16. Chapter sixteen.

I woke up to a headache the next day not remembering much after of what took place last night, I just remember drinking the cup of milk Greta had given me.

Things that I've seen so far, I'm able to account for.... except the past but it's strange, I would normally be able to remember everything.

Heading downstairs I was anxious to see that certain devil but on the other hand I wanted to stay as far away from him as possible.

Making my way downstairs I decided to take my breakfast upstairs instead. Reaching the end of the stairs I was met with everyone looking at me.

Glancing at Valentino he takes one look at me and returns to his meal as with Lili and Sergio. Dave and Amato stood nearby.

Without taking a second look back I made my way to the kitchen ignoring Lili's calls, I did feel bad for doing so but I wasn't sure I could sit next to Valentino.

I decided to head to the kitchen and prepare a simple sandwich then head to my room without looking upwards to which I'd be able to see him, it was embarrassing how I was able to witness something so strange.

"Lydia, I was hoping you would accompany me today in selecting a dress for my wedding," Lili spoke as I reached the first step of the stairs.

"If you're unable to decide, then I'll choose," Valentino replied to her as I was about to answer her.

"A groom is not allowed to see the dress before the wedding Val," She responded to his suggestion. Why was everyone suddenly near the stairs?

"Sergio, I'll be in my office, make sure to have the men ready," Valentino said to his brother before passing alongside me and heading up the stairs, he smelt like fresh roses.

Nodding his head, Sergio walked away but not before signaling to Amato and Dave to follow him.

"I can't believe this," Lili angrily spoke.

"You could always take a picture of the dresses and I can tell you which one I prefer," I told her trying to sympathize with her situation, dealing with that devil must be quite hard.

"No, that's not the problem." She replied on the verge of now crying.

"Then what is it?" I made my way over to her table to comfort her.

"I shouldn't be telling you this but, they're going on another one of there stupid mafia shit. They normally do this often, you'll soon find out if you're around here long enough to see it often, but the point is someone always get hurt every time they do this and I've begged Valentino to stay but he refuses to,"

"I'm sure nothing will happen to him," I assured her. The devil can't get hurt right?

"But what about the others, what if something happens to them?"

"I'm sure all of them will be fine,"

"I hope so."

I guess she was very close to the others as well.

"Let's take your mind off this, let's see what wedding dresses you'd like," I tried to cheer her up, but it didn't seem to help.

"Yes, let's go up to my room, the dresses that I've preselected are there." She responded pulling me along.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea, maybe we should bring them to my room instead," I quickly tried to reject her offer, I would be going against everything I said I didn't want to do.

"There are about fifty dresses I had picked out Lydia, that'll be too much work going back and forth with them," Who the heck picks out fifty dresses?!

"Maybe we can have the maids carry them instead then," I objected once again.

"You're so paranoid Lydia, there's nothing to be scared of, as long as I'm there Valentino won't hurt your plus, he's busy in his office for the rest of the day," She added.

After giving multiple objections, I was pulled to her bedroom. As I nervously stepped inside, my room was nothing compared to their room. It had a gigantic king size bed in the middle with an ocean view and an outside patio with a chandelier. I was jealous knowing there was sea outside the wall, and I was unable to see it.

"Wow," I was speechless, maybe I could go to the beach sometimes.

"That's the same thing I said after seeing it as well, I'm glad that your also my next-door neighbor so we could see each other more often, I requested for you to be closer. I hope you don't mind," She explained.

"No, not at all but I do feel a bit uncomfortable whenever I'm in the presence of your fiancé."

"Don't worry in due time, you'll see he's not a bad person once you get to know him personally. I'll make him value you as a good friend as I do with you,"

"No, please that's not necessary," Why was she so damn adamant about Valentino and I becoming friends when it's better off if we stay far from each other? I don't need his friendship.

"I wanted to ask you something," She went inside her closet I assume and began strolling back and forth with the dresses in hand and throwing them on the bed.

"What is it?" I asked as I began looking through her wedding dresses that were absolutely beautiful.

"I wanted to know if you'd become my bridesmaid," She dropped a bomb shell on me.

"You don't have to answer now, you can think about it, but I'd really like for you to become my bridesmaid. I have no one else." She requested.

"Ok, I'll think about it but it's not a hundred percent guarantee," I warned her.

"Thank you, thank you!" She jumped up and down excitedly. She was a bubbly teenager.

"So, have you seen any dress that you've liked so far?" She asked me.

"Yes, I have a few I think would look gorgeous on you." I picked up the few and placed them aside.

"Great, I'll go ahead and try on the first on." she said grabbing up one of the dresses.

I decided to sit and wait as she went in the bathroom to change and present herself in the dress. I made sure to pick out only the top three most outstanding dress so that we could quickly get this over with and I'd be out of the devil's room.

But luck wasn't on my side as the devil himself strolled inside the room looking arrogant, handsome and vicious as ever.

What was I going to do now?

****************

Remember to vote and comment down below!💞💞💞