Epilogue.

Three months later...

I impatiently waited for the doctor to enter the room once again with my test results. I took deep breaths in and out to stop my heart that was about to beat out of my chest.

"So, I have your test results ready for you Lydia." Doctor Logan advised but seeing my reaction he immediately stop opening the envelope just to reassure me.

"Remember to always remain positive." Logan held my shoulder to say before releasing.

"Go on doctor Logan, open the envelope." I held up my hands to try and hide the fact that I was absolutely nervous.

"Please you can call me Mathew or mat but did I say or do something to offend you? If I made you feel nervous or....." I cut him off before he could continue.

"It's nothing." I told him.

"So your test results came back which show's that your in the clear Miss Lydia. Your baby is perfectly healthy and your not in any danger of losing him or her." Doctor Logan spoke making me sigh out in relief.

A baby. I was pregnant with Valentino's baby. A Mafia man that I had fallen inexplicably in love with but had no idea of where in the world he might be.

I sighed heavily, I was absolutely glad nothing had gone wrong and my baby was safe. I had grown to have a very strong connection with my baby and I vowed to protect him or her with all my life. Just like a parent should for there child.

"I'm sorry if I hadn't told you before that having a hot bath while in your early stages of pregnancy may lead to a miscarriage." Doctor Logan apologized.

"No, there's no need to apologize. It's my fault for not searching for these imperative information knowing how vulnerable I am in these early stages of my pregnancy." I told him very happy that my baby was ok.

"That's more like it. Remember to always remain positive, there's a chance your baby's personality may be shaped by your activities and emotions." Doctor Logan explained.

"So have you decided about telling the baby's father that your pregnant?" Logan asked as I got up to leave.

"I haven't actually. Things are a lot complicated at the moment." I answered. I hadn't really opened up to him about my baby's father ever since I became one of his patients two months and a few days ago after finding out that I was pregnant.

Sometimes I wondered if Valentino would ever want our child? It's been three months. No call no text no nothing and now that I was pregnant for Valentino things have gotten even more complicated.

"Oh I see, is it that it was an unplanned pregnancy? Not to be nosy but I can provide you with a few tips." Doctor Logan spoke.

"Yes it was indeed an unplanned pregnancy and yes I'd love a few tips." At this time I need all the help that I could get.

"And what about the father? Would he have wanted this baby if he found out because the best option would be for both of you to sit down and have a discussion about all of this." He inquired.

"Well I haven't actually seen him since the time we......" I stopped seeing how embarrassing this was for me.

"You don't need to be embarrassed Miss. Rodriguez, it happens, what is most important is your baby's health. You'll be amazed to know how tremendously proud you'll be after delivering this baby." He smiled at me.

"I hope so." I held onto my stomach very protective of the little connection I had with him or her.

"We could talk more about it over dinner and we can discuss further some ways of becoming a single parent." Doctor Logan took the time to ask me out to my dismay.