24. Only time will tell

HARRY

Harry had been out of town for the last week. He had been up north in different cities seeing how the coffee shop places were coming together in terms of remodeling, so he had to spend a lot of time talking to the constructors to make sure they were doing exactly what Harry wanted in each shop. He had also interviewed people because he needed to hire a manager for every shop urgently, he needed someone to be in charge and who would inform him of what was going on in each shop, and that process had certainly not been easy.

He had been reluctant to go at first, he didn't want to leave Matty (and Louis and the baby for that matter), but he knew he needed to do it if he wanted his business to do well and start making profit soon. So he had to explain to Matty that he wasn't going to be over for a few days, and the little boy had been sad about it, but Harry promised him, after asking Louis if it was okay, to facetime him every day, and he had kept his promise.

It was Friday evening, and Harry was extremely tired from the hectic week and having to drive back to London, so after dropping Luke off at his place, the only thing he wanted was to arrive home, get inside his bed and sleep for days. He was about 10 minutes away from his flat, when his ringtone started blasting through the car speakers, so he quickly pressed the button on the steering wheel to answer.

"Hello?" Harry said.

"Hi Harry" a woman's voice said, and Harry didn't have to check the caller ID to know who it was.

"Mum, hey" Harry said surprised "How are you?".

He hadn't talked to her since the day he walked out of his parents' house, he had only texted her a couple of times, but it had been only to say hello and her replies had been very short.

"I'm fine, what about you?" .

"I'm okay, trying to get my business afloat, which dad's certainly not making easy for me" Harry replied.

"Harry you know I don't like to get involved in your father's business" Anne said.

"I know" Harry said tiredly "So, are you just calling to say hi?".

"Not exactly, I'm calling to talk about Gemma" Anne explained.

"What about Gemma?" Harry wondered as he came to a stop at a red light.

"She's pregnant" Anne announced.

"She is?" Harry said playing dumb.

Gemma had stopped talking to both their parents altogether, and although Harry told her she didn't have to do that on his account, she said she had already made up her mind. So because Gemma wasn't on speaking terms with their parents, they didn't know she was pregnant, and she had even gone as far to say that they weren't going to meet her baby unless they apologized to Harry.

"I know you know Harry, you two tell each other everything" Anne said like she disapproved.

"How did you even found out?" Harry wondered starting to drive again when the light turned green.

"Today I ran into Andrew's mother at the Club, and she started talking about us being grandmothers, clearly thinking I knew, but of course I didn't have a clue!" Anne exclaimed "Do you know how embarrassing that was? Finding out my own daughter's pregnant from her mother in-law?".

"I bet everyone at that stuck up Club laughed at you, how did you even survive the embarrassment?" Harry asked mockingly.

"Don't be taunting Harry, it's ill-mannered" Anne scolded.

"What should I say then?" Harry asked, having to make an effort not to lash out.

"That you're going to talk to your sister".