36. Chapter thirty-six.

Valentino's POV

"I see you've made your final decision Lili." I sat in the corner of the dungeon watching as my beloved fiancée and Amato about to run off together.

There expression was what I had expected. Shocked and palpable. I couldn't say I didn't expect it.

"V-val?" Lili stuttered.

"I wonder what the Vikings will say when there beloved daughter was caught trying to run away with one of my men and that she's pregnant for that known guard." I informed.

"How did you find out?" Amato questioned.

"I'm no fool Amato." I responded.

"I'm sure it was Lydia who told you about it." He began.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere. So no, Lydia did not inform me of this." I told him.

Falling to her knees Lili began shedding tears.

"Your crocodile tears doesn't fool me Lili." I rolled my eyes at her way of begging for mercy.

This sparked her anger to which Amato pulled her to his chest in a way to calm her down.

"Your one to talk Valentino! I know you've been secretly having an affair with Lydia behind my back this whole time and yet here you are acting like a damn saint! Like you've never done anything wrong! It was only because of Amato why I was able to cope with what you did." She shouted.

"Playing the victim card I see Lili? Don't think I don't know all your little dirty tricks." This made her surprise.

"What dirty tricks? I don't know what your talking about and I don't think you do either."

"So pushing Lydia in my arms wasn't intentional to cover up the fact that you were secretly whoring around with Amato? All those excuses about getting close for the wedding and having her sleep in my bedroom, leaving the door open for her to see us fucking. Are you saying that wasn't your doing?" I smirked as Amato got angry.

"What a shame it would be to have Lydia find out that you used her as your get away dog. I was always two step ahead of the two of you." She looked away seeing that I had figured out all of her little dirty tricks.

"Don't pretend as if you didn't fucking enjoyed it Valentino!" Lili aggressively yelled.

"Of course I did." It was indeed true.

"If you knew so much why did you wait until now to fucking say anything about it?!"

"Because after figuring out that you were pregnant I wanted to see what your next step was. I wanted to see you scurry like the headless chicken you'll be soon once your parents finds out you've violated your contract and is now pregnant for another man."

"And what will they think when they find out you've been having sex with Lydia?" Amato asked.

"For one I've never had sex with Lydia, two you have no evidence of that and three I don't you of all people should be talking. After all you'll be dead soon."

"And how do you know if this baby isn't yours Valentino? I could tell them it's yours." Lili added.

"Based on my estimation your weeks to a month pregnant Lili. I stop fucking you unprotected after finding out you were whoring around two months ago. It's highly unlikely you got pregnant by me. I thought you would've at least figured that out by now." I evaluated for her.

Both stood shock at my revelation making me smirk.

"As i said Lili, I'm always two steps ahead of you."

"I did you a favor Val. I can see that your in love with Lydia, you would do anything for her. I gave you someone to fight for. You even threw me out of the room just for her."

"I find it funny how I'm in love with a female I've never even slept with before. Are you saying that I can be easily infatuated by anyone?"

"Well, your actions have always been louder than words Valentino." Lili continued to which I ignored.

"So what do you plan to do with us? Bring us back to my parents and have them kill us?" Lili questioned.

"No, your both free to leave." I told them to which they stood still unsure of what to do.

"Whatever your going to do Valentino just tell us rather than beating around bushes. We know you would never let us go freely. Your too evil and vile for that." Lili fathomed.

"Instead of begging me to let you go freely your here speaking rubbish. Fine, Dave go and call the Vikings." I sent.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait." Amato stopped him.

"Why would you let us go free? Why are you doing this after knowing what we've done?" He asked.

"Because just as Lili I too have no intentions of getting married by a contract and if I have you and Lili brought back then you and that baby will be killed. Lili will then be punished by her parents, but the wedding would still be intact. If I can let them see that there precious Lili has gone rogue, then the contract will be null and void." 

"Everyone gets what they want. It's a win, win situation, you get to leave and be happy with your family while I get to be free," I Explained.

"You can now thank me," I stood up from my seat about to leave.

"But how do we know this is not one of your traps? What if when we leave here someone is waiting for us to execute us or take us back to my parents as proof of my wrong doing?" Lili questioned.

"As cruel and vile you think I am Lili I could've simple done everything you stated right here and right now. I have no intentions of harming the both of you." I told them.

"Here" I picked up a duffle bag and threw it to them. It was bag containing a hundred thousand dollars.

"What is this?" Amato questioned looking skeptically at the bag.

"It's not a bomb if that's what your thinking. Take a look and good luck, inspite of your betrayal you were a good guard. Take care of your family, Always remember the rules of a Mafia." I warned him before walking away.

He was smart enough not to be captured by anyone who would want to kill for information.

"Thank you," He responded.

"Wait Val," I stopped in my tracks hearing Lili's voice.

She ran straight into my arms hugging me. I reciprocated by awkwardly patting her on the back twice. Lili was more of a child that had been pawned with and her childhood taken from her.

She was a naughty teenager with not a cruel or vicious bone that didn't belong in our world.

"Tell Lydia that I'm sorry," She cried wiping her tears before running off hand in hand with Amato.

"Your changing little brother, your becoming weak and less vicious but more thoughtful and kindhearted," Sergio came out of the dark as he had been standing there a few minutes watching everything unfold.

"And is that such a bad thing?" I inquired.

"In this Mafia world? Yes. In the normal world? Absolutely not brother." He answered.

"Is this why your here Sergio?"

"No, Emelia's awake."