39. Chapter thirty-Nine.

Valentino's POV

I groaned out in frustration hearing Emelia words. I was finally contented now that she was awake but that was soon short lived.

I made a phone call having Dave, one of my most trusted man to do as instructed whenever a situation like this arose.

Hearing gun shots being fired I slowly lifted Emelia in my arms carefully before opening a safety door hidden in my room and having her go inside.

"Wait, what about you and everyone else? Where will this passage lead me? I thought that Jack had already covered all the exits? Won't there be Romano's men at the other end of this door?" Emelia anxiously questioned, not wanting me to leave her side.

Emelia tightly grasped my hand in hers and I could see the anxious look in her eyes.

"Do you know how to use a gun?" I questioned her to which Emelia shook her head saying no.

I placed a small knife inside her blouse even though I knew she would not need it but just for safety precautions I did anyway.

"On the other end of this door, Dave will be there for you. There's an exit route in both mine and Sergio's room only known by us and a few other men. I will meet with you very soon Micetta." That was for certain.

"You promise?" She asked and I could see tears in her eyes.

I kissed her lips once again savoring her taste before telling her to go inside.

I went inside my closet pulling out a rifle and a fully loaded shot gun before heading outside. I signaled my mother and father to follow me after seeing both standing outside my door surrounded by a few of their bodyguards.

The Romano's hadn't managed to reach inside of the main hall as yet. I watched as my brother gave orders to the soldiers to position themselves.

"You two will follow the path till the end." I opened the door for both to go inside.

"Wait, where is Emelia?" Mother asked holding onto my hand.

"She's only a few steps ahead now get inside." I instructed the two before sealing the door shut.

Leaving the room, I watched as my brother continue to lead our men, but my first priority was always securing the safety of my workers.

I had given them all strict instructions on what to do when situations like this arises. Opening a door inside the maid's quarters, all staff that worked for us was there.

I signaled for them to follow and just as I was about to get them all to safety one of Romano's men had somehow managed to intrude the hall to which I quickly shot him in the head before leading everyone to a safety bunker for them to stay there until everything was over.

It was now too risky getting them into the safety exit Emelia and my parents had gone.

"There's a lot of Romano's men here today, Valentino." Sergio responded to me in a calm manner with a smirk on his face.

"Is Romano here as well?" I questioned.

"Unfortunately, no." He responded.

"Have all signals been killed?" I asked my brother shooting a man between his leg as he screamed out in agonizing pain making me smirk.

"Yes, they have no way of communicating with the outside world or Romano in particular. There high-powered guns have also been affected greatly. Your plan to get a mansion that is death-trapped is smarter than I thought. Somehow we have the upper hand and killing most of Romano's men will be proven fruitful making him an easy target." Sergio praised.

"Outsmarting an idiot shouldn't be that hard hiding in plain sight was our plan after all. It was simply minutes before our unknown traitor would go running with every mislead information to the Romano's and they'd come running here into our trap," I smirked seeing how stupid Romano and his men was.

Carrying high powered weapons would've surely let them win against us but buying house worth millions with the ability to short-circuit high powered weapons and guns in miles to our house has proven more than useful. Leaving Romano's men to fight with simple weapons such as knives.

"What about our father and your mother?" Sergio asked shooting one of Romano's men in the eye.

"There both safe." I told him.

"And your girlfriend?" He teased at a time like this giving me a knowing look.

"She's safe." I simple replied reloading my gun as our men continued to fight against Romano's men.

"So, you finally admit to having feelings for Emelia?" Sergio asked to which I didn't answer.

"Now that you've finally realized you do have feelings for this girl, do you still plan to kill her father?" His question was mainly to test me.

"Why would that stop me from killing the man that killed my niece and your wife brother? Killing Romano and making my father proud is my main priority." It was obvious Sergio wanted to know if I was mixing pleasure with work. Something I would never do.

"Good because after this I don't plan on sitting around and waiting for the next plot to unfold. I'm going after Romano guns blazing throughout the entire city before he decides to run away once again." He responded with vengeance shooting every man in site.

Barely missing my head, a knife flew right by me. I immediately shot Romano's men in the head that did so.

Getting closer towards what would be called a one-sided battlefield I hid behind an exterior wall where I was successfully able to knock out a few of Romano's men without killing them.

I then ordered a few of my men to have them locked up in chains before I interrogated them. Maybe this was what we needed overall to have the upper hand over Romano.

"Kill everyone! I want no one leaving or sending any message to the outside." I ordered as a wall on the far end of where Romano men stood rose up to trap them on the inside which meant no one had a chance to leave.

A trap that has no doubt proven handy. It's unfortunate Romano hadn't showed up as well.

I gave Sergio a nod signaling to take over. I went to quickly have a word with Romano's men to see if I can get a precise location on where their filth of a leader was.

"Well let's get down to businessmen." I laughed evilly at Romano's men as they all trembled before my knees.

***********

I've seen your Christmas wishes and I just want to wish everyone a merry belated Christmas and a happy new year everyone!🎀🎄❤️

mishtschik