40. Chapter forty.

Emelia's POV

"Where are you taking me?!" I tried to flip off Dave's hand as he pulled me towards a plane.

We had just managed to escape from Valentino's Mansion and was now heading to a plane.

I looked at my surroundings seeing that there was no way of even escaping. The place was filled with guards on both sides and behind me. There's no way a knife could help me with their guns.

"It's for your own safety Lydia. Now it's either you get on the plane or be shot and killed?" Dave asked.

I got on the plane without a second thought taking in the entire interior. Taking a seat and buckling my seatbelt I was met with both Mr. and Mrs. Bianchi on the plane.

"Oh, my goodness Emelia your here!" Viola excitedly spoke looking around on my body.

"Yes, and I'm fine." I responded to her while looking at Mr. Bianchi who was looking at me aggressively.

"Viola sit down now, the plane is about to take off." Her husband pulled her back before having her buckled up.

"Is this what you were trying to warn me about earlier?" Viola asked as the plane took off on the runway.

I looked outside seeing if there were any signs of Valentino. I was still not comfortable around his parents especially knowing that my father did kill their family.

"Yes, and I'm not sure if you know but before I had completely lost my memories. It was only until now that I was about to regain them and as such tell Valentino everything." I told her.

"How do we know that you were not lying about forgetting your damn memories! How do we know you didn't give them what the Romano's needed to infiltrate my mafia I worked so hard to build?! How do I know you didn't plan for all of this to happen?!" Mr. Bianchi yelled at me.

"I'm sure Valentino wouldn't have trusted her and gave her his own damn blood to save her life knowing what she might be capable of so stop it! Valentino isn't a fool Carlo, and she did try warning us" Viola yelled at her husband but the part that caught my attention was the fact that Valentino gave his own blood to save my life.

"He did what?" I stared wide eye at her in shock.

"My son gave his own blood to save your life, that's how much you mean to him." She smiled at me.

But why would Valentino give his own blood to save my life? Yet again he gave me a knife incase anything happened to me. Did I truly mean that much to him?

"He even held a gun to Mrs. Vikings head when she was planning to kill you." Viola went on further.

I can't believe he'd do so much for me? Was I blind and missing something here? This man hated my guts, even I hate his guts........ Or was I fooling myself?

"For almost all my life I've never known what it has ever felt like to be treated as a human being. My own father sent me hear for your son to kill. I've lived in a room my entire life and was used by my own family as a source of entertainment whenever they wanted to torture me. Doing my father's will would be the most thoughtless thing I could ever do. All I've ever wanted was to leave this mafia world and never step foot in it again, so to answer your question, no I didn't plan any of this." I answered Mr. Bianchi but his glare continues to remain on me.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry for what you've went through Emelia." Viola sincerely apologized.

"You don't have to apologize Mr. Bianchi. It was not your fault. You had nothing to do with my father's disgusting intensions." I sighed wiping the tears I didn't know were dripping from my face.

"Were you ever.... molested?" Her questioned came as strange to me but then I realized it had something to do with his son Valentino.

I guess she didn't want her son to date someone who was previously taken advantage of.

"No, that's the only thing my father ever stood up against when it came to his concubine's daughter." The only thing I could call mine.

My woman hood. My life was never mine to begin with.

I looked like Mrs. Bianchi looked at me with what I could say was pity. I didn't like the feeling of being looked down on, so I excused myself.

"You can rest here." Dave showed me into a room once he saw me get up from my seat.

But before Dave could leave, I immediately stopped him to ask, "Where is this plane going if I'm not being nosy and all?" I inquired.

"I'm not sure Lydia. I only follow instructions from Valentino which is to keep you safe at all costs." He spoke.

"Ok, but what about Lili? I haven't heard a word about her or Amato from anyone?" I asked.

"I'm sure your questions will be answered soon enough Lydia." Dave responded.

"Ok, thank you." I told him glad that I had a bed that I could rest my head until we landed.

Soon after laying my head down, I had fallen asleep, but it was not too long before I had woken up once again.

I felt the plane landing. I looked out to see we had landed in a secure area with nothing but trees and sea. A beautiful sight to see but no one would give a reason as to why we had landed. It wasn't until hours later a jet landed next to ours.

"You are now free to leave." One of the attendants spoke to me as both Mrs. Bianchi and Mr. Bianchi came inside my room. I wondered what was going to happen next.

Giving me a tight hug Mrs. Bianchi spoke, "Although we haven't known each other for long but I do hope that you'll remember me and someday we can be friends in the future." She smiled at me.

Oh my god, were they planning to kill me?!

Mr. Bianchi held out his hand for me to shake and I shakily held out mine before shaking his. This was all our interaction before they guided me outside the plane and pointed me into the direction of the jet.

I slowly walked over to it thinking this was finally my demise, but my heart fluttered the moment I saw who came out of the plane.

It was no other than Valentino himself. Valentino was alive and he had come to get me.

I guess I wasn't going to die after all.