70. I'm always thinking about it

LOUIS

September, 2016

"Niall?" Louis asked, coming into his best friend's office.

He found him laying down on the small sofa he had there, his eyes closed, and his hands resting on his baby bump, and for a second Louis thought he was sleeping.

"Mmm" Niall hummed, not even moving an inch.

"Are you okay?" Louis wondered.

"No" Niall groaned.

"What's wrong?".

"I feel like shit" Niall declared.

"Language" Louis said trying to cover Ruby's ears, who he had in his arms.

"Huh?" Niall said, and opened his eyes "Oh, sorry, why is Ruby here?".

"Eleanor's sick, and Harry went to Brighton for the day, so I had to bring her" Louis shrugged, and sat down on a chair with Ruby on his lap.

"You could've worked from home" Niall suggested, as he sat up.

"I have a client coming, and I felt bad rescheduling her on such short notice" Louis explained as he bounced Ruby a little to keep her entertained "And I was hoping you could watch Ruby for a bit, but if you're not feeling well, I can ask someone else".

"No, no, I can watch her for a while" Niall offered.

"Are you sure?" Louis hesitated.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit nauseous" Niall said, as he rubbed his baby bump.

Niall wasn't that far along, just around 15 weeks or so, but his belly looked quite big, which had to do with the fact that this was his 4th pregnancy.

"Just a bit?" Louis asked unsure, now noticing Niall was looking a little green.

"Or a lot" Niall said, and laid down again.

"You really feel like s-h-i-t, don't you?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, I threw up for like an hour, and now I feel like the room is spinning" Niall explained, as he covered his eyes with his arm.

"Do you need something? Water? Ginger tea? Crackers?" Louis suggested all the things he knew could help with morning sickness.

"No, I just need to stay like this for a while" Niall replied.

"Maybe I should take you home" Louis considered.

"No, it's going to pass soon".

"Are you sure?".

"Yeah, this happens almost every day" Niall explained.

"I didn't know that" said Louis, as he gently passed his hand across Ruby's soft brown hair.

"I try not to complain too much around you" Niall confessed.

"Why?" Louis frowned, because that made no sense.

"You know why, Lou" Niall said, his voice soft.