47. I'm always on your side

HARRY

Harry suddenly opened his eyes when he heard the front door of the flat opening and closing.

He hadn't intended to fall asleep, but he had been quite tired, and the circumstances had led him to that.

After Matty and he got back home from lunch at Gemma's, they played pirates for a little while, and then they baked lemon bars for Louis (and for them too). The problem was that Matty ended up covered in flour because he was a messy little chef, so Harry had to give him his bath earlier than normal, and he put him in his jammies, so he wouldn't have to change him again later.

And that was when Matty announced he was very sleepy, and Harry realized he had forgotten to put him down for his nap.

And because Matty knew he could take advantage of Harry when Louis wasn't at home, he got on Louis' bed, deciding he was going to be sleeping there.

So Harry grabbed a blanket, he covered him and cuddled him, and somehow he had fallen asleep too.

"Hey" Louis said giving him a lazy smile as he walked inside the bedroom.

"Hi, baby" Harry smiled at him.

"Isn't it a bit early for Matty to be sleeping?" Louis wondered as he headed to the closet, and started taking off his clothes.

"I kind of forgot to put him down for his nap" Harry said apologetically.

"Hazza" Louis said reproachfully.

"I'm sorry, it just slipped my mind, and he didn't say he was sleepy" Harry explained.

"Now he's never going to fall asleep tonight" Louis sighed.

"Maybe he will sleep until tomorrow" Harry suggested.

"He can't, he didn't have dinner" Louis reminded him "Or did he?".

"No, and I fell asleep too, so I didn't even get to cook it" Harry explained "But I did bake the lemon bars".

"Thanks, Haz, and don't worry about dinner, let's just order something" Louis said as he walked over to the bed, and he laid down on it next to Matty.

Louis had changed into joggers (Harry's) and a black Nike sweatshirt (also Harry's), and now that Harry was seeing him from up close, he could see the tiredness in his face.

He had been wanting to ask him if he had seen Ethan after all, and if he had said anything, but he knew this wasn't the right time, so he decided to postpone the question.

"Are you tired, sweetheart?" Harry asked gently.

"Yeah" Louis pouted.

"My poor baby" Harry said and softly stroked his cheek.

"Kiss me?" Louis asked.

Harry smiled, and as best he could to try not to disturb Matty, he leaned in and he pecked Louis' lips.

"I missed you" Harry smiled.

"Me too" Louis sighed, and gently dragged Matty in his direction, and cuddled him "And I missed my little monkey too".

"Why don't you take a nap with him, and I'll go cook dinner in the meantime?" Harry proposed.

"No, don't go" Louis stopped him, and took his hand in his "I've been waiting for this all day, the three of us together".

"Four of us" Harry corrected.

"You're right" Louis smiled "So forget about dinner, and let's just order pizza, alright?".