30. Chapter thirty.

We both could hear banging on the door but hearing my words Valentino quickly turned around immediately kissing me once more.

I went along with his kiss realizing this kiss was different. He was more aggressive while kissing me this time around. His kisses sweet sending butterflies to the pit of my stomach while he held me tightly to his chest.

"If you ever try to fuck leave me Micetta I swear I'll search for you to the end of this earth and I'll have you killed," Valentino threatened.

"Your no different from my father Valentino. You two are both monsters," I pushed him away.

The banging continued louder on the door for Valentino to join the guests down in the dining hall. Staring at the floor Valentino didn't say another word before leaving.

Immediately came Dave after he left.

"There's no need for you to be here because there's no way in hell that I'll go out there with those crooks gathering around the damn house," I frowned at him.

"I have to see things through that you'll stay in your room Lydia. You're very important to the boss and I wouldn't like to end up on the receiving end if something was to ever happen to you or you were to do something unexpected that'll get you hurt," He had on a smug look on his face.

Of course I was the most important to torture.

"Could I ask you a small question Dave?" I sat on my bed watching him stand at my door.

"You're more than free to ask," He spoke.

"What happened the night at the club? I remember drinking and partying with Lili, but I seem to have no recollection of what happened after," I asked.

"After you got drunk, you somehow managed to make it into Valentino's office, after that the rest is history. I have no idea what happened, I just know you were brought back here in his arms the entire night," He smiled.

I lowered my gaze at him suspiciously.

"And what's so funny about him bringing me here?" I asked as he continued to smile, something none of the guards here usually do.

"Nothing, it's just that while bringing you home Valentino never left your side. Not once, not even to be with his fiancée Lili. He didn't want anyone else being around you," He explained.

"And what are you trying to say?"

"Unofficially, Valentino can be a ruthless and dangerous man and even though you might think this about him. He's slowly changing while being around Lydia," Dave spoke.

"Your right I do see him has a ruthless monster and dangerous monster nothing more," I rolled my eyes.

"On a scale of one to ten with one being the lowest, how close of a friend are we?" I questioned him.

"I'd say a five," I once again frowned at him.

"And here I thought we we're besties, anyway, do you think I'll ever get out of here alive by any means? And has any prisoner ever gotten out alive from your ruthless bosses?" I questioned him hoping for a good response.

"Truthfully and unofficially, I think that your only way out of here alive is probably by Sergio. I'd say he's less hostile and more caring than Valentino seeing as though he has a very strong belief of not killing women. Has anyone ever gotten out of here alive? No," Dave explained.

"And has Valentino ever killed a woman before?"

Without a reply he confirmed my question as a yes. Of course, why would I not expect this.

"So, he has, what a heartless monster," I shook my head.

"He's only ever killed heartless individuals that has truly deserved it. In your case you didn't deserve to die and that's why your alive today,"

"Don't defend him!" I glared.

I sighed before asking a question I know I'd most likely not get any answer to since.

"I-I've heard a few things about the Romano's since being here, what do you know about them?" I peered trying to analyze my situation.

"I don't think that's my place to say Lydia," He replied making me sigh.

Well, it was worth a try.

"How did you manage to end up here?" I asked being nosy.

"I volunteered,"

"Why on earth would you do something as ridiculous as volunteering to be in a Mafia? Is there a sign that says do you want to be a part of a gang?"

"I joined because I get pay to take care of my family. Not all of us are rich."

Killing to get paid? I'd rather clean toilets but I guess not everyone thinks the same.

"How long have you been here?" I inquired.

"A few more months and it'll be seven years," He responded.

"Hmm, you don't seem old to me? You look to be around twenty-five." I guessed.

But he did not answer.

"So how many girlfriends do you have and how many persons have you killed?" I wondered making him burst of in laughter.

"What's so funny?"

I completely had nothing to do but pry and be nosy.

Before he could answer, Dave left the room after getting a call on his phone but not before another guard showed up at the door. I recognized him as the guard that once bullied me when I was being tortured back in the dungeon.

He looked awful like a monster but then again not everyone can look like Sergio and Valentino in a Mafia.

One thing was for certain, I was definitely not comfortable with him being in the same room as I was, especially alone.

"I see you've recovered greatly. I would've never thought you'd have lasted this long in the hands of the Bianchi's. You even managed to get yourself a nice little room in their mansion," He spoke while looking around my room.

His voice sounding a lot familiar to me, he was the one to wickedly enjoy me being tortured but there was just something else that was familiar about him.

That voice?

That voice?

Where have I heard it before?

And then it hit me, I vaguely remembered him stating that his name was Jack when I was locked up in that cage.

Was he the one?

"I-If you don't mind me asking, w-what is your name?" I questioned standing up and shakily taking slow and steady step backwards hoping he'd not recognize what I was doing.

I hoped that it wasn't the name from my memories.

"My name is Jack, Jack Segos why do you ask?" He answered and that's when the horrifying flashbacks began to appear. The flashbacks of him speaking with my so-called father as clear as day.

"Wait, wait, wait, My name's Jack Segos and..... how do I know you'll keep me alive?" The man named Jack asked.

I could hear Romano laughing evilly before returning to me and shout.

"Guards, bring this man to my chambers, we will talk then," Romano said.

"It's you,"

This man wasn't working for Valentino, but he was working for my father, the one who sent me here to die.

"Well, it seems you've finally regained your memory Emelia, it's a pity that I'll have to put a bullet in your brain because of this since I can't have you spilling all my little dirty secrets. I'll just have them think you tried escaping by grabbing ahold of my gun to shoot me."

His gun was raised directly to my head as his face converged into that of a menacing smile.

"Say goodnight,"