71. Happy anniversary

HARRY

October, 2016

It was Harry and Louis' official 1 year anniversary.

It had been a year since Louis asked Harry if he wanted to be his boyfriend.

Well, not exactly a year.

Their anniversary was on the 22nd, which was a Saturday, but Louis had to work that day, so they were celebrating the night before, which was just as good.

Lottie had gone to their flat for the night, to babysit Matty and Ruby, while he and Louis went out for a special dinner date.

"Are you telling me now where we're going?" Harry asked, while Louis drove.

Louis had insisted to be the one to make reservations, and so far he hadn't told Harry where.

"We're going to the same place where we had our first dinner date" Louis replied.

"And that is...?" Harry said, trying to remember.

"The OXO Tower restaurant" Louis replied "You took me there, how did you forget?".

"I didn't forget, I just thought we didn't count that as a real date, we were fake dating back then, remember?".

"I know, but do you remember what I told you on that date?" questioned Louis.

"About your family, you mean?" Harry guessed.

"Yeah, I pretty much told you my life story that day, which is a really personal thing for me to share with someone".

"You know, after you told me the truth about Matty and everything, I kept wondering why you had done that, been so open with me, considering you were supposed to hate me during that date" Harry mentioned.

"You kept making me forget why I hated you, and somehow you made me feel comfortable enough to share those things with you" Louis answered "And that's why I think of that as a real date, I really think despite everything, and how I denied it for some time, we really connected then".

"To me, we connected the first time we met" Harry said.

"I know, babe" Louis smiled "But don't you think it's nice that we're going to this restaurant?".

"Yes, of course, I love the idea" Harry said truthfully.

"Good" Louis grinned, while he looked ahead to the road.

They got to the restaurant about 15 minutes later, they got seated right away because they had a reservation, and they ordered their drinks (champagne, of course) and food; a starter to share, and then a main plate each.

"Let's make a toast" Harry said lifting up his champagne filled glass "To our one year anniversary, and the hope that there will be many more to come".

"There definitely will" Louis beamed, and clinked his glass with Harry's, as he looked him straight in the eyes "Cheers, Hazza".

"Cheers" Harry said back, and drank from his glass.

"I feel it's been so much longer than a year, though" Louis said, putting his glass on the table.