27. What's wrong with people lately?

LOUIS

Louis' baby was officially an energy draining machine. He could barely keep his eyes open most of the time, and right now he was with clients, and he was really struggling.

"So uh... before I forget, does the black and white theme include the guests?" Louis asked his clients.

"Definitely" Scott, one of the grooms said "Thanks for reminding me, because that has to go in the invitation".

"Okay" Louis nodded and wrote that down "I should warn you though, there's always people that don't even bother with the dress code".

"No one will be allowed in if they're not wearing black and/or white" Scott said determinedly.

"Scotty, I think that might be a little excessive" Doug, the other groom told his fiance.

"No, it's not" Scott insisted "We're spending a ton of money to feed these people, the least they could do is read the invitation".

"This is just a suggestion, and I know it's not the same, but last year I organized this big '80's theme birthday party, and what we did is that we had extra clothes and accessories for people who forgot it was a theme party or didn't even bother with it" Louis explained.

"That could be an option, but it would be a rather expensive" Doug considered.

"I think so too, but if Scott is set on not allowing people in if they don't follow the dress code..." Louis trailed off.

"We'll think about that, and we'll get back to you" Scott decided "But I still want a person standing in the entrance checking how people are dressed".

Doug rolled his eyes, but Louis had to keep a straight face, so he just nodded and wrote it down.

"We could also send people reminders a couple of days before the wedding" Louis suggested.

"Yes, I like that idea" Scott agreed "We're doing it".

"Alright".

They discussed a few more details for the next 10 minutes, and then the appointment (finally!) finished.

"Remember, you're going cake tasting next Tuesday at 3, our assistant Max is going to accompany you"  Louis said as he stood up from his seat to let them out of his office.

"Yes, we have that in mind" Doug said.

"Great" Louis smiled at him.

"Congrats on the baby, by the way" Scott grinned.

"What?" Louis said surprised.

"Scott!" Doug scolded.

"You aren't pregnant?" Scott frowned.

"Uh... yes, I am..." Louis replied.

"I told you he was pregnant! You owe me 20 pounds" Scott said to Doug, then he turned to Louis "I saw your little bump when you left to get the samples of the invitations, and I told Doug you were pregnant, but he said you weren't".

"Oh, okay" Louis nodded slowly, he didn't know what else to say.

"How far along are you?" Scott asked.

"That's none of your business Scott" Doug told his fiance "I'm sorry Louis, I can't take this one anywhere, he doesn't know how to mind his own business".

"Oh shush, I bet Louis loves to talk about his baby" said Scott.

"I don't actually" Louis replied.

"Was it an accident?" Scott asked making a face.

"Scott!".

"No, it's a planned baby, but I don't like to discuss my personal life with clients" Louis said in a serious voice "I hope you can respect that".