28. Chapter twenty-eight.

"I'm still unable to believe Valentino offered to have us come to the beach, I think he's starting to loosen up a little," Lili smiled at me.

I reciprocated the gesture with a small smile of my own. I still couldn't get over the fact that she threatened me about staying away from the men in her home because she was sleeping with them.

And I also couldn't believe Valentino agreed to make us go to the beach because of me although I still doubt it was. Maybe Lili did something to make him cave in just as he did before.

I looked up from where I was sitting to gaze at the glass window of Valentino's office but no one was there.

"I can't believe my parents will be coming tonight and my wedding is only a week away," Lili spoke looking anxious.

"I'm sure we all can't believe a lot of things we see these days," I retorted getting a side glance from Amato who stood by us as we took in the sun.

"From the time my parents dropped me at Valentino's little hide away until now they've never called once to ask how I was doing, it's like I'm a burden for them and there finally getting rid of me," She responded coldly.

"Well, it's a good thing you're marrying the man you love, isn't it? So, it won't be so hard as giving your heart away to someone you don't love" I explained knowing they clearly didn't love each other.

Without responded she avoided the question. I also got another side eye from Amato who looked slightly upset.

"Come on Lydia, let's go in the water together?" She asked excitedly changing the topic at hand.

"You can go ahead, I'll be right behind you," I told her.

As she ran off happily towards the beach, I turned towards Amato seeing this as my opportunity to ask him about what might've happened the night at the club.

"I wanted to ask you before about what happened the night of the club when Lili and I both had too much to drink, did something happen to me and did Valentino lose any business deal that night?" I asked eagerly.

"Well I do remember accounting for Lili that night after she got drunk but pertaining to you, Valentino was the one to ensure that you were being taken care of that night and I have no idea of any business deal. Those are kept confidential especially after what happened to him the night you showed up," Amato grimaced looking pale.

"Lili!" He shouted putting his attention onto Lili that was now vomiting her lungs out on the sand.

Quickly catching up to her Amato picked her up and brought her to a bin nearby.

"What did you have to eat this morning?" Amato asked her to make sure to hold her hair while running his hand up and down her back.

"I only ate fruits and orange juice for breakfast that's all," She explained.

"How do you feel now? I'll have the nurse ready so that she can properly run a thorough check up on you" Amato told her concerned.

"I do feel horrible," Lili conveyed to Amato as he carefully pulled her along like a porcelain doll.

"Are you sure you'd like to take her to the nurse? What if the outcome isn't something that you both are expecting?" I asked.

"What do you mean by this?" Amato questioned.

"How long as this been going on for Lili?" I questioned her this time around.

"About two days,"

"And do you feel, breast tenderness and enlargement, fatigue, passing urine more frequently than usual, particularly at night, mood swings, food dislike and sensitivity to smell because sensitivity to certain smells is a common symptom for pregnant women......."