32. Chapter thirty-Two.

Valentino's POV

I stared at Emelia's unconscious body as she recovered from her injuries in my bed. The sight for reasons uncertain to me troubling and unsettling.

"How long do you think it'll take before she's conscious once again Carlos?" I questioned my personal doctor.

"She's sustained minor injuries sir, based on my calculations not for long, about a week or less. Thankfully I had reached here in time, or she'd have had Hypovolemic shock or even succumb to much blood loss," He explained.

A week or less is quite long. I was expecting a day or today.

"Luckily the bullets only went through her shoulder, but it was clear your guard was heading for her head but missed," He further explained.

"This is not my place to say but giving this girl your blood for immediate blood transfusion was a very thoughtful thing to do, does it mean she's somewhat now important to you?" He asked which I didn't answer.

"It's a good thing I had test her blood type before. I will have her medications delivered immediately but for now it's best she's kept warm for her body not to go into hypothermia as she's lost quite amount of blood and is still recovering. I'm sure you'll do everything in your power to keep her safe as well."

"Will she be able to regain her memories doctor?" I inquired.

"I think it's likely she will regain her memories. After further examination of her, Lydia had not gotten any head injuries, but we can only truly know when she has fully woken up and can tell what she remembers sir," He answered.

"Thank you, Carlos, you may leave now," I dismissed him.

Flashbacks of last night played in my mind.

Entering the room the floor had been covered in blood while Segos was about to pull the trigger and end Emelia's life while she remained injured crying with pleading and horrifying eyes from on the ground. After making Segos drop the gun Emelia immediately fell unconscious.

A second later if I had not been there and Emelia would've been dead.

"Greta, make sure that Lydia is kept warm as the doctor ordered also no one is allowed inside my room except for me," I gave her strict instructions before leaving making sure that my most trusted men were on guard.

But upon opening my bedroom door I was met with Mrs. Viking. Her demeanor showed she was trying to cover up the fact that she was caught trying to hear what's on the other side of my door.

"Although I'm sure that there's not a valid explanation but I'd like to know why my daughter is staying outside of your room while a female is in your bed?" She demanded to know with authority.

"I need not provide you with any answer woman. In days your daughter will become a Bianchi. The contract only clarifies marriage so please try not to pry in my business," I spoke before leaving.

"My daughter will be affected by this, so it has everything to do with me Valentino. I hope you know what you're doing because my husband and your father wouldn't be too pleased knowing what is currently happening!" She shouted as I paid her no attention.

I made my way down to the dungeon spotting a few other of my men on guard at the cell I was about to enter.

Taking a seat in front of Segos I laced my hands with gloves taking out my blowtorch. I hadn't done this in a long time, and I would surely enjoy my time with him if he didn't give me a precise explanation as to why he did what he did.

"You're making a big mistake Valentino. You've known me for years why would you kill one of your own for this mere girl whose blood is that of a Romano?" He pleaded, both his hands and legs tied wide apart in a standing position.

"You have five minutes to explain," I gave him.

"I recently found out about her identity, she's one of Romano's daughters. I confronted that bitch about it, and she tried to grab my gun and use it to kill me so she could kill us all and escape. Knowing that the Romano's are our main rivals killing that thing would've been the best option" He explained.

Unsatisfied with his response I took ahold of his left hand before placing the blowtorch on his wrist. Hearing him scream out in pain brought immense pleasure to my ear.

"How did you come about this information?" I questioned him, removing the torch after a few minutes.

It took him minutes before he could actually compose himself to say a word.

"I had m-managed to secretly infiltrate an underground drug trade and I was successfully able to kidnap a guard during which I was informed that the girl is Romano's daughter," He responded, blood spilling from his mouth.

"Was that all you were able to get? And why wasn't I informed of this earlier before?" I lit the blowtorch again ready to end his life.

"Everything else he told me was what we had already knew. He also said that Romano is a very secretive man so not everyone knew much including him. I was going to inform you but I wanted to prove my facts first and so I confronted her to which she confessed it's true. After that she tried stealing my gun and I fought her off hoping to get rid of Romano's blood,"

"I think it's because of the fact that I refreshed her memory of being a Romano that triggered something inside her. Her father was the one that killed Sergio's family, so I just wanted to pay her back as well," He finished.

I could clearly tell that some of his statements are somewhat not true, but I preferred not to kill him just yet. I needed to hear what happened as well from Emelia's side.

"You seem to be a bit tensed brother. Is it because of the fact that your little one is now unconscious which is now leading you to show your unhinged side?" My brother teased seemingly wanting for me to confess I had feelings for Emelia.

"Don't be ridiculous brother. I was simply getting down to the bottom of why there was unauthorized shooting when there was no intruder," I simple assured.

"If you so say but that's not the reason why I'm here, I think there's something you should know," I walked along the corridors needing a bottle of scotch.

"I hope it's good news I presume?" I questioned, downing a bottle of expensive scotch that situated on the counter of my kitchen.

I always had one whenever dealing with pest I needed to torture as there would be a lot of blood around. I needed to have a shower as well.

"Father will be arriving shortly for your grand wedding and being the unpredictable father he is I suggest you be cautious, especially with Emelia. I'm sure you know my stance when it comes on to your woman but remember that Emelia is Romano's daughter. I'm sure our father wouldn't be too pleased your keeping her alive," My brother responded.

"Fuck,"