41. Chapter forty-one.

"For the second time around I'm actually happy to see you. I also never thought I'd say such a bizarre thing in my entire time of meeting you." I told him truthfully entering his jet.

"And when was the first my dear Micetta?" Valentino asked from closely behind me.

"When I woke up to find out that I wasn't dead from being attacked by Jack." I told him.

I made sure to take a seat next to Valentino as he buckled my seatbelt remembering about my wound. The jet was clearly expensive by just looking at the interior.

"What happened to Lili and Amato?" I questioned curiously after asking the others but got no answer, something told me I already knew the answer to my question.

Why haven't I seen her and Amato around all this time?

"They both decided it was time to leave." He responded poring a glass of wine to drink.

I knew it, why wouldn't she? Why did I think she'd actually consider bringing me along with her?

"They left?" I questioned myself in thought.

"Yes, Lili left a message for you. Her message was to tell you that she's sorry for leaving you behind." Valentino added.

"I can't believe it; I should've never trusted her." I slapped my head.

Valentino laughed at my little rant.

"Why are you laughing?" I questioned him. Loving the way how he laughed.

"Micetta, Lili has never yet been truthful to you. You were always a pawn for Lili whenever she wanted to do something she wasn't supposed to. All those times you walked in on us having sex or the times she tried to get us to become neutral friends for the wedding, do you think all of that was just a mere coincidence?" Valentino asked shocking me.

"So, all of that was planned by Lili? I don't understand, why go through such lengths to do such things?" It bewildered me as to why.

"She wanted us to have an affair so if one day she got caught she would have the same to say about me." Val explained.

"So, I was her pawn?" If they were to find out that Valentino and I was fooling around they'd surely kill me.

So, Lili was setting me up all along to be killed!

"Yes, but if it makes you feel any better Lili's hands were tied. It was either save you and let Amato and the baby die or leave you and save her baby and Amato." Val confessed eyeing my wound.

Know I understood why. I'd do the same if I was in her place as well.

"So, you knew that Lili was pregnant all along?" I questioned.

"Yes, I knew everything thing that Lili had planned." He responded.

I guess he was always a few steps ahead.

"What if the baby is yours and she ran away with your baby Valentino?" I asked him.

"I have evidence it's not." He responded.

I kept silent at his words. How could I forget, he was always a few steps ahead.

"So, you let them go without killing them?" I wondered shocked. He was definitely a changed man.

Valentino kept silent. I had so many questions to ask.

"So does that mean the contract between you and Lili is no longer binding?" I pried to which he ignored once again.

I wondered how he felt about all this, but it was not my place to ask such questions. I guess I was beginning to feel too comfortable around him.

"Wait, what about Sergio? Is he ok? And what about your men? What about my father, is he still alive?" I asked curiously.

Romano might've been my father, but he was never a dad to me. At this point I didn't care what happened to him.

"Sergio is fine, and most of my men are fine as well. Pertaining to your father unfortunately he was not there for me to reward him with a bullet to his head. My men are fine." He explained to me.

So, he still walked on the face of this earth. That bastard was good.

"Where are we going?" I asked a few minutes later after realizing I didn't know where I was going.

Without answering Valentino got up and went away leaving me all alone. After being bored for a few minutes, I decided to wonder around.

Inside the private jet I came across a very beautiful and luxurious glass bathroom that contained a bathtub. Just what I needed to soak my tender body.

I wondered just what Valentino did to afford such luxurious lifestyles. Clearly it was more than killing people. Now that I've think about it, I don't think I remember ever asking what he did for a living, but I can safely say it's nothing good.

Filling the tub with bubble water, I stripped naked before heading inside. I sighed in relief feeling soothing water against my skin.

Finally.

I went underneath the bubbling water holding my breath for as long as possible only to come up and find Valentino inside.

"I forgot you have no recollection of what the word privacy means." I said holding my hand over my chest as his eyes teasingly roomed my body.

"And have you forgotten that I've seen all there is to be seen by you Micetta?" He responded smirking at me.

"My mother has told me you haven't yet eaten since you woke last night. It's now 1:00pm you must be hungry. I've asked the chef to prepare something for you to eat." He told taking a seat next to me on the bathtub.

Surprisingly Valentino took up a comb that had been nearby and began combing through my hair.

I felt at ease around him so letting him do this wasn't a problem. If it was before then I would've surely thought, he was trying to drown me.

"A gentleman now, are we?" I teased him.

"I'm only doing this because your hand is injured, and your left hand is basically immobile." He explained.

"I know what you did for me while I was unconscious. I know that you gave your blood to save my life and I know that you kept me from being harmed from everyone that wanted me dead the entire time." I confessed to him which he reminds silent.

"Thank you." I made sure to show him that I was grateful.

I can tell that Valentino has somehow changed for the better which I would've never thought could've happened.

After a few minutes of silently brushing my hair Valentino got up and went for a robe for me to wear. He then escorted me back to a room where a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, Ham, chocolate waffles and orange juice. My plate was literally flowing over.

Immediately I dug in savoring the taste of finally having a good plate of hot tasty food in my stomach and once finished I was feeling a lot better.

The room I had ate my food in held woman's clothes and so I decided to change my attire. I looked outside to see that the plane was finally going to land.

We landed on what seemed to be a beautiful island. I was more than happy to see such a beautiful place in my life.

"Why are we here Valentino?" I inquired.

"You'll soon come to find out Micetta." Valentino whispered in my ears teasingly.