44. I hate your stupid eyes

LOUIS

Louis woke up very early that Saturday morning to go set up the wedding he had been organizing for that day, so he could join Harry at his friend's wedding later that same morning, which was where he was driving to right now.

He was a bit nervous about not staying there during the whole thing; usually when he didn't attend an event he had organized, especially a big one, he planned for that with weeks in advance, not just a day. But he trusted that both assistants he had left in charge were competent enough to see it through, and if there was any trouble he could always go back, but not as fast as he would want, it was a 45 minute drive (without traffic).

On the other hand, he was also nervous about meeting Harry's friends, and although Harry had assured him that they were really nice, and that they were going to love him, his stomach was still in knots, this was a big step for them.

His ringtone started blasting through the speakers, and Louis pressed the answer button on the steering wheel without checking who it was, but begging it wasn't Sophia or Max, the assistants in charge of the event.

"Hello?" Louis said.

"Hey babe, it's me" Harry's voice said, and Louis could breath again "Where are you?".

"About 5 minutes away" Louis replied, quickly glancing at his gps to confirm.

"Great, I'm waiting outside the church for you" Harry announced.

"Alright, see you then" Louis replied.

"Okay, bye, I love you" Harry said quickly.

"Bye, Harry" Louis said, and hung up.

It had only been 2 days since Harry began saying 'I love you', but every time he said it, something always happened inside Louis' tummy, it was like butterfly flutters, and no, it wasn't the baby.

He guessed it was just happiness at the thought of knowing someone was in love with him, which had never happened to him before, Harry had been the first to say those words to him, and it was definitely an amazing feeling.

Now the trouble was that he felt bad not saying it back, because Harry always looked so expectant when he said it, as if he was waiting for Louis to say it back, but he wasn't ready to say it yet.

To be honest, he wasn't even sure if he was in love with Harry, and he didn't want to say it just because Harry had, that wouldn't be fair to him.

But how could he know if he was in love with Harry if he had never been in love with anyone else before?

He knew for sure that what he felt for Harry was stronger than anything he had felt for anyone, but was that love?

Or was love a stronger feeling?

He couldn't imagine any feeling being stronger, except for the love he felt for his son and daughter, but that love was completely different, so they couldn't really be compared.

Louis thought maybe he could asked Niall, he had been in love with Liam for years, so maybe he could explain, but he would risk being mocked by Niall for the rest of eternity, because yes, he had a crappy best friend who made fun of him for that sort of thing.

He reached the church where the wedding ceremony was taking place, and after he parked the car in the next block, he walked back to the church, and sure enough, his boyfriend was waiting for him near the entrance, looking as hot as he always looked in a suit.

"Hi, sweetheart" Harry greeted with a smile, and pecked his lips "You look amazing".

"You look a lot better" Louis half smiled.