50. He looks older

LOUIS

Louis and Harry woke up early that Tuesday morning to have everything ready for their baby when he woke up.

After all, not every day Matty turned 3!

Harry had decided to make a chocolate cake for Matty, and Louis kept himself busy setting up the dining room table nicely, and decorating the room with balloons, streamers, and a banner he had had especially made, that said 'Happy Birthday Matty!'.

"I'm done with the cake" Harry announced coming into the dining room.

"I'm almost done too" Louis replied, as he finished hanging the banner "Is it straight?".

"Uh..." Harry looked at it for a bit, and then nodded "Yeah, it's perfect".

"Good" Louis smiled "Then we're all set".

"Let's go wake up our monkey" Harry proposed, and outstretched his hand for Louis to hold.

Louis smiled, and held Harry's hand, and they walked down the corridor until they reached Matty's room, and walked inside.

As always, Matty was sleeping on his tummy, and he was tightly hugging his plush dinosaur.

"He looks older, don't you agree?" Louis whispered.

"No, he doesn't, he looks the same he did last night" Harry laughed quietly.

Louis gave him an 'I'm right, you're wrong' look, and walked up to the bed, and kneeled down next to it.

"Rise and shine, monkey, it's a special day today" Louis said sweetly, as he softly stroked his cheek with the back of his fingers.

"No" Matty said sleepily.

"But it's your birthday, and do you know what that means?" Louis asked.

"Cake?" Matty asked, opening his eyes a little now.

"Yep, cake, and also presents" Louis smiled.

Matty really opened his eyes then, and sat up on the bed.

"Pwesens!" Matty said happily.

Louis heard Harry laugh behind him, as Matty quickly pushed the covers off of him, and tried to get up.

"Wait, I need to give you a birthday hug first" Louis stopped him.

"Kay" Matty said and opened his arms for his father.

"Cutie" Louis chuckled, and gave his baby a tight hug "Happy Birthday, baby boy, I love you".

He really let that hug soak in, because there had been a time, when Matty was still sick, in which he thought his baby was never going to get to his third birthday, and he almost hadn't made it.

But he couldn't be more grateful that he had, because being able to see Matty grow up, had been his wish all along.

"I think it's my turn now" Harry interrupted.

"Yeah, alright" Louis agreed, and let go of Matty.

"Happy birthday, monkey!" Harry exclaimed, and opened his arms for the little boy, who jumped right into them.

Then he picked up Matty, and he spun him around in the air, which made Matty giggle in delight.

"I love you" Harry said when he was done spinning, and he gave Matty a kiss on his cheek.

"Wove you, now down, daddy" Matty said squirming in Harry's arms.

Harry put him down, and Matty ran off the bedroom, probably to go find his presents and the cake, so Harry and Louis followed behind.