running when jack aimed the gun at my head.

But it was clear to me if I stayed here, I'd end up dead.

Flipping off the sheets I went to step off the bed when a female looking exactly as Valentino showed up at my side. She was talking to Sergio then he left after seeing that I was awake.

"W-where's Jack?" I questioned fearing that any minute the man who tried to kill me would come walking through that door, then I'd surely die.

"Who's Jack?" She frowned.

"Jack Segos? The guy that tried to kill me?" I asked her once again.

"Well I think Valentino's has or is taking care of him. There's no need to worry about that man anymore." She explained to which I was a bit relieved but at the same time anxious that Jack might lie and have Valentino kill me instead.

"Try not to get too worked up love. I'm sure Valentino wouldn't like that." The lady smiled coming to sit by my side. She was a replica of Valentino.

"Let me guess, you must be Valentino's sister?" I asked knowing that I was absolutely correct.

Although Valentino had thick black hair, this woman had dark brown hair but both shared the same ocean blue eyes and thick Italian accent.

"You were very close but not quite. I'm his mother Viola Bianchi." She smiled excitedly grasping my hand in hers.

She looked a lot young to be Valentino's mother.

"I know what your thinking. I'm way too young to be Valentino's mother? Well I actually had Valentino while I was sixteen. I'm sure you may not know this but Valentino is only twenty-four. He's very younger than he looks and don't tell him that I told you this. He's embarrassed about his age being so young." She whispered playfully.

Doing the maths that would actually make her around forty years old yet she looked around thirty.

"I'm so glad that Valentino found you and don't worry I will take good care of you from now on. Nothing will ever happen to you." She smiled.

"Gosh your so beautiful! Val is so lucky to have you. I can't believe your father would do such a wicked thing to you." With her word I widened my eyes open out of shock.

Looking around the room I could clearly see I was in Valentino's room to utter shock. How on earth did I end up here?

"How long have I been out for?" I asked her trying to sit up.

"You've been out for almost two days. I also think it's best you rest and not put too much pressure on your wound." She advised to my question lowering me back down on the bed.

Two days?!

"And what about Lili? Where is she? And why am I in Valentino's room and not in my own room?" I questioned puzzled.

I hope Lili hadn't gone and run away without me. If I stayed here I'd clearly die. No she would never leave me.

"Well I haven't been able to talk to her personally since I got here which would be a day and a few hours ago but I'm sure she's somewhere around here unfortunately." She explained.

"You must be hungry. Greta!" Viola called the maid.

"Yes, Mrs Bianchi?" Greta obediently asked the moment she was at her side.