2. It was all so unlike him

April, 2015

Louis woke up with his alarm again, Matty hadn't climbed into his bed in days, which was good because he got to sleep more, but he missed the morning cuddles with his baby. He dragged himself out of the bed and took a shower to wake up properly, he definitely wasn't a morning person like Matty, or a least like Matty used to be; maybe Matty was turning into Louis...

When Louis walked into Matty's room he saw him sleeping on his tummy with his mouth slightly opened and his hair looking like a mess (Louis made a mental note to take him to get a hair cut).

"Time to wake up monkey" Louis said as he sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed Matty's back gently.

Matty groaned, but didn't move an inch.

"Come on baby, don't you want to eat breakfast?" Louis knew that usually got him up.

" 'M sweepy" Matty mumbled.

"I'm sleepy too love, but I have to go to work and you have to go to day care, so you need to get up" Louis insisted.

Matty didn't move so Louis just pulled the covers back and took him out of bed.

"Nooo" the little boy protested.

"I'm sorry baby" Louis said and kissed his cheek.

Louis carried him to the kitchen and sat him on his chair while Matty rubbed his eyes with his fists. Louis decided they should just eat cereal, it was quicker and considering the way Matty was acting that morning, it was going to take Louis a while getting him ready to leave.

"Here Matty" Louis said putting the bowl and a spoon in front of him.

Matty murmured something that sounded like a thank you but he didn't pick up the spoon, it still seemed like he was sleeping.

"Monkey eat please" Louis encouraged while he ate his own cereal.

"No papa" Matty replied pushing the bowl away.

"Matty eat your cereal" Louis said pushing the bowl back on place.

"No".

"Matthew I'm going to count to three" Louis used his full name to get him to understand that he was being serious "1...".

Matty didn't even acknowledge his threat.

"2...".

Louis had no idea what he was going to do if he reached three, Matty usually did as he was told before Louis could get to two.

"3...".

Matty just stared at him, so Louis grabbed the little spoon deciding to give him the cereal himself.

"Open up" he said.

Matty moved away from the spoon while he pursed his lips together.

"It's cheerios, you love cheerios" Louis said while he kept trying to get the spoon inside Matty's mouth, but failing miserably.

"No hunwy papa" Matty finally said.

He wasn't hungry? He though Matty was just being difficult and wanted Louis to prepare something else.

"Does your tummy ache baby?" Louis really hoped he wasn't coming down with something.

Matty shook his head no.

"Do you feel like you're going to be sick?" Louis tried.

The boy shook his head again

Louis put his hand on Matty's forehead, he wasn't warm so he probably wasn't sick, he was still going to check with the ear thermometer later.