31. Shocking, huh?

LOUIS

For an unknown reason, Louis felt uncomfortable when he woke up that morning, which was definitely weird.

It was only a few seconds later, that he realized that the reason he felt that way was because his tshirt was too tight around his belly.

And that could only mean one thing.

He looked down at his tummy, and he realized it had grown a lot overnight, enough for his thsirt to look stretched.

"Great" Louis sighed.

Louis was lying down on the recliner in Matty's room, and before he stood up, he looked at the bed, to check if  Matty was awake, and thankfully he was still asleep. So he pushed back the blanket he had slept with and stood up, then he grabbed his (Harry's) jumper, and his phone, and he headed to the bathroom.

The first thing he did when he got there, was asses the situation, so he lifted up his tshirt, and inspected his belly through the mirror.

It wasn't massive or anything, but certainly bigger than it was the night before.

"Baby, you were supposed to wait until I told your brother about you" Louis said to his bump while he kept looking at it.

Louis decided there was nothing he could do now, so he put on the jumper, even though he wasn't even cold, and to his horror, he realized that despite it being big on him, a small trace of his bump could still be distinguished.

"I guess I'm telling your brother today" Louis told the baby.

Just the day before, while Harry and him were waiting to be called for the appointment with Liam, they had decided that they were going to go with Harry's idea of giving Matty a present and tell him the baby was sending it. Maybe it was going to work, or maybe it wasn't, but Louis was willing to try anything that would prevent Matty from feeling sad about the news, so the present idea was worth a shot.

He looked at the time on his phone, and he realized Harry was about to arrive any minute now with breakfast, but he still decided to call, thinking there was a chance Matty might wake up before he arrived, and then they weren't going to be able to talk properly about the whole thing.

"Hello?" Harry answered.

"We need to execute the plan today" Louis said, skipping the hello.

"What?" Harry asked confused.

"The baby decided to have a growth spurt last night, meaning my belly popped, not even your big jumper can conceal it properly" Louis explained.

"Okay..." Harry said slowly.

"So I was thinking you should get Matty's present today, and we can tell him when you come over at lunch time, or..." Louis was saying.

"I'm not coming over at lunchtime today" Harry interrupted.

"No?" Louis frowned.

After Matty was released from the PICU, Harry went back to work, but he decided to add lunch time to his daily visits, saying he had gotten used to spending a lot of time with Matty. Louis thought it was great, because he had been leaving Harry in charge of Matty at that time every day, so he could go home to take a shower, and change his clothes.

"I have to go to Bristol today to check on the shop there" Harry explained.

"Why didn't tell me yesterday?" Louis asked confused.