41. It's only the truth

LOUIS

Louis was currently sitting on Matty's room floor, and he was going over the little boy's clothes and shoes, which he had been putting off for a while now. He had things organized in piles; there was one with things that were still good, another one with things he was going to give away, and the third one had things he was going to save for the baby when she was older.

"Papa, pway wif me, pwease?" Matty begged going over to him for the millionth time.

"Let me finish here and we'll play, I promise" Louis replied.

"You say same fing befowe" Matty pouted.

"That was just 2 minutes ago, Matty" Louis said patiently "Now let me check if your rain boots still fit you".

Matty huffed, and plopped down on the floor next to his father, which Louis knew his son was getting tired to do, but he wanted to get this task over with once and for all.

"Thank you, monkey" Louis said as he tried to put one of the boots on him.

"Ow" Matty complained.

"Sorry, love" Louis said and gave up.

He had been sure they were going to fit, they had been a little big on him last winter, but he had been wrong, so he put them in the save for the baby pile, they were in great shape and they had been expensive.

"Pway now?" Matty wondered.

"Not yet, monkey" Louis replied.

"Bu' I bowed, papa!" Matty yelled.

"Don't shout, you know you don't get things when you shout" Louis said using what he liked to call his parent voice.

He had been trying to teach Harry how to use that voice, but it was useless, he was too much of a softie.

"Sowy" Matty said in his normal voice "Bu' I weally bowed"

"I know you are baby, and if you wait 1o more minutes, I'm going to play with you, alright?" Louis proposed.

"Kay" Matty mumbled.

"Good boy" Louis said and kissed his forehead "Why don't you go color that new book I got you?".

Matty nodded, and went to the little table in the corner of the room where he had his books and crayons, and he sat down and started coloring.

Louis went back to sort out the clothes, but not even a minute later Matty  appeared next to him again.

"Papa, why Jace no come pway wif me no moe?" Matty wondered.

"Uncle Niall, and Uncle Liam have been a little busy, so they haven't been able to bring Jace and the girls" Louis explained.

That was actually a big fat lie.

His friends were always busy, yes, but not so much that they couldn't bring their kids to play with Matty, who was still in house arrest. The real reason why they hadn't been over was very simple; Niall had blabbered in front of their kids, and they knew the baby was a girl, but Matty didn't, and Louis didn't want him finding out from his friends.