5. It's a very simple procedure

As an event planer Louis had learned that in order to not forget anything he had to make a list of everything he needed to do and then check everything twice, so that's what he did when he packed Matty's hospital bag. He made sure he had everything Matty could possible need or want, jammies (with and without footies), his favourite blankie, socks, undies, a toothbrush, a hairbrush, his favourite toys, just everything. He was trying to keep his mind busy on the bag and not on the fact that Matty was going to be spending time at a hospital.

"Sweep oveh?" Matty asked as Louis doubled checked everything on the bag before they had to leave.

"What baby?" Louis asked distractedly.

"Sweep oveh Jace house?" Matty asked pointing at the bag.

Matty must have noticed Louis always took the same bag when he slept over at Niall and Liam's, so now he though he was sleeping over at Jace's; Louis so wished that was the reason he was packing that bag.

"No monkey, you're not going to sleep over at Jace's today" Louis explained.

"Why no?" Matty asked.

Louis sighed, he knew he had to come up with some kind of explanation for Matty, he couldn't just take him to the hospital expecting Matty to not ask what was happening. He sat on the bed and sat Matty on his lap to talk to him, he was going to try to explain as best he could.

"Matty, you know how lately you've been very sleepy?" Louis asked.

Matty just nodded as he looked at Louis's eyes.

"And you know how you have those purple marks all over?" wondered Louis.

"Yesh, they ouchy" Matty replied.

"I'm sorry baby" Louis said as he ran his fingers through Matty's hair "But today we're going to a special place and there's going to be some people there who are going to make you better; you're not going to have those purple marks anymore and you're not going to be so sleepy, alright?".

"Yesh" Matty nodded.

"And I need you to be brave, okay?" Louis continued "Can you promise me you'll be brave? For papa?".

"Pwomise" Matty nodded again.

"And I want you to know that whatever happens, papa is always going to be there with you, so you never have to be scared" Louis could feel the tears gathering in his eyes and he had to struggle to keep them at bay.

"Papa sad?" Matty asked with a cute frown.

"No baby, I'm okay" Louis replied and gave Matty a big hug "I love you my little monkey".

"Wove you papa" Matty replied as he wrapped his little arms around Louis.

Louis hugged him even tighter, he loved his little boy so damn much, he would do anything to make him get better, but sadly now, it wasn't in his hands to make him better, but in the doctors. Louis kissed his forehead and he put him back on his feet on the floor and gathered everything for them to leave.

They drove to the hospital a few minutes later, and Louis kept looking through the mirror at Matty who had fallen at sleep in his chair shortly after Louis started the car. When they reached the hospital and Louis parked the car, he didn't get out of it immediately, he hated hospitals and he always avoided them at any cost, so he had a hard time going inside of one willingly.

As he was gathering courage to go, he was startled when he heard tapping on his window and when he looked in that direction he realized it was Liam. Louis waved hello at him and got out of the car.

"You didn't have to come get me at the parking lot mate" Louis said as Liam gave him a hug to say hello.

"I had the feeling you were going to have trouble going inside the hospital" Liam replied as he let go of Louis.