14. Patience is a virtue

"I bet having a kid makes it a lot harder" Harry said.

"What?".

Louis was sure he heard that wrong.

"I just imagine it must be hard having such a time consuming job and being a father at the same time" Harry said.

What was he saying? Did he know? Or was he talking about someone else?

"You're talking about Niall, right?" Louis asked hopeful.

"I'm talking about you".

"What?" Louis repeated.

He could feel the color draining from his face and his palms started to sweat.

How did he know?

Was he on to Louis about everything?

Was he pretending like Louis and was going to call the police on him and have him arrested?

He couldn't do that, he had no proof, and Louis hadn't done anything yet, so he was fine.

He was just being paranoid, right?

"Sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up" Harry said apollogetically probably noticing Louis was not comfortable at all "I should've let you tell me about him when you were ready".

"How...?" Louis started, but he couldn't get the words out.

This was bad.

"I called Gemma this morning, she was pissed that I interrupted her honeymoon, but that's beside the point" Harry shook his head "I told her I had a date with you and she was delighted, she loves you, you're like her personal hero. Anyway, she started blabbering about you and she said you have a cute little boy who looks just like you, she said she couldn't remember his name but that he has a cute nickname that starts with an M".

Stupid nosey Gemma!

But at least Harry didn't know anything else, just that Louis had a son; not that he was biologically his and that Louis was the person who wrote him that letter.

So it was all good.

The plan could still work.

Play it cool Louis, he told himself.

"His nickname's Matty, right?" Harry said.

Louis frowned.

How the fuck did he know that?

"I heard Jace saying he wanted to see Matty, and you got really nervous, so I kind of connected the dots" Harry explained.

"I...uhm...I..." Louis was at a lost of words.

So much for playing it cool.

"So I'm guessing his name is Matthew?" Harry wondered.

Louis just nodded, he didn't know what else to do, he was out of his comfort zone, way out.

"By your reaction I'm guessing you weren't planning on telling me about him yet" Harry said taking Louis's hand in his "But you don't have to worry, I don't mind that you have a kid, it's completely fine by me".

Oh, so Harry thought that Louis thought that revealing the existence of Matty would cause Harry to run away. So right now Harry thought Louis was panicking because he thought his chances with Harry had gone through the window?

Please!

Louis would never hide Matty's existence from a man he really wanted to date, ever. If someone had a problem with Matty they could shove it.