39. Don't lie to me

LOUIS

"Goodnight, monkey" Louis said when he finished reading his son a bedtime story, and then he kissed his forehead "I love you".

"Wove you papa, bu' no sweep" Matty refused, but his eyes looked pretty drowsy.

"Why not?" Louis asked.

"Wanna see daddy" Matty pouted.

"I told you he's still working, love" Louis explained.

"Can caw daddy an' say nighty night?" Matty asked.

"Sure, I'll go get my phone" Louis gave in.

He stood up from the bed, and went to his room, where he had left his phone charging, and as he headed back, he realized he had 6 missed calls and 9 new texts from Niall, but he ignored them, knowing what they were about, and instead he just called Harry.

"Hey babe, is everything okay?" Harry asked picking up right away.

"Yeah, Matty just wants to say goodnight to you" Louis explained as he walked in Matty's room "He's all tucked in so I'm going to put you on speaker, okay?".

"Alright" Harry agreed.

Louis pressed the button, and he placed the phone near Matty.

"Harry, you can talk to him now" Louis encouraged.

"Hey monkey, I heard you wanted to say goodnight to me" Harry said softly.

"Daddy you meanie" Matty said sounding very serious.

That was so unexpected and funny, that Louis had no way of hiding his laughter, which apparently Matty didn't appreciate, because he looked at him accusingly.

"Why, love?" Harry wondered, his voice sounded amused.

"Cause no hewe wif me, an' papa make yucky food, no wike yummy food you make daddy" Matty answered.

"Who's being a meanie now?" Louis muttered feeling offended.

"I'm sorry you had to eat yucky food, and for not being there all day" Harry apologized "But I'll be there tomorrow when you wake up, and I'll cook yummy breakfast for you, alright?".

"Pwomise?" Matty asked.

"I promise" Harry assured him.

"Kay, I sweepy now" Matty said and yawned "Bye-bye daddy, wove you".

"I love you, monkey" Harry replied "Sweet dreams".

Louis knew Matty was done talking, so he turned off the speaker, and took the phone to his ear.

"Don't hang up, I'll talk to you in a sec" Louis said to Harry.

"I'll wait, don't worry" Harry replied.

Louis put down the phone to give Matty another goodnight kiss, then he made sure he was warm and cozy enough, and when he was sure everything was okay, he left the room, turning off the light and leaving the door ajar behind him.

"Are you still there?" Louis asked through the phone as he walked to the living room.

"Mhmm" Harry hummed, and Louis could hear typing.

"Are you too busy to talk?" Louis wondered.

"No, I'm just trying to finish this quickly, so I can leave" Harry replied.

"You're still coming over, right?" asked Louis.

"Yeah, but I have to drop by my place first" Harry commented.